Choose Your Test
Sat / act prep online guides and tips, 113 perfect persuasive essay topics for any assignment.
Do you need to write a persuasive essay but aren’t sure what topic to focus on? Were you thrilled when your teacher said you could write about whatever you wanted but are now overwhelmed by the possibilities? We’re here to help!
Read on for a list of 113 top-notch persuasive essay topics, organized into ten categories. To help get you started, we also discuss what a persuasive essay is, how to choose a great topic, and what tips to keep in mind as you write your persuasive essay.
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
In a persuasive essay, you attempt to convince readers to agree with your point of view on an argument. For example, an essay analyzing changes in Italian art during the Renaissance wouldn’t be a persuasive essay, because there’s no argument, but an essay where you argue that Italian art reached its peak during the Renaissance would be a persuasive essay because you’re trying to get your audience to agree with your viewpoint.
Persuasive and argumentative essays both try to convince readers to agree with the author, but the two essay types have key differences. Argumentative essays show a more balanced view of the issue and discuss both sides. Persuasive essays focus more heavily on the side the author agrees with. They also often include more of the author’s opinion than argumentative essays, which tend to use only facts and data to support their argument.
All persuasive essays have the following:
- Introduction: Introduces the topic, explains why it’s important, and ends with the thesis.
- Thesis: A sentence that sums up what the essay be discussing and what your stance on the issue is.
- Reasons you believe your side of the argument: Why do you support the side you do? Typically each main point will have its own body paragraph.
- Evidence supporting your argument: Facts or examples to back up your main points. Even though your opinion is allowed in persuasive essays more than most other essays, having concrete examples will make a stronger argument than relying on your opinion alone.
- Conclusion: Restatement of thesis, summary of main points, and a recap of why the issue is important.
What Makes a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Theoretically, you could write a persuasive essay about any subject under the sun, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you should. Certain topics are easier to write a strong persuasive essay on, and below are tips to follow when deciding what you should write about.
It’s a Topic You Care About
Obviously, it’s possible to write an essay about a topic you find completely boring. You’ve probably done it! However, if possible, it’s always better to choose a topic that you care about and are interested in. When this is the case, you’ll find doing the research more enjoyable, writing the essay easier, and your writing will likely be better because you’ll be more passionate about and informed on the topic.
You Have Enough Evidence to Support Your Argument
Just being passionate about a subject isn’t enough to make it a good persuasive essay topic, though. You need to make sure your argument is complex enough to have at least two potential sides to root for, and you need to be able to back up your side with evidence and examples. Even though persuasive essays allow your opinion to feature more than many other essays, you still need concrete evidence to back up your claims, or you’ll end up with a weak essay.
For example, you may passionately believe that mint chocolate chip ice cream is the best ice cream flavor (I agree!), but could you really write an entire essay on this? What would be your reasons for believing mint chocolate chip is the best (besides the fact that it’s delicious)? How would you support your belief? Have enough studies been done on preferred ice cream flavors to support an entire essay? When choosing a persuasive essay idea, you want to find the right balance between something you care about (so you can write well on it) and something the rest of the world cares about (so you can reference evidence to strengthen your position).
It’s a Manageable Topic
Bigger isn’t always better, especially with essay topics. While it may seem like a great idea to choose a huge, complex topic to write about, you’ll likely struggle to sift through all the information and different sides of the issue and winnow them down to one streamlined essay. For example, choosing to write an essay about how WWII impacted American life more than WWI wouldn’t be a great idea because you’d need to analyze all the impacts of both the wars in numerous areas of American life. It’d be a huge undertaking. A better idea would be to choose one impact on American life the wars had (such as changes in female employment) and focus on that. Doing so will make researching and writing your persuasive essay much more feasible.
List of 113 Good Persuasive Essay Topics
Below are over 100 persuasive essay ideas, organized into ten categories. When you find an idea that piques your interest, you’ll choose one side of it to argue for in your essay. For example, if you choose the topic, “should fracking be legal?” you’d decide whether you believe fracking should be legal or illegal, then you’d write an essay arguing all the reasons why your audience should agree with you.
- Should students be required to learn an instrument in school?
- Did the end of Game of Thrones fit with the rest of the series?
- Can music be an effective way to treat mental illness?
- With e-readers so popular, have libraries become obsolete?
- Are the Harry Potter books more popular than they deserve to be?
- Should music with offensive language come with a warning label?
- What’s the best way for museums to get more people to visit?
- Should students be able to substitute an art or music class for a PE class in school?
- Are the Kardashians good or bad role models for young people?
- Should people in higher income brackets pay more taxes?
- Should all high school students be required to take a class on financial literacy?
- Is it possible to achieve the American dream, or is it only a myth?
- Is it better to spend a summer as an unpaid intern at a prestigious company or as a paid worker at a local store/restaurant?
- Should the United States impose more or fewer tariffs?
- Should college graduates have their student loans forgiven?
- Should restaurants eliminate tipping and raise staff wages instead?
- Should students learn cursive writing in school?
- Which is more important: PE class or music class?
- Is it better to have year-round school with shorter breaks throughout the year?
- Should class rank be abolished in schools?
- Should students be taught sex education in school?
- Should students be able to attend public universities for free?
- What’s the most effective way to change the behavior of school bullies?
- Are the SAT and ACT accurate ways to measure intelligence?
- Should students be able to learn sign language instead of a foreign language?
- Do the benefits of Greek life at colleges outweigh the negatives?
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Why do students in many other countries score higher than American students on math exams?
- Should parents/teachers be able to ban certain books from schools?
- What’s the best way to reduce cheating in school?
- Should colleges take a student’s race into account when making admissions decisions?
- Should there be limits to free speech?
- Should students be required to perform community service to graduate high school?
- Should convicted felons who have completed their sentence be allowed to vote?
- Should gun ownership be more tightly regulated?
- Should recycling be made mandatory?
- Should employers be required to offer paid leave to new parents?
- Are there any circumstances where torture should be allowed?
- Should children under the age of 18 be able to get plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons?
- Should white supremacy groups be allowed to hold rallies in public places?
- Does making abortion illegal make women more or less safe?
- Does foreign aid actually help developing countries?
- Are there times a person’s freedom of speech should be curtailed?
- Should people over a certain age not be allowed to adopt children?
- Should the minimum voting age be raised/lowered/kept the same?
- Should Puerto Rico be granted statehood?
- Should the United States build a border wall with Mexico?
- Who should be the next person printed on American banknotes?
- Should the United States’ military budget be reduced?
- Did China’s one child policy have overall positive or negative impacts on the country?
- Should DREAMers be granted US citizenship?
- Is national security more important than individual privacy?
- What responsibility does the government have to help homeless people?
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Should the US increase or decrease the number of refugees it allows in each year?
- Should privately-run prisons be abolished?
- Who was the most/least effective US president?
- Will Brexit end up helping or harming the UK?
- What’s the best way to reduce the spread of Ebola?
- Is the Keto diet a safe and effective way to lose weight?
- Should the FDA regulate vitamins and supplements more strictly?
- Should public schools require all students who attend to be vaccinated?
- Is eating genetically modified food safe?
- What’s the best way to make health insurance more affordable?
- What’s the best way to lower the teen pregnancy rate?
- Should recreational marijuana be legalized nationwide?
- Should birth control pills be available without a prescription?
- Should pregnant women be forbidden from buying cigarettes and alcohol?
- Why has anxiety increased in adolescents?
- Are low-carb or low-fat diets more effective for weight loss?
- What caused the destruction of the USS Maine?
- Was King Arthur a mythical legend or actual Dark Ages king?
- Was the US justified in dropping atomic bombs during WWII?
- What was the primary cause of the Rwandan genocide?
- What happened to the settlers of the Roanoke colony?
- Was disagreement over slavery the primary cause of the US Civil War?
- What has caused the numerous disappearances in the Bermuda triangle?
- Should nuclear power be banned?
- Is scientific testing on animals necessary?
- Do zoos help or harm animals?
- Should scientists be allowed to clone humans?
- Should animals in circuses be banned?
- Should fracking be legal?
- Should people be allowed to keep exotic animals as pets?
- What’s the best way to reduce illegal poaching in Africa?
- What is the best way to reduce the impact of global warming?
- Should euthanasia be legalized?
- Is there legitimate evidence of extraterrestrial life?
- Should people be banned from owning aggressive dog breeds?
- Should the United States devote more money towards space exploration?
- Should the government subsidize renewable forms of energy?
- Is solar energy worth the cost?
- Should stem cells be used in medicine?
- Is it right for the US to leave the Paris Climate Agreement?
- Should athletes who fail a drug test receive a lifetime ban from the sport?
- Should college athletes receive a salary?
- Should the NFL do more to prevent concussions in players?
- Do PE classes help students stay in shape?
- Should horse racing be banned?
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Should children younger than 18 be allowed to play tackle football?
- Are the costs of hosting an Olympic Games worth it?
- Can online schools be as effective as traditional schools?
- Do violent video games encourage players to be violent in real life?
- Should facial recognition technology be banned?
- Does excessive social media use lead to depression/anxiety?
- Has the rise of translation technology made knowing multiple languages obsolete?
- Was Steve Jobs a visionary or just a great marketer?
- Should social media be banned for children younger than a certain age?
- Which 21st-century invention has had the largest impact on society?
- Are ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft good or bad for society?
- Should Facebook have done more to protect the privacy of its users?
- Will technology end up increasing or decreasing inequality worldwide?
Tips for Writing a Strong Persuasive Essay
After you’ve chosen the perfect topic for your persuasive essay, your work isn’t over. Follow the three tips below to create a top-notch essay.
Do Your Research
Your argument will fall apart if you don’t fully understand the issue you’re discussing or you overlook an important piece of it. Readers won’t be convinced by someone who doesn’t know the subject, and you likely won’t persuade any of them to begin supporting your viewpoint. Before you begin writing a single word of your essay, research your topic thoroughly. Study different sources, learn about the different sides of the argument, ask anyone who’s an expert on the topic what their opinion is, etc. You might be tempted to start writing right away, but by doing your research, you’ll make the writing process much easier when the time comes.
Make Your Thesis Perfect
Your thesis is the most important sentence in your persuasive essay. Just by reading that single sentence, your audience should know exactly what topic you’ll be discussing and where you stand on the issue. You want your thesis to be crystal clear and to accurately set up the rest of your essay. Asking classmates or your teacher to look it over before you begin writing the rest of your essay can be a big help if you’re not entirely confident in your thesis.
Consider the Other Side
You’ll spend most of your essay focusing on your side of the argument since that’s what you want readers to come away believing. However, don’t think that means you can ignore other sides of the issue. In your essay, be sure to discuss the other side’s argument, as well as why you believe this view is weak or untrue. Researching all the different viewpoints and including them in your essay will increase the quality of your writing by making your essay more complete and nuanced.
Summary: Persuasive Essay Ideas
Good persuasive essay topics can be difficult to come up with, but in this guide we’ve created a list of 113 excellent essay topics for you to browse. The best persuasive essay ideas will be those that you are interested in, have enough evidence to support your argument, and aren’t too complicated to be summarized in an essay.
After you’ve chosen your essay topic, keep these three tips in mind when you begin writing:
- Do your research
- Make your thesis perfect
- Consider the other side
Need ideas for a research paper topic as well? Our guide to research paper topics has over 100 topics in ten categories so you can be sure to find the perfect topic for you.
Thinking about taking an AP English class? Read our guide on AP English classes to learn whether you should take AP English Language or AP English Literature (or both!)
Deciding between the SAT or ACT? Find out for sure which you will do the best on . Also read a detailed comparison between the two tests .
Need more help with this topic? Check out Tutorbase!
Our vetted tutor database includes a range of experienced educators who can help you polish an essay for English or explain how derivatives work for Calculus. You can use dozens of filters and search criteria to find the perfect person for your needs.
Christine graduated from Michigan State University with degrees in Environmental Biology and Geography and received her Master's from Duke University. In high school she scored in the 99th percentile on the SAT and was named a National Merit Finalist. She has taught English and biology in several countries.
Student and Parent Forum
Our new student and parent forum, at ExpertHub.PrepScholar.com , allow you to interact with your peers and the PrepScholar staff. See how other students and parents are navigating high school, college, and the college admissions process. Ask questions; get answers.
Ask a Question Below
Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply!
Improve With Our Famous Guides
- For All Students
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 160+ SAT Points
How to Get a Perfect 1600, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:
Score 800 on SAT Math
Score 800 on SAT Reading
Score 800 on SAT Writing
Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:
Score 600 on SAT Math
Score 600 on SAT Reading
Score 600 on SAT Writing
Free Complete Official SAT Practice Tests
What SAT Target Score Should You Be Aiming For?
15 Strategies to Improve Your SAT Essay
The 5 Strategies You Must Be Using to Improve 4+ ACT Points
How to Get a Perfect 36 ACT, by a Perfect Scorer
Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section:
36 on ACT English
36 on ACT Math
36 on ACT Reading
36 on ACT Science
Series: How to Get to 24 on Each ACT Section:
24 on ACT English
24 on ACT Math
24 on ACT Reading
24 on ACT Science
What ACT target score should you be aiming for?
ACT Vocabulary You Must Know
ACT Writing: 15 Tips to Raise Your Essay Score
How to Get Into Harvard and the Ivy League
How to Get a Perfect 4.0 GPA
How to Write an Amazing College Essay
What Exactly Are Colleges Looking For?
Is the ACT easier than the SAT? A Comprehensive Guide
Should you retake your SAT or ACT?
When should you take the SAT or ACT?
Get the latest articles and test prep tips!
Looking for Graduate School Test Prep?
Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here:
GRE Online Prep Blog
GMAT Online Prep Blog
TOEFL Online Prep Blog
Holly R. "I am absolutely overjoyed and cannot thank you enough for helping me!”
- Graphic Designers
- Editing Services
- Academic Editing Services
- Admissions Editing Services
- Admissions Essay Editing Services
- AI Content Editing Services
- APA Style Editing Services
- Application Essay Editing Services
- Book Editing Services
- Business Editing Services
- Capstone Paper Editing Services
- Children's Book Editing Services
- College Application Editing Services
- College Essay Editing Services
- Copy Editing Services
- Developmental Editing Services
- Dissertation Editing Services
- eBook Editing Services
- English Editing Services
- Horror Story Editing Services
- Legal Editing Services
- Line Editing Services
- Manuscript Editing Services
- MLA Style Editing Services
- Novel Editing Services
- Paper Editing Services
- Personal Statement Editing Services
- Research Paper Editing Services
- Résumé Editing Services
- Scientific Editing Services
- Short Story Editing Services
- Statement of Purpose Editing Services
- Substantive Editing Services
- Thesis Editing Services
- Proofreading Services
- Admissions Essay Proofreading Services
- Children's Book Proofreading Services
- Legal Proofreading Services
- Novel Proofreading Services
- Personal Statement Proofreading Services
- Research Proposal Proofreading Services
- Statement of Purpose Proofreading Services
- Translation Services
- Graphic Design Services
- Dungeons & Dragons Design Services
- Sticker Design Services
- Writing Services
Please enter the email address you used for your account. Your sign in information will be sent to your email address after it has been verified.
75 Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas
The persuasive essay is one type of writing that you will likely come across in your academic career. A persuasive essay, if you're unfamiliar, is one in which you have to make an argument. You need to choose a side and prove why you're correct by using hard evidence and convincing language. The idea is that you want to convince the reader that your argument is the right one, so you'll definitely want to pick a topic that you're passionate about and something that you'll get excited about researching and writing. This exercise is designed so that you can clearly articulate your opinion and understand why it's important to have evidence to back up your claim.
Your teacher or instructor will probably have specific guidelines on what your essay should entail, but you might have a little bit of free reign on what kinds of topics you can explore and argue about in your essay. With so many things to argue about and for, it might be a little overwhelming to come up with a topic on your own. When you feel like you're stuck on brainstorming ideas, take a look at the following list of 75 persuasive essay topics. You may find something you can use, or something you can adapt for the specific guidelines of your paper. Happy writing!
Educational persuasive essay topics
There are so many things that can be discussed when it comes to education. In our country (and globally), there are many different opinions on how education should be handled and what tactics teachers or academic administrators should use. Here are a few topics on education (which could be expanded or changed to fit your teacher's guidelines) that might be of interest to you.
- Should soda be offered in school cafeterias?
- Should schools teach abstinence-only education?
- Why should schools teach financial literacy?
- Do all students need to go to college?
- Should students take a gap year after high school?
- Do all students need to learn a foreign language?
- Is online or homeschool an effective way to learn?
- Should standardized tests determine whether or not you go on to another grade level?
- Should all students be required to participate in the arts?
- Should a college education be free?
- Should high school journalists be protected under the First Amendment?
- Some universities just have pass/fail grades instead of letter grades. How do you feel about this?
- Should teachers/professors be unbiased in the classroom?
- Should you still learn cursive in elementary school? What are the disadvantages/ advantages?
- Many college campuses have speakers come in occasionally. These speakers can range in political opinion and some can be controversial. Should you let speakers come to schools that have controversial rhetoric or ideas to uphold free speech?
Political persuasive essay topics
They say that you should never talk about politics or religion because it's not polite. But in a persuasive essay, that rule is completely extinguished. Politics and religion are hotbed subjects for a reason—because so many people have radically different ideas of how a society and a country should operate. What side of these political persuasive topics are you on? Take a stab at one of these and the paper will likely fly out onto the keyboard.
- Should protesters be allowed to block traffic? Do they pose a threat to public safety?
- Why should you vote?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- What is your opinion on protecting religious liberties?
- What is your opinion on separating church and state?
- Why has the country become so divided politically over the past few years? Can it be fixed?
- Many industries (like coal and manufacturing) are tough to find a job in and many Americans are out of work. How should we solve this problem?
- Should citizens under 18 be able to vote?
- Should a National Voter ID law be passed to avoid voter fraud?
- What does the phrase "fake news" mean?
- Local newspapers are dwindling. What should be done, if anything, about this problem?
- Should local municipalities do more to combat global warming? If so, how?
- How should we reduce the threat of terrorism in the United States?
- Females have traditionally lower participation in politics. Why do you think that is?
- Some people say that the top 1% of earners don't pay enough taxes. How do you feel about this?
- Will a huge wall on the southern border with Mexico solve the United States' immigration problem?
- How should we solve the United States' immigration problem?
- The voter turnout for the 2016 presidential election was less than 60%, which is much lower than in other democratic societies. Why do you think this is and what can be done about it (or should anything be done about it)?
- Millennials are graduating college with a lot of student loan debt. What should be done to avoid a debt crisis?
- Many say that minimum wage jobs are low skill and the workers in them shouldn't be compensated more for their work, but others claim that a minimum wage job isn't enough money to live off of. Which side do you land on?
- What do you think of celebrities who are vocal about environmental issues but who frequently fly on private, and not commercial, jets?
Crime and legal persuasive essay topics
Crime in any society is an unfortunate inevitability. Why does crime happen and what should be done about it? These are just a few of the things to explore in these crime/legal persuasive essay topics.
- What should we do about a city with a high crime rate like Chicago?
- Should guns be allowed on college campuses?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- Do we have a right to privacy?
- Trends have shown that many recent terrorists have been convicted or accused of domestic violence. What should be done and how do you feel about this?
- Should we have the death penalty? If so, when should it be used?
- Many prisoners are incarcerated for minor drug charges (such as possession of drugs or drug paraphernalia). Should we try to rehabilitate these prisoners or should they serve their full sentences?
- Colorado has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes. What is your opinion of this?
- Do you think marijuana is a gateway drug which leads some users to harder drugs?
- Can criminals be rehabilitated?
- Many prisoners who enter the system are likely to have a high recurrence of criminal activity. What can be done to solve this?
- Many people are starting to use drones for recreational activity. Should there be restrictions on where and how you can use your personal drone?
- Self-driving cars are expected to become increasingly used on city roads. If a self-driving car gets into an accident, whose fault is it? The engineer's?
Health persuasive essay topics
Health is something that we all have to worry about. Whether it's our own health or the health of a loved one, there are many things to think about and research on. What's your opinion on the healthcare system in our country? Should we treat drug addiction like a disease? How should we handle end-of-life care? Try out one of these essay topics to research and gain insight on some of the biggest challenges and questions that our society faces when it comes to health.
- Opioid addiction is at an all-time high in states like Ohio. What should we do to combat this?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- How do you feel about paternity leave?
- Should women get guaranteed maternity leave?
- The state of California requires that you display nutrition facts about menu items in restaurants. Should all states do this?
- Should fast food be "sin taxed" like cigarettes are?
- There is an effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Should we do this or not? If we should, what improvements can be made to a replacement act?
- Many soldiers are coming back from warfare with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. What should we do to help them?
- Many Americans are overweight. What has caused this health crisis and what can be done about it?
- Should vitamins and supplements be more tightly regulated?
- Should health insurance companies provide more financial incentives for subscribers to work out and eat more healthfully?
Women's and gender persuasive essay topics
Are there inherent differences between men and women or is that just a societal myth? Women have gained a lot more rights over the last 100 years in America, but some say they still have a long way to go before they achieve equal rights. How do you feel about this and other women's and gender issues? Explore the following fascinating topics.
- Women have what is known as the "second shift" (meaning that as soon as they get home from work they have additional responsibilities that require their attention immediately). What do you think about this concept and should anything be done about it?
- There are many women's rights and minority rights advocates. Should there be men's rights advocacy groups? What about Caucasian advocacy groups?
- Some people say that gender is a socially constructed norm. What do you think?
- Women who participate in body building competitions are trying to build the "ideal" figure, which some claim is an outdated, sexist idea. But some argue that building muscles is considered a sport and a traditionally "masculine" idea. Which side do you agree with?
- Some people think that beauty pageants are outdated and anti-feminist and shouldn't be televised anymore. How do you feel?
- New wave feminism is the idea that feminism can encompass many different ideas of what it is to be a feminist. It's the idea that you can have choices (whether that's staying at home with children or trying to be a CEO). How do you feel about new wave feminism?
Miscellaneous persuasive essay topics
Of course, there are more categories of essay topics than what are listed above. Here are some additional essay topics if you haven't found one yet that captures your interest.
- Does social media improve or hurt our society?
- Is it important or frivolous to travel the world?
- Many Americans watch a lot of reality TV shows. Why do you think this is?
- With many people reading digital copies of books, are libraries necessary anymore?
- Should anything be done to curb the rise in offensive lyrics in music?
- Should pregnant women be allowed to park in handicapped parking spots?
- Recent studies have shown that pets improve the mental and the physical health of their owners. Should pet-related expenses be tax-deductible?
- What do you think about net neutrality?
- With the rise in selfies and Instagram photo filtering apps, do you think we have become a more self-obsessed society?
Top 50 Academic Blogs You Should Be Reading
Analytical vs. Descriptive Writing: Definitions and Examples
- Academic Writing Advice
- All Blog Posts
- Writing Advice
- Admissions Writing Advice
- Book Writing Advice
- Short Story Advice
- Employment Writing Advice
- Business Writing Advice
- Web Content Advice
- Article Writing Advice
- Magazine Writing Advice
- Grammar Advice
- Dialect Advice
- Editing Advice
- Freelance Advice
- Legal Writing Advice
- Poetry Advice
- Graphic Design Advice
- Logo Design Advice
- Translation Advice
- Blog Reviews
- Short Story Award Winners
- Scholarship Winners
Need an academic editor before submitting your work?
- Plagiarism checker Do The Check
- Academic editing Ask For Help
- Samples database View Samples Base
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics For College Students
07 May 2023
An essay is an attempt to communicate information, opinions, or feelings and usually presents an argument on a topic. In an academic context, an essay is an exercise for students to explore and clarify their ideas on a subject.
If you are thinking about how to write a persuasive essay , you need to know that writing an essay is a complex process. Issues such as choosing a topic and conducting thorough research are involved with the chosen topic. The paper's analysis and the arguments' design also need to support the issues presented. Therefore, an important focus will be placed on the steps to create a strong persuasive essay. Choosing an engaging and persuasive essay topic will set the rules of construction and its final form.
Stuck with finding the right title?
Get plenty of fresh and catchy topic ideas and pick the perfect one with PapersOwl Title Generator.
How To Choose An Interesting Topic For a Persuasive Essay
Hiring a writer's professional persuasive essay writing service can be an option when you are facing some problems in creating an essay. There are professionals available online, from people with skills in this area. This is an important option if you have to make a speech about a topic and a written presentation.
Need help with writing a persuasive essay?
Get your paper written by a professional writer
Essential Components of a Persuasive Essay
To be successful, a persuasive essay must contain several essential components:
- Clear thesis statement: A compelling thesis statement, that clearly expresses the writer's opinion on the subject, is essential. This statement also serves as a guide for the rest of the essay, ensuring every point made is relevant to the overall argument.
- Strong evidence: Solid evidence is essential for a persuasive essay. Building credibility and trust is paramount for any successful argument or attempt at persuasion. Establishing one's authority on the topic can be done by highlighting their expertise, personal experience, or standing within a community. This will make readers more likely to believe the opinions and convictions being expressed, making the message even more powerful.
- Counterarguments: Addressing counterarguments is an important part of a persuasive essay. The writer should acknowledge and respond to potential objections to their argument. This shows that the writer has considered opposing views and strengthens their argument.
- Appeals to emotion: Emotional appeals are often used in persuading readers, as they help establish a connection between the writer and the reader. This can be done through personal stories, examples, and descriptive language that creates empathy or a sense of outrage. Pathos is an emotional appeal that helps create this link and make the narrative more powerful. An impacting emotional connection to the story can leave an unforgettable impression on readers and ensure the message resonates with them.
- Call to action: It encourages the reader to take a specific action or change their behavior.
Is writing essays your hobby?
Participate in our "Independence Day of the United States" essay writing competition and get a 12-month Quizlet subscription.
- Deadline: July 24, 2023
- Topic: Declaration of Independence
- Language: English
- Length: 1000-5000 words
- Font size: 11 or 12
What You Should Know When Writing A Persuasive Essay
The first step in making an essay is to find a relevant topic to make the task more engaging and motivate yourself to help write a more convincing essay. At this stage, narrowing down the topic by adopting a particular position toward a subject or sub-topic is also necessary.
If you have problems establishing a position on the subject you want to address, brainstorm with others or work individually and write down the ideas that go through your mind, no matter how irrelevant or strange they may seem. At the next stage, connect ideas and group them into sub-topics, developing and exploring them in detail. And if you find yourself at a dead end, then you can buy an essay online today and get a ready-made result in the time frame you need.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Education Impact on Psychological Development
- Is Attending College Still Worth It?
- The Importance of Early Childhood Education
- The Power of Arts Education
- The Benefits of Bilingual Education
- Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Promoting Critical Thinking in Education
- Reducing Standardized Testing
- Financial Education for Life Skills
- Advocating for the Importance of Physical Education
Persuasive Essay Topics on Society
- Are Immigrants Good for the Americans?
- The State of Gun Violence in the US
- Promoting Kindness and Empathy in Society
- Encouraging Volunteerism and Community Engagement
- Advancing Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Combating Climate Change
- Embracing Diversity and Inclusion in Society
- Advocating for Animal Rights and Ethical Treatment
- Ensuring Affordable Housing for All
- Creating a Safe Digital Society
Persuasive Essay Topics on History
- Increase Of Child Labor
- Remembering and Learning from the Lessons of World War II
- Preserving Historical Sites for Future Generations
- Reexamining Colonialism's Impact on Indigenous Cultures
- Recognizing the Contributions of Women in History
- Exploring Marginalized Perspectives
- Challenging Historical Narratives
- Preserving Cultural Heritage
- Promoting Historical Literacy for a Better Understanding of the Present
- Analyzing its Ongoing Impact on Global Societies
Persuasive Essay Topics on Government
- Thurgood Marshall A True Leader
- Was President Andrew Jackson a Supervillain
- Public Policy for Its Nationals
- Racism is Wrong Which Should Be Stopped
- Promoting Civic Engagement and Voter Participation
- Balancing National Security and Civil Liberties
- Addressing the Influence of Money in Politics
- Strategies to Ensure Clean and Transparent Governance
- Upholding Equal Treatment and Justice for All Citizens
- The Importance of Government Investment in Education and Healthcare
Persuasive Essay Topics on Politics
- Why Trump Cannot Make America Great Again
- Why The United States Should Not Construct A Wall
- Border Wall Critical for Reducing Crime
- Encouraging Active Engagement in Democratic Processes
- Ensuring Ethical Standards in Politics
- Fostering Dialogue and Collaboration Across Partisan Lines
- Empowering the Next Generation of Leaders
- Advocating for Accessible and Fair Elections
- Defending the Integrity of Information and Public Discourse
- Building Alliances for Global Problem-solving
10 Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
If you are looking for funny and interesting persuasive topics, you should consider these topics for a persuasive essay:
- Blondes are best in science
- Humor can improve your work results.
- Men cheat more than women.
- Drinking wine every day can make you healthier.
- Homework should be forbidden.
- Why is it important to unfriend your parents on Facebook?
- Moms can be excellent football players.
- Debatable essays should be made with important speakers.
- “Family Guy” can be a life model for children.
- Men love pink more than women.
20 Good Persuasive Essay Topics For College Students
When you need to write a good academic essay and to impress your audience, you can check these solutions for your persuasive essay:
- Work hard in the workplace to feel better.
- Choose your clothes for your dream job.
- Why do people feel the importance of always being right?
- Do embarrassing situations make people change their life?
- People who experience devastating situations appreciate their life more.
- Why should people try new things?
- If you want something strong, how do you succeed?
- Self-confidence makes you successful.
- Hobbies improve your personal skills.
- Is music an efficient stress reliever in reducing depression?
- The possibility of facing a war.
- Homework writing assignments should be replaced with oral presentations.
- Collecting cars or dolls is the most boring hobby in the world.
- Students of any age should keep their phones with them.
- School cafeterias should implement more rigorous health policies.
- Colleges should provide their students with free food.
- Can money make your life better?
- Should students study each day?
- Why do children love pets?
- What is more important - recycling or donating?
In the next section, you will find topics on persuasive essays that can be amazing ideas for persuasive speech and essays for both high and middle school.
20 Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
Great persuasive essay topics for high school could be:
- The death penalty is an effective way to scare off criminals.
- Things the older generation can learn from the modern-day youth.
- Higher taxes for rich people will favor financial balance.
- People should be discouraged from keeping rare and exotic animals as pets.
- Why it is best to always remain honest in life situations.
- The positive role hobbies can play in people’s careers.
- Kindness is one of the most important human qualities.
- Joining the army should be a decision that young people should make on their own.
- Embarrassing situations can help make people more confident.
- Human needs should be placed before the needs of wild animals.
- Treating animal habitats with respect and care is important.
- Things man must learn to ensure that rare species are kept from extinction.
- It is best for every family to have a survival plan after a natural disaster.
- Providing free internet access is great for everyone.
- Parenting lessons should be made compulsory for pregnant couples.
- Life is richer and better now than it was 50 years before.
- Everyone must recycle.
- Man’s activities are the essential causes of climate change.
- The use of Grades should be discouraged.
- Adults should carry electroshock weapons to defend themselves.
Finding the perfect persuasive essay topic is not always easy. That's why many students struggle with this task, but luckily there is a paper writing service for nursing that can help with choosing the right one for you. Whether you are trying to persuade people to buy a certain product, participate in a certain activity, or even change their opinion about a certain issue, selecting an interesting and relevant topic is of utmost importance.
20 Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
Some suitable topics for a persuasive essay in middle school include:
- The ability to fly is the most amazing superpower.
- Some scientific discoveries should not be shared with others.
- The most boring job in the world.
- Children and chores.
- Kids should be paid for doing chores.
- Children should be given larger allowances.
- The fascinating places for summer vacation.
- Why do I study during the summer?
- The role of school newspaper & radio in the life of students.
- Importance of social media in the lives of students.
- A gym class is more important than a music class.
- School time should be made flexible.
- The world is ours to change.
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- Schools need more holidays.
- Schools should implement bullying awareness programs
- Bullies should be kicked out of school.
- How the internet has changed our lives.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- The worst song in the world.
20 Best Persuasive Essay Topics 2023
For college, try these trendy persuasive essay topics in 2023.
- Every American should learn to speak a second language from primary school.
- Every immigrant should learn to speak fluent English.
- High school campuses should be safeguarded by soldiers.
- The legal drinking age should be 18, as it is in other countries.
- Kids under 12 shouldn't have a Facebook account.
- Standardized examinations should be removed.
- Every family should create a survival plan.
- Parents should discuss drugs with their children from primary school age.
- Racial offenses should be banned.
- Gun possession should be firmly controlled.
- Yearly driving examinations should be required for novice drivers.
- All Americans have a constitutional right to health care.
- Pregnant couples should receive free training for parenting.
- Children need better sex education.
- School examinations are not realistic.
- Violent video games can trigger people to act aggressively in real life.
- Nuclear power should be prohibited.
- Climate change should be the most important political concern.
- Medical marijuana should be universally legal.
- People should go to prison if they beat or injure their pets.
With so many persuasive essay topics to choose from, it takes time to decide which one to write about. If you need extra help researching or writing your paper, you can always contact a custom essay writing service for assistance. These services specialize in helping students express their arguments and ideas convincingly and coherently.
Getting good grades in college is important as it is an investment in your future and a great opportunity for your future career. If you need to submit a persuasive essay and don’t feel confident, you can use our professional writing service. We can help you with papers on any subject you need, like psychology, sociology, politics, economics, management, human resources, art, history, literature, etc. Our writers provide a completely unique and high-quality assignment. If you are ready to get the best grade, buy a persuasive essay on PapersOwl.com. We guarantee you timely delivery and satisfaction with a perfect result.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for your feedback.
Dr. Karlyna PhD
I am a proficient writer from the United States with over five years of experience in academic writing. I comfortably complete given assignments within stipulated deadlines and at the same time deliver high-quality work, which follows the guidelines provided.
Readers also enjoyed
Legal essay topics for student.
Essay Writing Guides 20 likes
Science Essay Topics for Students
Essay Writing Guides 3 likes
Explanatory Essay Topics for Students
Essay Writing Guides 8 likes
WHY WAIT? PLACE AN ORDER RIGHT NOW!
Simply fill out the form, click the button, and have no worries!
Summer Deal! Top-rated Essay Writers Online! Get 50% OFF On Your First Essay Order!
Your 50% Off + Real Help Await!
Skip the Bots, Talk to Us
Have us text you Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
Have us call you Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
Chat with support Estimated wait time: about 3 minutes
Email us The current response time is 6 hours
Have us text you
Estimated wait time: about 2 minutes
We will contact you shortly!
Have us call you
Estimated wait time: about 5 minutes
The current response time is 6 hours
Please reach out to us at:
Persuasive Essay Writing
Persuasive Essay Topics
Easy and Unique Persuasive Essay Topics with Tips
15 min read
Published on: Jan 4, 2023
Last updated on: Sep 8, 2023
People also read
How to Write a Persuasive Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide
The Basics of Crafting an Outstanding Persuasive Essay Outline
Ace Your Next Essay With These Persuasive Essay Examples!
Persuasive Essay About Gun Control - Best Examples for Students
Top Examples of Persuasive Essay about Covid-19
Learn How To Write An Impressive Persuasive Essay About Business
Learn How to Craft a Compelling Persuasive Essay About Abortion With Examples!
Make Your Point: Tips and Examples for Writing a Persuasive Essay About Online Education
Learn How To Craft a Powerful Persuasive Essay About Bullying
Craft an Engaging Persuasive Essay About Smoking: Examples & Tips
Learn How to Write a Persuasive Essay About Social Media With Top Examples
Craft an Effective Argument: Examples of Persuasive Essay About Death Penalty
Share this article
You're staring at a blank screen, trying to come up with a topic for your persuasive essay. You know you need to pick something interesting, but you're unsure where to start.
It's hard to get motivated when it feels like everything has already been said on the topic you're considering. You are wondering how can you make your essay stand out.
The good news is that CollegeEssay.org is here to help.
We have compiled a list of potential persuasive essay topics to get your creative juices flowing. Whether you are looking for something controversial, humorous, or informative – we have it all.
Take a look at our list of persuasive essay topics below to get started.
On This Page On This Page
Unique Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Writing a persuasive essay can be quite an interesting task for students. It allows them to showcase their research and analytic skills and present their thoughts orderly.
Choosing the right topic is key to making the writing process more enjoyable.
Here are some great ideas that you can use for your essay:
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- Should students be required to wear uniforms in school?
- What are the benefits of a longer school day?
- How can technology help improve student engagement and learning?
- Is it important for all schools to have equal access to resources?
- Should physical education be mandatory in all schools?
- How can schools better prepare students for entering the job market?
- Should a studentâs grade be based solely on test performance?
- Is it important to limit screen time, or should there not be restrictions?
- Should recess time be increased or decreased in school?
- Is it beneficial for students to take part in after-school activities?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Should school lunch prices be lowered to make it more accessible for all students?
- Is there an argument for allowing cell phone usage in the classroom?
- Should schools offer a wider variety of electives?
- Is there a persuasive case for requiring physical education classes in elementary and middle schools?
- Should students be allowed to opt-out of standardized testing?
- Is the current homework load for elementary and middle school students too much?
- Should school provide free breakfast and lunch to all students, regardless of financial status?
- Should sixth-grade classes have more field trips and outdoor activities?
- Should students have access to more technology in the classroom?
- Is there an argument for making recess mandatory for all grade levels?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Should schools have a dress code?
- Should students be required to do community service projects to graduate?
- Is it necessary for all student-athletes to take mandatory drug tests?
- Are the current laws on gun control sufficient enough?
- Should same-sex marriage be legal?
- Should teenage drivers be allowed to have passengers in their cars?
- Is standardized testing an effective measure of student success?
- Should homework be abolished in schools?
- Should young children be allowed to use mobile phones or tablets at school?
- Are video games too violent for young children?
Tough Essay Due? Hire a Writer!
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should physical education classes be mandatory in high school?
- Is a strict dress code necessary for student success?
- Are standardized tests an effective measure of student achievement?
- Does social media have a positive or negative impact on teenagers?
- Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
- Should cell phones be prohibited in the classroom?
- Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald's or Taco Bell?
- Is competitive sports necessary for a well-rounded education?
- Are after-school activities essential to a studentâs development?
- Should students be allowed to choose their classes?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Should universities require all students to take at least one course in diversity studies?
- Should universities implement free speech zones on campuses?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performance?
- Is it ethical for employers to ask about an applicantâs criminal history during the hiring process?
- Should college students be required to take a foreign language course?
- Should the US government provide free tuition for all qualifying students?
- Is it ethical to use animals in scientific research?
- Are standardized tests an adequate measure of academic aptitude and ability?
- Should paper textbooks be replaced with e-books?
- Should all students be required to learn coding and computer science in school?
Persuasive Essay Topics for University
- Should universities offer free tuition to all students?
- Are special scholarships beneficial for university students?
- Should college athletes be paid for their services?
- Is it important for universities to provide mental health resources to their students?
- How can universities help prevent cheating and plagiarism among students?
- Should universities be required to provide online courses?
- Are university degree requirements outdated and irrelevant?
- Is it necessary for university students to take physical education classes?
- Does the presence of social media in academia positively or negatively impact learning?
- Should universities prioritize research over teaching?
Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics from Different Fields
When choosing essay topics, there is no shortage of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields available.
Here are some examples of interesting persuasive essay topics from different fields:
Arts & Culture
- Should museums be more inclusive of diverse cultures?
- Should the government fund public art programs?
- Are comic books an important form of literature?
- Does graffiti have any value as an art form?
- Is the traditional concept of beauty outdated in todayâs society?
- Is it important for the public to have access to art galleries and museums?
- Do modern movies have any real artistic value?
- Are video games a form of art?
- Should government funding be given to the performing arts?
- Does the music industry put too much emphasis on image rather than talent?
- Should governments guarantee a minimum wage?
- Should the government subsidize green energy projects?
- Is it necessary to introduce higher taxes on wealthy people?
- Are free trade agreements beneficial or detrimental to developing countries?
- Can economic growth be sustained without harming the environment?
- Is immigration beneficial or detrimental to a countryâs economic growth?
- Should governments limit the size of banks and financial institutions?
- Is it necessary for countries to regulate their currency markets?
- Should governments invest in renewable energy sources instead of fossil fuels?
- Should high officials pay more taxes?
- Should students be required to complete a certain number of community service hours to graduate?
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for all public schools?
- Are textbooks becoming obsolete due to technological advances?
- Should the education system focus more on practical subjects such as coding and programming?
- Is the current grading system in public schools fair and effective?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to traditional schooling?
- Should standardized testing be abolished from the education system?
- Should teachers receive bonuses for good performance in the classroom?
- Are students more likely to succeed if they attend a private school or university?
- Should all students have access to free college tuition?
- Is using animals in medical research ethical?
- Should parents be allowed to choose their childâs gender?
- Should companies be held responsible for the pollution they create?
- Are businesses obligated to act ethically when conducting business abroad?
- Is it ethical to censor content on the internet?
- Should the government enforce stricter regulations on genetically modified food?
- Is it ethical to use artificial intelligence in decision-making processes?
- Should corporations be allowed to have their own private security forces?
- Are restrictions on freedom of speech necessary for public safety?
- Do companies have an ethical responsibility to pay fair wages?
Government and Politics
- Should the government regulate social media?
- Should term limits be placed on members of Congress?
- Are taxes too high in the United States?
- Should voting be mandatory for all citizens?
- Is the Electoral College still relevant today?
- Does the death penalty serve as a deterrent to crime?
- Should the US switch to a single-payer health care system?
- Should there be limits on campaign spending?
- Should the United States adopt a flat tax system?
- Is it time to repeal the Second Amendment?
- Is legalizing marijuana an ethical practice?
- Should parents be allowed to choose the gender of their child?
- Is it ethical to test medicines on animals?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of genetic engineering?
- Are there any health risks associated with using digital screens too often?
- Should physical education be mandatory in every school?
- Is the healthcare system in your country adequate for your needs?
- Are there any benefits to eating organic food?
- How does mental health affect physical health?
- Should vaccinations be mandatory for all children?
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Were the American Colonists justified in rebelling against Great Britain?
- Did Christopher Columbusâ discoveries benefit or harm indigenous populations?
- What effect did Genghis Khan have on world history?
- Did World War I significantly change the course of history?
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Did Napoleon Bonaparteâs rule bring about positive or negative changes for France and Europe?
- Should the United States annexed the Philippines in 1898?
- How did the Great Depression shape world history?
- Is there any validity to the theory of a âclash of civilizationsâ?
- Should artificial intelligence be regulated?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Is the internet making us less social?
- Should research into cloning be banned?
- Are there moral issues related to genetic engineering?
- Should governments fund space exploration programs?
- Are smart home devices making us more vulnerable to cyberattacks?
- Should the government regulate social media use?
- Are robots taking away jobs from humans?
- Should nuclear energy be used as an alternative to fossil fuels?
- Should professional athletes be drug tested?
- Is there a gender gap in sports?
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Does skill or luck decide the outcome of sports competitions?
- Are sporting events becoming too commercialized?
- Is it necessary to increase public funding for sporting events?
- Is the use of performance-enhancing drugs in sports cheating or fair?
- Should college students be able to choose their own sports teams?
- Do professional sports hurt young people?
- Should parents allow children to play violent video games?
- Should schools replace textbooks with tablets?
- Are algorithms replacing human decision-making in the workplace?
- Is it time to regulate the use of facial recognition technology?
- Can artificial intelligence and robots be used to improve healthcare outcomes?
- Should autonomous vehicles be allowed on public roads?
- Should Internet access be a basic human right?
- Should social media platforms do more to protect user privacy?
- Is blockchain technology the future of banking and finance?
- Are virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa invading privacy?
- Can we trust that autonomous weapons system will make ethical decisions in war?
Here are a few social media persuasive essay topics. Take a look at them.
- Is social media a positive or negative influence on society?
- Should employers be able to access an employee's social media accounts?
- Should people be allowed to post anonymously online?
- How can parents protect their children from the risks of using social media?
- Does the spread of fake news on social media hurt society?
- Should governments regulate online speech on social media?
- Should employers be allowed to conduct background checks using social media?
- Is the personal data of individuals safe from exploitation by corporate interests on social media platforms?
- Are people spending too much time on their digital devices?
- Is the use of social media by young people making them more isolated?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the death penalty be reinstated in all states?
- Should gun control laws be stricter?
- Is global warming a real threat?
- Are vaccinations safe for children?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Should marijuana be made legal?
- Does school uniform violate personal freedom?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in the market?
- Should sex education in school be mandatory?
- Should animal testing be banned?
Fun Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should cats be allowed to go to school?
- Should people have a minimum number of friends before they can graduate?
- Is it okay to laugh at your own jokes?
- Should parents be required to take parenting classes?
- Are video games the best way to spend free time?
- Should kids be allowed to wear pajamas in public places?
- Should students have to pass a test before they can drive a car?
- Are cell phones essential for teenagers or should they be limited?
- Should everyone learn how to cook their meals?
- Would it be better if all schools had the same uniform?
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the electoral college be abolished?
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Should the internet have censorship?
- Are genetically modified foods safe for human consumption?
- Is social media good or bad for society?
- Should the drinking age be lowered or raised?
- Should school attendance be mandatory for students?
- Are video games too violent and negatively influencing children?
- Should religious education be banned from public schools?
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Choosing a writing topic for your persuasive essay writing is essential.
The right topic will let you draft an exceptional and well-written essay. Selecting a persuasive essay topic might sound easy, but it can be challenging.
You cannot randomly start writing a persuasive essay about any topic and expect your essay to be brilliant.
To select the best topic for your essay, take these essential steps:
1. Know your Interests - You can only draft an effective essay if you are writing about something that interests you. When you write something you are passionate about, the enthusiasm helps to persuade the readers.
2. Narrow Down Ideas - Make a rough list of the topic of your interest. Then, analyze all the issues and identify topics you think you can present well.
3. Pick your Stance - Now that you know the information is sufficient on a topic, decide your stance. Pick a side to support with evidence and logic.
4. Controversy is the Best Policy - People love to read about controversial stuff. It is more likely that the readers will go through the entire essay to ease their curiosity.
After passing your ideas through these filters, you will have a strong and arguable topic to draft an essay on.
Tips for Writing a Compelling Persuasive Essay
Whether you are in school, college, or university, crafting an effective persuasive essay can be difficult.
Fortunately, with a few tips and tricks, you can create a compelling, persuasive essay that will make your readers take notice.
Here are six tips to help you write a compelling, persuasive essay:
1. Choose Your Topic Carefully
You need to select a relevant and interesting topic for your audience. Make sure you feel passionate about it and can present it logically and convincingly.
2. Do Extensive Research
Before beginning your essay, research your topic as much as possible. So you can present both sides of the argument in an informed, balanced way.
3. Identify Your Audience
Before writing your persuasive essay, consider who will be reading it and their interests.
This will help you write in a language that resonates with them and ensure that your arguments suit their understanding.
4. Use Logical Arguments
It is important to provide logical and compelling arguments to be persuasive. Make sure you use facts, statistics, and other evidence to make your points more convincing.
5. Structure Your Essay Well
An effective persuasive essay should be well-organized. Divide it into an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Pay attention to the structure of your essay, as it can help you make your points more effectively.
Learn how to make a perfect persuasive essay outline with the help of our blog.
6. Make It Engaging
An engaging, persuasive essay will capture your audienceâs attention from beginning to end.
Use various techniques to make your essay interesting and engaging, such as using examples, analogies, and persuasive language.
We hope you are inspired by our comprehensive list of topics. Pick up a topic that entices you and start working on it. By following these amazing tips and tricks, you can surely compose an essay that will wow your professor.
Still not sure how to draft a perfect essay? Well, leave it to us. Our essay writing service helps you craft your argument in the most effective way possible to get the desired results.
Don't let yourself get overwhelmed with the process! Trust our professional persuasive essay writer.
Let CollegeEssay.orgâs persuasive essay writing service guide you on your journey and take your writing to the next level.
Take the stress out of writing persuasive essays and get the results you need with our expert essay writer AI .
Frequently Asked Questions
How can i choose a good persuasive essay topic.
When selecting a persuasive essay topic, consider an issue that is interesting to you and has two or more opposing viewpoints. Research various resources about the topic to gain a better perspective
What strategies can I use for writing a persuasive essay?
When writing a persuasive essay, establish facts from reliable sources to support your argument. Be concise but thorough, and use persuasive language to strengthen your argument.
How can I make my persuasive essay stand out?
To make your persuasive essay stand out, use vivid language and strong, specific evidence to support each point. Make sure all sources are current and relevant to the argument being made. With these elements, your persuasive essay will stand out from the rest!
Cathy A. (Literature, Marketing)
For more than five years now, Cathy has been one of our most hardworking authors on the platform. With a Masters degree in mass communication, she knows the ins and outs of professional writing. Clients often leave her glowing reviews for being an amazing writer who takes her work very seriously.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That’s our Job!
Join our mailing list for discount & offers
- Cookies Policy
- Refunds & Cancellations
- Our Guarantees
- Affiliate Program
- Referral Program
- AI Essay Writer
Disclaimer: Our website content is sometimes created using AI but is reviewed and verified by our experienced team of editors. All client orders are completed by our team of highly qualified human writers. The essays and papers provided by us are not to be used for submission but rather as learning models only.
Email Address Already Exists!
Please Enter Valid Email!
Top 257 Good Persuasive Essay Topics [Tips & Prompts]
What if your teacher assigned you to write an essay about anything you like? It would excite you at first. You’d consider endless opportunities to express yourself and show your writing skills…
…But then, you start looking for a good persuasive essay idea, and nothing seems to stand out.
We have a list of good persuasive essay topics for you! IvyPanda’s team compiled these great ideas that you can explore in detail. Use them for academic writing or public speaking—they would sound convincing either way. And don’t forget to check out our tips on composing a perfect persuasive essay.
Let’s get started and see if you like anything!
- ✋ What Is a Good Topic?
- 📌 Top-12 Topics
- 🎉 Funny Essay Topics
- 🎈 For Elementary Students
- 👩🏫 For Middle & High School
- 🎓 For College
- 🦉 For Higher English
- 🏈 Sports Topics
- 🩺 Health Topics
- 📲 Social Media Topics
- 🎹 Music Topics
- 💖 Love & Family Topics
- ✔ 60 More Topics
- 💁♀️ 6 Tips on Writing
- 📜 5 Writing Prompts
✋ What is a Good Persuasive Topic?
We can start by understanding what some good persuasive topics ideas are. A lot of people think that persuasive writing is the same thing as the argumentative one. They cannot be more wrong.
Argumentative one is a type of writing that presents arguments without trying to convince anyone. Moreover, it shows both sides of a dispute. There are numerous beautiful essay examples that demonstrate it.
Persuasive writing is a piece of academic writing, which attempts to persuade that the presented viewpoint is more legitimate than any other. The word “persuade” derives from the Latin word “persuadere,” which means “to convince.” This type of essay doesn’t only describe a situation. It takes a stand and delivers a point.
You can use a good persuasive essay topic for both writing and speech preparation. Public speaking can become a lot more engaging when you have a convincing title. Here you can find one that can serve as an exceptional speech idea.
A persuasive topic is good if:
- It serves the purpose. You should be able to develop the topic. Check if there is room for discussion and analysis. For that, make sure there are plenty of primary and secondary sources available. It’s a good idea to check it out before picking your topic.
- It’s engaging for you. Remember that it’s you who will have to write your essay. So, pick something that genuinely interests you. Make sure you will be able to write about it with ease.
- It’s relevant to your readers. Always keep in mind the people who will read your paper. Who is your target audience? Pick a topic that resonates with your audience. Choose something that matters to them.
- It’s unique. One of the best things you can do when coming up with ideas is to stay original and fresh. Of course, it’s quite challenging to find a completely unique topic. However, even if it is more or less common, attempt to find an unusual perspective on the issue.
📌 Top-12 Good Persuasive Essay Ideas
- Is the Internet safe for young kids?
- Should we abolish zoos?
- Can animal testing be ethical?
- Is euthanasia a human right?
- Do public libraries need more funding?
- Is green energy reliable?
- Can we remain anonymous online?
- Is gender a social construct?
- How can debt be relieved for college students?
- Is there a point to political debates?
- Did the 2020 pandemic change the world?
- What is better – high school or middle school?
🎉 Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
Writing about something funny and entertaining is always more pleasant. Not only it puts you in a good mood, but also it helps you to train your sense of humor and stay creative. For your audience, it is even more exciting to read something fun.
This list of funny persuasive essay topics ideas will help you to start your essay. Or it can assist with brainstorming and generating your unique funny ideas.
- Girls do not like gossiping more than boys do. It is a widespread belief, but do you think it depends on gender? Or is it a stereotype that we keep perpetuating? If you ask any man if he gossips, the answer will most probably be negative. However, it is not valid. Men gossip as well. The difference is that they don’t consider their conversations as gossiping.
- Why should people eat less junk food? There are so many good reasons why people should eat less junk food. You can start with listing health benefits, the financial aspects of it. Add data about the inability to check sanitary norms and allergy restrictions. It is a straightforward and exciting topic to write about.
- Everyone should know how to cook.
- Why do smokers have more acquaintances?
- Why parents should stop lying about Santa Claus .
- People should live together before getting married.
- The color of your hair does not affect your IQ. There is a common stereotype that your hair color can somehow determine your IQ. This stereotype has been reinforced by Hollywood movies, magazines, and even by some ordinary people. Can it be true? Find some good scientific explanation for the position you hold.
- Why is social media great for you?
- Regular exercise can help you be happy .
- Netflix can help you grow as an individual.
- Why should homework not be given to kids?
- Overprotection can make your child fail in life . Every parent should allow kids to make mistakes. Unfortunately, that is how we learn. Without this valuable experience, we cannot succeed as adults. We will not be able to make crucial decisions because we will be so afraid of failure. Parents should be able to teach their kids that failure is normal because it is a part of life.
- Physical attractiveness can help you succeed .
😊 Good Persuasive Essay Topics
When you are trying to find a persuasive essay topic, it may not work for you. The task is either too simple or way too hard. This list is arranged based on your academic level. Hopefully, it will help you to navigate and find the topic for a persuasive essay.
🎈 Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
Being able to persuade others is a vital skill. To do that, we need to learn how to express our thoughts and ideas logically and coherently. Your sentences and words should be straight to the point.
These skills should be trained even at elementary school. This list can help you to come up with the topic for the next elementary school essay.
- School uniform is a good idea . If you disagree with this statement, you can easily change it to be what you agree with. There are plenty of reasons why a school uniform is a great idea. First, it teaches kids to obey authority. They will wear uniforms for the rest of their life no matter what professional path they will use. Second of all, it helps to balance economic differences between kids. Some parents cannot afford expensive clothing, while others can.
- School breaks should be longer.
- Watching TV is good for you.
- Why there should be no homework .
- Eating vegetables is good for your health .
- Why every child should be allowed to have a pet . Having a pet lets you experience what it is to be an adult. It teaches you responsibility. If you have a pet, you can share the lessons you have learned.
- Summer and Winter are the best seasons.
- Kids should be allowed to play computer games.
- I should be able to go to bed when I want to.
- Kids should be able to vote.
- My parents should pay me for doing chores.
- Why having a piggy bank can help you in life. Financial education should start at a very early age. Kids should be able to understand the value of money and what it means to save. If you have a piggy bank, you can share what benefits it has for you.
- Students should be able to give grades to teachers.
- Should we get paid for good grades?
- Having a big family has more benefits than disadvantages.
- Cats are better than dogs.
- Students should be allowed to pick their teachers.
- Using a cell phone at school should be allowed .
- Why learning another language is good for you. Do you like traveling? Or watching movies and cartoons? Learning another language can help you to do so while using a foreign language. It also provides you with a competitive edge and an advantage in the future.
- Everyone should have a hobby.
👩🏫 Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle & High School
Middle and high school is a place where you can learn and train the essential life skills. There is learning how to count, write, and communicate with others. Besides all of this, you can learn how to be convincing and persuasive. Essay writing is a great way to do that.
So, if you can choose your essay topic, try to go for a persuasive essay topic.
- Smoking is bad for you .
- The school day should start later in the day.
- Households should be obliged to recycle .
- Books should be replaced with tablets. Books are the things of the past. Having to carry heavy books is not necessary anymore. A tablet can contain hundreds of books. It is also better for the environment and forest preservation. If you agree with this statement, choose this persuasive essay topic.
- The Internet is the best invention of the 20th century . Pretty much everyone will agree with you. A modern world would be so much more difficult without the Internet. It elevates communication to another level and provides information. Some people disagree with these statements. They think that the Internet is not the best invention of the 20th century.
- Smoking should be banned in all public spaces.
- Why city life is better than country life.
- The Internet should be free for everyone. It is a critical component of modern life. Such things as applying for taxes, looking for a job, working are impossible nowadays without access to the Internet. Even applying to university, or for scholarships to support your studies cannot be done without it. Consequently, it should be free.
- Should tattoos be illegal?
- Women should be allowed to breastfeed in public.
- Eating chocolate is healthy .
- Animal dissection is inhumane.
- Cities should have a free bike-sharing.
- Video games promote violence . Video games are sometimes connected to violent actions. Kids who play video games are more likely to engage in intense activity. Elaborate on this view or argue against it.
- Social Media is bad for your self-image.
- Who do you consider your hero, and why?
- Texting while driving should be illegal.
- Why zoos should be banned . Lots of individuals love going to zoos. However, look at it from an ethical perspective. You will see why zoos should be forbidden for a large number of reasons. In this essay, you can give your personal opinion. For example, tell your reader why keeping animals in cages is inhumane.
- Gender divided schools are bad for kids.
- The benefits of having younger siblings.
🎓 Persuasive Essay Ideas for College
Choosing a persuasive essay idea for the college level is a real challenge. We’ve already done the hardest part for you and created a list of interesting topics. See if anything looks persuasive enough for your next paper or a public talk.
- How should Americans solve the gun violence issue in the United States?
- One policy that should be implemented in the educational sector.
- Why should public universities have free tuition?
- The death penalty is an ineffective way to prosecute .
- Hunting is not an ethical hobby. Many people believe that it is not a decent hobby because it makes animals suffer. Sometimes an animal can survive the shot but later on experience a prolonged and painful death. Find arguments that support this point of view. You can think that there is nothing wrong with hunting. Then highlight that love for animals and this hobby are not two mutually exclusive concepts.
- Vegetarianism does not save animals.
- Mcdonalds should not be an official sponsor of any sporting event.
- The world should have free borders.
- Abstract art is not art.
- Online learning is best for students and teachers .
- The importance of equal representation of genders and races in the police.
- Capital punishment should be abolished .
- Churches should be required to pay taxes. This debate continues for decades. A lot of people believe that churches should be stripped of their tax-exempt charity status. One of the reasons is that the Catholic Church is the wealthiest organization in the world.
- Teachers should be paid more .
- Americans should speak more languages.
- Beauty contests are bad for teenage girls’ self-image. This type of competition degrades women to mere sexual objects. Those who are not able to participate in such contests end up being affected as well. They feel that they are not good enough. Explore some other arguments about why beauty contests are not good for teenagers.
- Standardized tests should be banned.
- Why should there be only one currency in the world?
- Pets should be allowed to join children at school.
- Why cyberbullying should become a crime .
🦉 Persuasive Essay Topics for Higher English
College students majoring in English can use one of these topics for their essays. Writing a persuasive speech or paper starts with picking the right idea.
Check out this great list of creative and unusual topics for essay writing. Our ideas can help you to deliver an outstanding result that will pleasantly surprise your readers.
- The question of authority is the focus of The Giver by Lois Lowry.
- Why abortions should be allowed.
- People should be charged for racial slurs.
- Guns should not be allowed on College Campuses .
- Elementary schools should focus on teaching how to type, not handwrite.
- Security cameras at a workplace are an invasion of privacy .
- College football should be banned. It is just too dangerous.
- Parents should never lie to their kids. In this essay, you can explain what happens to kids when their parents lie to them. Later in life, it may create a colossal distrust. You can also talk about common lies parents tell their kids such as Santa, dead pet, or swallowing chewing gum.
- Illegal immigration benefits the American economy .
- Do we live in the society predicted by Ray Bradberry in Fahrenheit 451?
- Should priests be allowed to get married?
- Does the government have a right to choose what it censors?
- How the current tax system overburdens middle-class citizens.
- Religious beliefs do not define a person.
- Being egoistic should be encouraged. Being selfish is usually seen as a negative trait. However, psychologists believe that being selfish can make you a better individual. Find arguments that support this point of view. You can claim that being selfish can help you stay healthy or even have better relationships. There are many good arguments you can make that will persuade your readers.
- Sexual desire does not define human behavior.
- Equal rights between men and women are impossible to attain. Elaborate on the topic expressing this or the opposing view. Provide both arguments and counterarguments, striving to convince your reader.
- Women are better at collaborating and executing than men.
- There is a danger in being neutral.
- Should all residents receive free health care?
🎈 Great Persuasive Essay Topics according to Theme
We organized our topics thematically as well. It could help you to search for the right one as you may have to write a persuasive essay for a specific class.
Maybe you have a passion for music, or sports, or a healthy lifestyle. Then, you can go to a theme you like the most. Select a good persuasive essay topic that works.
🏈 Persuasive Essay Topics about Sports
Who does not like sports? Okay, maybe some individuals do not enjoy it. However, most students choose not to write essays about it.
Do you know why?
Mainly because it is hard to find the topic. It is especially problematic when you want to find a good one. This list will give you some fresh persuasive essay ideas.
- Don’t generalize college athletes . There is a common belief that all college athletes are not very smart. In this essay, you should provide reasoning on why this statement is wrong.
- Cheerleading should also be regarded as a sport.
- Only women should be allowed to train female teams.
- Universities should stop spending so much money on sports programs . This essay topic is another debate in American society. A lot of people believe that spending this amount of money on sports does not make sense. We could redirect this money to academics and financial support for students in need. The best schools in the USA do not have large sports programs, explain why.
- Not every sportsperson can be a good coach.
- Every college athlete should get insurance .
- Women should be allowed to compete against men.
- An issue of homophobia in sports.
- Cheerleaders should wear different costumes because the current ones are sexist.
- Why parents should let their kids play extreme sports . Think about why parents should allow their children to participate in such activities. First, you can write about why kids want to do extreme sports. Second, you can elaborate on why parents do not want to let that. You will be surprised at what you might find.
- Fame is the main factor in getting a sports-related career.
- College athletes should get paid as much as the professional ones .
- Chess should become an Olympic sport.
- Sports help with managing depression and anxiety.
- Michael Jordan is the most successful athlete of all time .
🩺 Persuasive Health Topics
This particular section has some ideas of the persuasive essay topics about health. Each section has about five titles.
Let’s see what health topics you can use:
Medical Persuasive Essay Topics
- Everyone should have a right to euthanasia .
- The importance of talking to kids about sex .
- Healthcare should be free. First and foremost, free healthcare can save millions of lives. So, it creates a foundation for a right and just society. Some of the poorest people cannot afford to pay their medical bills. It creates even more inequality in society.
- Talking about childhood cancer is essential to fight it.
- Why marijuana should not be legalized . There is a popular belief that marijuana is not dangerous. However, some scientists disagree with this statement. In this essay, you can persuade your readers not to support the legalization of the drug. Or you can do the opposite. Convince them that it is not harmful and can be beneficial for your health.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Healthy Lifestyle
- Your eating habits affect your personality.
- Seven harmful effects of junk food .
- The vegetarian diet is the healthiest one.
- Unhealthy foods taste so good because it’s a manipulation. This topic is a funny one, but many people probably had the same type of questions. Why do unhealthy foods taste so good? Not only it pleases our taste buds, but it also triggers brain chemicals to start reacting.
- Poor nutrition and life expectancy connection.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Mental Health
- Misuse of ADHD medication among college students.
- Stigma and discrimination affect gay men’s mental health.
- Does playing music during pregnancy increase a baby’s IQ?
- Playing with Barbie dolls can later manifest in eating disorders . Girls who played with Barbie dolls are convinced that their bodies are not perfect. They feel as if they need to diet. An impossible ideal of Barbie creates a disturbance in body image. Society needs to see that playing with skinny dolls does not cause eating disorders. It increases the risks of having low self-esteem. This essay can provide a fresh look at something as innocent as playing with a doll.
- The stigma associated with mental illness has to be eliminated.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Depression
- The connection between perfectionism and anxiety.
- Teenage Depression is more common than you think . Some individuals believe that teenagers nowadays have very unrealistic expectations. They claim the media and Social Media continuously promote a message about “feeling good.” Many people do not teach their kids vital skills on how to manage their lives under pressure. Find some data that can show how regular the issue is. Prove your point with facts and opinions from trustworthy sources.
- Every school should have a mechanism to help students with mental health issues.
- Recognizing the symptoms, signs, and risk factors of OCD is important .
- The reasons why everyone should have a psychologist. There are plenty of reasons why everyone should see a therapist. An essay can discuss some of them and maybe convince people to start therapy.
📲 Social Media Persuasive Essay Topics
Social Media has a considerable impact on the world we live in. Therefore, in the past years, essay topics about it became increasingly popular.
A Social Media persuasive topic should be intriguing, controversial, and relatable.
- The negative effects of Social Media .
- What makes a successful Social Media marketing plan. Some many different tricks and tips help to make a successful social media marketing plan. However, stick to the essential ones. What you are trying to do and what you want to achieve should be the focus. In the world of marketing, it is called S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- The importance of attention getter in writing an Instagram post.
- Don’t forget to live your life, not only to document it for Social Media.
- Teenagers spend too much time on Social Media . In the modern world, almost everyone has a device. People spend a lot of time looking at the screen. Teenagers spend even more. Explain whether it is a problem or how it can be changed. What are the dangers of spending too much time on Social Media?
- A specific purpose of Social Media.
- The positive effects of Social Media.
- Social Media addiction among older people . You might be surprised, but social media addiction exists even among older people. First, talk about what is considered social media addiction. Then talk about how it can be changed. Why should it be changed?
- The reasons why Twitter is popular among celebrities.
- Social Media opened new possibilities for business.
- The world cannot survive without Social Media.
- Social Media promotes cyberbullying.
- Social Media strengthens relationships between people . Despite a lot of negative effects, one thing remains clear: social media helps people to stay in touch. The world we live in today became much smaller because of social media.
- Social Media and Networking Sites are a great help in your professional development.
- Social Media is a social problem.
- Social Comparison caused by Social Media is something we cannot avoid.
- Social Media Influencers are not celebrities.
- The Internet heavily affects News .
- Social Media should not be allowed in the workplace.
🎹 Persuasive Topics on Music
Everyone loves music—both listening to it and reading about it. Imagine how pleasantly surprised your peers will be if you choose a persuasive essay topic on it. Choose an artist or a genre and get creative.
- Hard Rock music is the music of violence.
- Rap music is not music—it’s poetry. A lot of people believe that rap isn’t music but poetry. Do you agree? If you do, then this topic is excellent for you. Look at the history of rap music. You will find some great arguments that support this view. What was the purpose of the first songs?
- Some people have an addiction to music.
- Depressive songs can be triggering for people with mental issues. Sad music usually goes hand-in-hand with depression. If you aren’t feeling well, it is quite reasonable if you choose sad music. However, researchers say that sad music can worsen your condition, so you should be careful. There are a lot of great experiments that demonstrate this idea and prove this point. Your essay can be quite helpful for those battling with their emotions and feelings.
- Music does not always have a positive effect.
- Kids should not listen to death metal.
- Hip hop dancing is a mainstream American culture now.
- Why music talent shows are so popular in America .
- Kids who listen to hip hop music are more rebellious than the rest. Rap music is heavily scrutinized. Kids who listen to rap and hip-hop may be more rebellious than others. It can happen since that such music often advocates violence and rebellion.
- The Negative view of women in hip hop music videos is outdated.
- The similarities between ballet and hip hop .
- The music can influence our behavior .
- The positive aspects of playing a musical instrument.
- Classical music and intelligence.
- The music reflects society and its authenticity.
- The positive effects of Mozart’s music on babies. There are so many advantages when it comes to listening to classical music. That’s why many parents in the United States start playing classical music to kids at a very early age.
- Blacks express themselves through music for centuries.
- Even plants grow better with classical music.
- Jazz is an extinct music genre.
- Reasons why most people do not like country music.
💖 Persuasive Essay Topics about Love & Family
All we need is love. It is a very famous song, and it is so true. Here’s a list of topics about love and family for you to be able to get inspired.
- Love is more than a set of chemical reactions. What is love? A lot of writers, scientists, philosophers, artists tried to answer this question. According to science, love is no more than a set of chemical reactions in the brain. Can it be true? You can argue that love is more sophisticated than any chemical reaction. Finding arguments that support this viewpoint should not be complicated. Or take the opposite stand.
- Everyone needs love.
- Why men do not understand women.
- It is not a good idea to live together before marriage.
- Hitting kids should be a crime. Children cannot make a connection between their actions and physical. Therefore, any form of aggression to children should become illegal. The only thing they feel is pain, so kids should not be physically punished. You can talk about the short-term and long-term effects of childhood traumas caused by caregivers.
- Every parent should talk to kids about sex.
- Why can people be happy only if they have love in their life?
- Love is the only way we can fight racism.
- Why parents should not drink and smoke in front of their children.
- Are marriage bonds are more reliable than any other relationship?
- The concept of love is different from culture to culture .
- The love between Romeo and Juliet was not mature.
- A love of a woman is different .
- Looking beyond imperfections is essential for success in marriage.
- Sacrifice is an element in family life. To build a happy family, we may need to learn the quality of sacrifice. In your essay, you can talk about why it may be necessary. What does it help to achieve? You can include your life examples and show the benefits of sacrifice.
- The changing landscape of love and marriage .
- Love and marriage are incompatible .
- Can parents leave their kids at home alone before 13 years old?
- Teenagers should have more free time.
✔ 60 More Persuasive Essay Topics
In this section, you can find 60 more persuasive essay topics.
1. Persuasive Essay Topics: UK
Choosing a good persuasive essay topic can be difficult. For UK students and students interested in UK culture, finding this section can be such a relief. These ten topics were waiting for you:
- Why Are UK Universities Better than the ones in the USA’s ones? It is a very subjective idea. Though it has a place to exist. If you think that UK universities are better, develop this idea into a persuasive essay.
- Why are UK musicians so famous in America?
- Brexit will help the UK to prosper.
- Why some believe that Shakespeare didn’t write his plays . You have probably heard this point of view before. However, you do not have to agree with it. You could find good arguments to demonstrate this common belief. Explain your position and why people think this way.
- Scotland’s version of UK history is different.
- The UN and International Peace .
- British and English are not synonyms.
- The history of the Northern Ireland crisis.
- Difficult relationships between the United Kingdom and the EU.
2. Persuasive Essay Topics: Philippines
- The effects of globalization on poverty in The Philippines.
- Death penalty laws in The Philippines are cruel.
- Critical issues in the Philippines should be resolved immediately.
- Benefits of a nationwide smoking ban in the Philippines.
- The quality of education in the Philippines should be higher.
3. Persuasive Essay Topics: Canada
- The impact of immigration on the geography of Canada is exceptional. Did you know that Canada receives more than 200.000 immigrants per year? Discuss how it affects economic geography in Canada. Where do most immigrants decide to reside? What happens to the job market?
- Canadian immigration is marked with a history of discrimination.
- Democratic racism in Canada is apparent.
- Canada is in denial about the issue of gender inequality .
- The most famous Canadian women and their achievements are underappreciated.
4. Persuasive Essay Topics: Social Science
- There is a connection between mental illness and aging.
- There are effects of violent movies on psychology. Absolutely everything that people see and watch affects their psychology. It affects us in one way or the other. Unfortunately, nowadays, violence is one of the most common forms of entertainment. This essay can persuade people to watch less violent movies.
- We have to deal with the social issues of families in poverty .
- Technology positively impacts society.
- There are negative consequences of individualism .
5. LGBT+ Persuasive Essay Topics
- Social problems in relation to the LGBT population is still an issue.
- LGBT labor and employment discrimination issues . Unfortunately, the LGBT community still faces discrimination. Besides showing the state of affairs, try to change your reader’s attitude. Make them see it as a social issue.
- The effects of cyberbullying on the LGBT community are significant.
- There is a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender discrimination in the Hispanic community.
- The causes of homosexual discrimination in American society .
6. Emotional Persuasive Essay Topics
- The importance of the use of ethos, pathos, logos in essay writing.
- The reasons why we should protect the environment.
- Should older people be allowed to drive?
- Is access to the internet a human right?
- The American dream is no longer attainable.
7. Deep Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should graffiti be considered a form of art?
- Stereotypes of American citizens .
- Why the debate over free education for all students should be over.
- Why is it important to teach Shakespeare in school?
- Art and music therapy should be covered by health insurance.
8. Harry Potter: Persuasive Essay Topics
- Does the sorting hat know more than humans?
- Is there a deeper meaning in Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone?
- A theme of love and betrayal in J.K.Rowling’s books is prominent. A lot of critics believe that Harry Potter is not about magic but love. It is a recurring theme in the whole series.
- Hogwarts: a home away from home.
- We should discuss the symbolism of deathly hallows more.
9. Fashion: Persuasive Essay Topics
- Eco-friendly clothing is the next type of fashion.
- Why is a style more important than fashion?
- What does your choice of dress tell about you?
- Fashion photography is a form of art, as well.
- What are the concepts of beauty in the fashion industry?
10. Domestic Violence: Persuasive Essay Topics
- We have to take into account a cross-cultural perspective on domestic abuse. Different cultures approach domestic violence with varying levels of tolerance. In multicultural families, it can be a challenging problem to address. In your essay, you should try to explain why, in some places, people tolerate domestic violence. Elaborate on why, in other areas, it is forbidden.
- Domestic violence against women is a prominent problem.
- Domestic abuse against men exists too. Not everyone understands, but domestic violence against men is an issue. However, people discuss it less commonly, and men do not like to share their experiences. Why? They prefer to maintain their sharp facade. However, domestic abuse is damaging to everyone.
- There is significant emotional abuse in low-income families.
- Child abuse is still a problem .
11. Persuasive Agriculture Topics
- How urban agriculture affects the economy .
- The agricultural effects on wild animals.
- Should GMO organisms in farming be allowed?
- The issue of agricultural modernization in third world countries .
- Organic farming should be the only type of farming.
👩🏫 6 Tips on Writing a Persuasive Essay
A persuasive essay is one of the most common types of academic writing. You, as a student, will be required to master it. The goal is to present a distinct opinion on a topic and illustrate it with arguments and evidence. Hopefully, by the end of this section, you will be able to write a good persuasive essay.
As you already can guess from the name, in the essay, you have to is to persuade (convince) others. Attempts to make people feel and think a certain way. To be able to do that, you need to have a good grasp of logos, pathos, and ethos.
Even heard of it?
A Greek philosopher Aristotle discovered this theory. A good speech that can convince others depends on three elements, which are:
- Logos refers to the part responsible for logical persuasion;
- Pathos refers to the part responsible for emotional appeal;
- Ethos refers to the extent readers are willing to trust the writer.
So, you should determine and implement logos, pathos, and ethos in your essay. You might not be able to use the third one, though. It deals with your social status and reputation.
Now let’s understand what makes a persuasive essay so great:
- Your distinctive position supported by both arguments and counterarguments.
- A compelling style that influences your reader.
- An adequate organization that ensures the natural progression of your argumentation.
📜 5 Persuasive Writing Prompts
In this section, we will give you some good ideas for using both logos and pathos. It is essential to remember about these components if you are writing a persuasive essay. These five persuasive writing prompts will help you to start:
- Immigrants are not a threat to American society. This is such a familiar debate. Some politicians and regular people see immigrants as a threat to American society. Present several facts that argue against the idea. Elaborate on the increase in human capital, innovation, science. Appeal to the fact that America is a country that was built by immigrants.
- The immoral aspect of eating animals. Have you ever heard about the Animal Rights movement? It exists, and it states that causing suffering to animals is immoral. You can argue for or against it. You can say that humans were created to eat meat. Or claim that the Bible says we should be vegetarians. There are many logos and pathos arguments that you can make if you decide to choose this topic.
- Having a lot of friends is impossible. A lot of times, people confuse who is their friend and who is their acquaintance. In this essay, try to find a good definition of who you would call a friend. Friendship requires a lot of time and effort. Is it possible to maintain a lot of friendship relationships?
- Sexual orientation is determined in childhood. A lot of people believe that sexual orientation is determined later in life. However, most LGBTQ+ persons state that it is not valid. They say that their sexual orientation became evident to them even when they were kids. You can develop this argument and include some personal stories of people you know.
- Capital punishment is a crime. In this essay, you can give your opinion about capital punishment. Choose the position you genuinely believe in and support it with evidence. One thing is clear; capital punishment is a susceptible subject. No matter what view you have, you will most probably meet some opposition. Stick to logical arguments and try not to appeal too much to pathos.
Thank you for reading this article! Do not hesitate to share our persuasive essay topics with your friends and fellow students. And leave a comment below—we’d be happy to learn your opinion.
- 100 Persuasive Essay Topics: Grace Fleming, ThoughtCo
- Writing Resources: Writing Center Handouts, Hamilton College
- Ten Timeless Persuasive Writing Techniques: Brian Clark, Copyblogger
- How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay, Easy Step-by-Step Guide: Malcolm Gladwell, MasterClass
- Persuasive Essay, Examples and Definition of Persuasive Essay: Literary Devices, Definition and Examples of literary Items
- Persuasive Essay Outline: HCC Learning Web
- How To Write A Persuasive Essay: Writing Guides, Ultius
- Tips To Write An Effective Persuasive Essay: Melissa Burns, The College Puzzle
- Tips for Organizing an Argumentative Essay: Judith L. Beumer Writing Center
- Counterargument: Gordon Harvey (adapted from The Academic Essay: A Brief Anatomy), for the Writing Center at Harvard University
- 60 Persuasive Essay and Speech Topics: K12 Reader
- 434 Good Persuasive Topics for Speech or Essay: My Speech Class
- How to Write Persuasive Essays: Matrix Education
- 31 Powerful Persuasive Writing Techniques: Writtent
- A CS Research Topic Generator or How To pick A Worthy Topic In 10 Seconds: Purdue University
- Topic Ideas Generator: Online Research Library Questia
- English Grammar, Grammar Rules and Tips: Grammarist, English Grammar, Usage, and Style Blog
- How Do I Cite Sources: Plagiarism.org
- Writing Essays: Learning Development, Plymouth University
- Citation Style and Reference Formats: C. Rodkin, Association for Computing Machinery
- Effective Writing Grammar Rules: Grammar Book
- The Basics of Essay Writing: UNSW Current Students
- Writing Paragraphs: The Writing Centre, University of Ottawa
- Share via Facebook
- Share via Twitter
- Share via LinkedIn
- Share via email
You might also like
110 Original History Essay Questions: Examples and Topics
Cool History Topics: 151 Great Historical Events & Ideas
20 Ways Handwriting Is Good for You and Your Studying
Really amazing article. It’s really helpful. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate your opinion!
100 Persuasive Essay Topics
- M.Ed., Education Administration, University of Georgia
- B.A., History, Armstrong State University
Persuasive essays are a bit like argument essays and persuasive speeches , but they tend to be a little kinder and gentler. Argument essays require you to discuss and to attack an alternate view, while persuasive essays are attempts to convince the reader that you have a believable argument. In other words, you are an advocate, not an adversary.
A Persuasive Essay Has 3 Components
- Introduction : This is the opening paragraph of your essay. It contains the hook, which is used to grab the reader's attention, and the thesis, or argument, which you'll explain in the next section.
- Body : This is the heart of your essay, usually three to five paragraphs in length. Each paragraph examines one theme or issue used to support your thesis.
- Conclusion : This is the final paragraph of your essay. In it, you'll sum up the main points of the body and connect them to your thesis. Persuasive essays often use the conclusion as a last appeal to the audience.
Learning how to write a persuasive essay is an essential skill that people use every day in fields from business to law to media and entertainment. English students can begin writing a persuasive essay at any skill level. You're sure to find a sample topic or two from the list of 100 persuasive essays below, sorted by degree of difficulty.
Watch Now: 12 Ideas for Great Persuasive Essay Topics
- Kids should get paid for good grades.
- Students should have less homework.
- Snow days are great for family time.
- Penmanship is important.
- Short hair is better than long hair.
- We should all grow our own vegetables.
- We need more holidays.
- Aliens probably exist.
- Gym class is more important than music class.
- Kids should be able to vote.
- Kids should get paid for extra activities like sports.
- School should take place in the evenings.
- Country life is better than city life.
- City life is better than country life.
- We can change the world.
- Skateboard helmets should be mandatory.
- We should provide food for the poor.
- Children should be paid for doing chores.
- We should populate the moon .
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- The government should impose household trash limits.
- Nuclear weapons are an effective deterrent against foreign attack.
- Teens should be required to take parenting classes.
- We should teach etiquette in schools.
- School uniform laws are unconstitutional.
- All students should wear uniforms.
- Too much money is a bad thing.
- High schools should offer specialized degrees in arts or sciences.
- Magazine advertisements send unhealthy signals to young women.
- Robocalling should be outlawed.
- Age 12 is too young to babysit.
- Children should be required to read more.
- All students should be given the opportunity to study abroad.
- Yearly driving tests should be mandatory past age 65.
- Cell phones should never be used while driving.
- All schools should implement bullying awareness programs.
- Bullies should be kicked out of school.
- Parents of bullies should have to pay a fine.
- The school year should be longer.
- School days should start later.
- Teens should be able to choose their bedtime.
- There should be a mandatory entrance exam for high school.
- Public transit should be privatized.
- We should allow pets in school.
- The voting age should be lowered to 16.
- Beauty contests are bad for body image.
- Every American should learn to speak Spanish.
- Every immigrant should learn to speak English.
- Video games can be educational.
- College athletes should be paid for their services.
- We need a military draft .
- Professional sports should eliminate cheerleaders.
- Teens should be able to start driving at 14 instead of 16.
- Year-round school is a bad idea.
- High school campuses should be guarded by police officers.
- The legal drinking age should be lowered to 19.
- Kids under 15 shouldn't have Facebook pages.
- Standardized testing should be eliminated.
- Teachers should be paid more.
- There should be one world currency.
- Domestic surveillance without a warrant should be legal.
- Letter grades should be replaced with a pass or fail.
- Every family should have a natural disaster survival plan.
- Parents should talk to kids about drugs at a young age.
- Racial slurs should be illegal.
- Gun ownership should be tightly regulated.
- Puerto Rico should be granted statehood.
- People should go to jail when they abandon their pets.
- Free speech should have limitations.
- Members of Congress should be subject to term limits.
- Recycling should be mandatory for everyone.
- High-speed internet access should be regulated like a public utility.
- Yearly driving tests should be mandatory for the first five years after getting a license.
- Recreational marijuana should be made legal nationwide.
- Legal marijuana should be taxed and regulated like tobacco or alcohol.
- Child support dodgers should go to jail.
- Students should be allowed to pray in school.
- All Americans have a constitutional right to health care.
- Internet access should be free for everyone.
- Social Security should be privatized.
- Pregnant couples should receive parenting lessons.
- We shouldn't use products made from animals.
- Celebrities should have more privacy rights.
- Professional football is too violent and should be banned.
- We need better sex education in schools.
- School testing is not effective.
- The United States should build a border wall with Mexico and with Canada.
- Life is better than it was 50 years ago.
- Eating meat is unethical.
- A vegan diet is the only diet people should follow.
- Medical testing on animals should be illegal.
- The Electoral College is outdated.
- Medical testing on animals is necessary.
- Public safety is more important than an individual's right to privacy.
- Single-sex colleges provide a better education.
- Books should never be banned.
- Violent video games can cause people to act violently in real life.
- Freedom of religion has limitations.
- Nuclear power should be illegal.
- Climate change should be the president's primary political concern.
- Arizona State University Writing Center staff. " Persuasive Essay Structure ." ASU.edu, June 2012.
- Collins, Jen, and Polak, Adam. " Persuasive Essays ." Hamilton.edu.
- 100 Persuasive Speech Topics for Students
- Middle School Debate Topics
- 50 Argumentative Essay Topics
- 40 Writing Topics for Argumentative and Persuasive Essays
- How to Write a Solid Thesis Statement
- Controversial Speech Topics
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay
- Tips on How to Write an Argumentative Essay
- The Ultimate Guide to the 5-Paragraph Essay
- 30 Writing Topics: Persuasion
- Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
- Write an Attention-Grabbing Opening Sentence for an Essay
- How to Write a Great Essay for the TOEFL or TOEIC
- What Is Expository Writing?
- Bad Essay Topics for College Admissions
- How to Write a Narrative Essay or Speech
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
Top 101 Persuasive Essay Topics To Help You Score Better
Don’t know how to jumpstart writing a persuasive essay? Use the list of top topics below as a source of inspiration for your project. Explore 101 ideas and find the perfect one you have been looking for. Alternatively, remember we can always do your essay written for a small fee from our expert writers. Let’s get started!
What is a persuasive essay? A persuasive essay is a type of written assignment that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that the argument, presented in work, is correct. The main objective of a persuasive speech is to let the students master the art of persuasion. This type of essay is a typical assignment at high-school and early college years, so senior high school students and junior college students can benefit from it the most. A persuasive essay outline is as follows: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Find Exciting Ideas for Your Persuasive Essay
The 101 topics listed below are a great source of inspiration and material for thorough and exciting research. Among them, you will find an ideal theme to use in your further investigation. On the other hand, don’t forget that you can also get your essay written by our professional writers in a matter of hours. Our service provides high-quality exclusive essay writing services. We have the necessary expertise and years of successful experience in custom academic writing. Our authors can come up with top-notch quality writing that will meet all of your requirements and help you get the grade you want.
Persuasive essays, in many ways, resemble argumentative essays. The major difference is that the argumentative essay should demonstrate a discussion as opposed to a single opinion. When working on a persuasive essay topic, one should remember that aiming to persuade the reader, make sure first that your statement or argument is 100% correct. Write down your topic as a firm statement in the form of a sentence and avoid using questions instead.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- In modern classrooms, exams do not match students’ abilities.
- Schools should have nothing to do with ads.
- Soda shouldn’t be sold to kids in restaurants.
- French fries shouldn’t be served in public school cafeterias.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- Breastfeeding should be allowed in public places.
- Parents should go to jail if their kids do something illegal.
- Bipolar disorder essay
- People under 21 should be allowed to drink alcohol with parental consent.
- Parents must be responsible for providing a healthy diet.
- Parents should regularly check children’s belongings for drugs.
- The Internet was invented to change our lives.
Medium Difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- Is the ACLU a scam that is no good for America?
- Commercial testing on animals should be banned.
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace fossil fuels.
- Churches should pay taxes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuba embargo.
- College football should replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system.
- Decrease of the federal corporate income tax rate creates more jobs.
- Critical success factors
- The age for legal alcohol drinking should be more than 21.
- The felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote.
Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Sex orientation is determined in childhood.
- Capital punishment is a crime.
- The humans are the leading cause of global climate change.
- Euthanasia should be allowed.
- Adults must be allowed to carry the electroshock device.
- Ansoff, Boston, and the Strategy Clock
- The U.S. Supreme Court should ban same-sex marriages.
- The ways to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict exist.
- Defending yourself should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be put to prison and forced to work to pay for their upkeep.
- The difference between works cited and bibliography
College Level Topics for Persuasive Essays and Speeches
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics.
- Cell phone use and texting make it difficult to concentrate.
- Textbooks are obsolete and should be replaced by iPads.
- Students should be careful when posting on social media.
- A border fence will solve the dilemma of immigration.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- More recycling measures need to be forced by law.
- College network should use special filters to block inappropriate materials.
- The social network should be prohibited at school property.
- Should girls have equal representation on co-ed wrestling and football teams?
- Domestic terrorism is not an overwhelming issue in America.
- Identity theft is a huge problem for older adults.
Bachelor’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Fast food restaurants should prominently display calories.
- The current tax system overburdens the middle-class.
- Chronic mental patients live in “halfway houses” in the community.
- Billboards should be prohibited on highways.
- Psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- The U.S. Constitution should require a National Health Insurance Program.
- Child molesters should be sentenced to death.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms.
- The United Nations should be disbanded?
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people must volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable.
Master’s Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics.
- There is no such thing as the good and the evil.
- Does sexual desire define human behavior?
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged.
- Intelligence should be genetically engineered.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- Happiness comes from helping others, and this is why selfish people are always unhappy.
- God’s not dead.
- There is much evil in the world, and we should turn to God.
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts.
- The truth is universal.
- Creation of wealth comes from taking advantage of other people’s hard work.
Funny Topics for Persuasive Essays
- What would happen if donkeys took over the world?
- Where do all the mismatched run away to?
- Why I hate country music (an exclusive tell-all biography).
- The worst song in the world.
- People love to watch shark attack shows, and they are cheering for the shark.
- Why do we have tanning booths at the beach?
- Your video game skills can get you a good job.
- Why people love email spam more than real email letters.
- Why wearing braces makes it easier to scare strangers.
- Playing with Barbie will change your life.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens children.
- How to fake it as a non-sporty girlfriend.
- How to look busy at work without doing any actual work.
- Being a living Barbie doll has destroyed my life.
Controversial Topics for a Persuasive Essay
- Bailing out financial institutions should not be allowed to use federal tax money.
- Surveillance makes U.S. society.
- Polygamy should be banned.
- Lesbian mothers create deviant daughters.
- No warrant should be needed for search and seizures.
- We should abolish the jury system and give sole power to judges.
- Biological weapons should not be allowed.
- Torture should be illegal.
- Contraception should be banned for children.
- To have children, both parents should be certified.
- Genetically modified organisms have benefits.
- The world would be better off without educated women.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives should be considered abusive and illegal.
If you are looking for persuasive essay examples, take a look at these below
What Is the Point of Writing Persuasive Essays?
Persuasive writing allows us to look critically at ideas and topics that we might not pay enough attention to outside the classroom. Writing persuasive essays and speeches stretches your imagination and, sometimes, it can provide life-defining introspection.
We would encourage all our visitors to use these essay topics as basic ideas to develop your own themes. Don’t forget proper referencing – use our APA referencing tool or hire a qualified expert to help you with your written project. Place an order and get your professionally written papers for a money on time and with firm guarantees.
buy an essay online
Write an Expository Essay or Buy It Here
An expository essay is a type of written discourse that serves the purpose of explaining, describing and providing information to the reader. What Is an Expository Essay? An expository essay is a type of written discourse that serves the purpose of explaining, describing and providing…
Why the Rainforests Destruction Should Be Prohibited?
The most important thing we can do – is to care. We have to care about the world we live in, the beauty we are surrounded by, the life that flourishes around. Forests Are the Lungs of the Earth Earth is beautiful, sometimes you can’t…
- Pay for Essay
- Essays For Sale
- Thesis Writing
- Do My Paper
- Write Papers for Money
- Term Papers for Sale
- Custom Research Paper
- Write My Coursework
- Buy an Annotated Bibliography
- Write My Research Paper for Me
- Ph.D. Dissertation Editing Services
- Buy Homework Online
- College Paper
- Online Proofreading
- Write My Personal Statement
- Pay For Papers
- Cheap Research Papers
- Write My Term Paper
- Do My Assignment
- Rewrite My Essay
- Buy Term Papers
- Do My Essay Services
- Article Writing
- Resume & CV Writing Service
- College Assignment Help
- Write my Paper for Me
- Plagiarism check
- Dissertation Writing
- College Coursework
- Write My Admission Essay
- Online Assignment Help
- Buy Dissertation
- Write my Dissertation
- Admission Essay Writing
- Academic Writing
- Admission Essay Help
- Custom Paper
- Cover Letter Writing Service
- Editing Services
- Research Paper Help
- Do My Homework
- Term Paper Help
- Coursework Help
- Essay Rewriting Service
- Personal Essay Help
- Scholarship Essay
- Custom Argumentative Essay
- Law Essay Writing Service
- College Admission Essay Help
- Narrative Essays Online
- Algebra Homework Help
- Annotated Bibliography Writing
- Online Citation Machine
- Buy Nursing Papers
- Calculus Homework Help
- Grades 6-12
- School Leaders
Make Math Class EPIC With This Giveaway!
101 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids and Teens
Use your words to sway the reader.
Persuasive writing is one of those skills that can help students succeed in real life. Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative , but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader. It’s important to know your audience so you can anticipate any counterarguments they might make and try to overcome them. Try reading some mentor texts to show kids great examples of opinion writing. Then use these persuasive essay topics for practice.
School and Education Persuasive Essay Topics
Life and ethics persuasive essay topics, science and technology persuasive essay topics, sports and entertainment persuasive essay topics, just for fun persuasive essay topics.
- Do you think homework should be required, optional, or not given at all?
- Students should/should not be able to use their phones during the school day.
- Should schools have dress codes?
- If I could change one school rule, it would be …
- Is year-round school a good idea?
- Should we stop giving final exams?
- Is it better to be good at academics or good at sports?
- Which is better, private schools or public schools?
- Should every student have to participate in athletics?
- Do you think schools should ban junk food from their cafeterias?
- Should students be required to volunteer in their communities?
- What is the most important school subject?
- Are letter grades helpful, or should we replace them with something else?
- Is it ever OK to cheat on homework or a test?
- Should students get to grade their teachers?
- Do you think college should be free for anyone who wants to attend?
- Should schools be allowed to ban some books from their libraries?
- Which is better, book smarts or street smarts?
- Should all students have to learn a foreign language?
- Are single-gender schools better or worse for students?
- Is it OK to eat animals?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal.
- If you find money on the ground, should you try to find the person who lost it, or is it yours to keep?
- Who faces more peer pressure, girls or boys?
- Should all Americans be required to vote?
- Is it better to be kind or truthful?
- Which is better, giving or receiving?
- Is it OK to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we change the minimum driving age in the United States?
- Which is more important, happiness or success?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is social media helpful or harmful?
- Should parents be punished for their children’s mistakes or crimes?
- Should kids have set bedtimes or just go to bed when they’re sleepy?
- Do you think the government should find a way to provide free health care for everyone?
- Is it better to save your allowance or spend it?
- Should we ban plastic bags and bottles?
- Which is better, living in the city or in the country?
- If I could make a new law, it would be …
- Is Pluto a planet?
- Should human cloning be legal?
- Should vaccines be mandatory?
- Is it right for countries to still maintain nuclear weapon arsenals?
- Should testing on animals be made illegal?
- Will expanded use of artificial intelligence be good for humanity?
- Should all people have free Internet access in their homes?
- Is there intelligent life on other planets?
- Does technology create more jobs than it eliminates?
- Should parents use their children’s cell phones to track where they are?
- Should scientists try to develop a way for people to live forever?
- What’s the best type of smartphone: Android or iPhone?
- Which is better, Macs or PCs?
- Do people rely too much on technology in the modern world?
- Should cryptocurrencies replace cash?
- Should there be a minimum age requirement to own a smartphone?
- Is it important to keep spending money on space exploration, or should we use the money for other things?
- Should kids under 13 be allowed to use social media sites?
- Should we ban cigarette smoking and vaping entirely?
- Is it better to be an animal that lives in the water or on land?
- Should kids be allowed to watch TV on school nights?
- Which is better, paper books or e-books?
- Is the current movie rating system (G, PG, PG-13, etc.) effective?
- Are video games better than board games?
- Should we allow little kids to play competitive sports?
- Which is better, reading books or watching TV?
- Does playing violent video games make people more violent in real life?
- Are graphic novels just as valuable as traditional fictional books?
- Should everyone play on the same sports teams, regardless of gender?
- Choose a book that’s been made into a movie. Which was better, the movie or the book?
- Who is the world’s best athlete, present or past?
- Are professional athletes/musicians/actors overpaid?
- Which is better, fiction or nonfiction?
- The best music genre is …
- What is one book that everyone should read?
- What new sport should be added to the Olympics?
- What’s the best video game system?
- Does playing video games make you smarter?
- Does reality TV actually depict real life?
- Should all neighborhoods have free parks and playgrounds?
- What’s the best holiday?
- The very best food of all time is …
- Which is better, artificial Christmas trees or real ones?
- What’s the best season of the year?
- Should you put ketchup on a hot dog?
- Is a taco a sandwich?
- Does fruit count as dessert?
- Should people have to go to school or work on their birthday?
- Are clowns scary or funny?
- Which is more dangerous, werewolves or vampires?
- The best pizza topping is …
- What would be the best superpower to have?
- Should everyone make their bed every day?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Should you put pineapple on a pizza?
- Should you eat macaroni and cheese with a spoon or a fork?
- Describe the world’s best ice cream sundae.
- Is Monday the worst day of the week?
- Would you rather travel back in time or forward in time?
- Is it better to be too hot or too cold?
- Are there aliens living among us here on Earth?
What are your favorite persuasive essay topics for students? Come exchange ideas in the We Are Teachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the big list of essay topics for high school (120+ ideas) ..
You Might Also Like
35 Strong Persuasive Writing Examples (Speeches, Essays, Ads, and More)
Learn from the experts. Continue Reading
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. 5335 Gate Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256