- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Classroom Ideas
- Teacher’s Life
- Deals & Shopping
94 Excellent Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
December 4, 2023 // by Brittany Ray
Middle schoolers are always ready for a feisty debate and to argue their points! This list of excellent argumentative essay topics for middle school is sure to give your students the practice they need in getting their arguments down on paper, in a persuasive way. With a variety of topics ranging from whether or not to outlaw animal testing to debating a 3-day weekend, this curated collection will give your kiddos lots of fun choices to explore! Take a look and see which topics are sure to spark some interest in your classroom!
School Rules and Policies
1. should cell phones be allowed at school.
2. Should gym class (physical education) be a requirement?
3. Explain why or why not: Should students have homework on weekends?
4. Should the school day be extended in exchange for a long weekend?
5. Do you feel the government should dictate what you get for school lunch?
6. Do you believe brick-and-mortar schools are still necessary for today’s post-pandemic society?
7. Is the student-per-class limit too high?
8. Should high school students be required to take a civics exam before graduation?
9. Should school security be improved?
10. Should students be allowed to use smartwatches during examinations?
11. Should there be a limit to the amount of homework a school can assign to students?
12. Is the traditional grading system effective, or does it need an overhaul?
13. Should schools offer more extracurricular activities to cater to diverse interests?
14. Do schools place too much emphasis on sports and athletes at the expense of academic pursuits?
15. Explain your stance as to whether schools should or should not require students to wear uniforms.
16. Do you believe that school field trips are beneficial or merely recreational?
17. Should students be required to learn a second language starting in middle school?
18. Should the government have the ability to ban certain books in the classroom?
19. Should school cafeterias serve exclusively vegetarian meals to promote health?
20. Should schools have mandatory classes on financial literacy?
21. Should schools have strict policies against cyberbullying?
22. Should schools have mandatory mental health classes and counseling sessions?
23. Should students be allowed to grade their teachers?
24. Should schools have mindfulness and meditation sessions as part of the daily routine?
25. Should schools emphasize more on teaching critical thinking skills rather than just memorizing things?
26. Should there be more emphasis on vocational training in middle school?
27. Should students be taught the dangers of misinformation and “fake news” as part of their curriculum?
28. Should schools introduce mandatory community service as part of the curriculum?
29. Should schools allow students to bring their pets to school?
30. Should schools be allowed to monitor students’ online activities?
31. Should education about global warming and environmental conservation be a mandatory part of the curriculum?
32. Should schools introduce more practical skills courses like basic cooking, sewing, or home repair?
33. Do school dress codes infringe on personal expression?
34. Should middle school students be allowed to bring and use laptops in class?
35. Is homeschooling a better option than traditional schooling for some students?
36. Is learning to write in cursive still a necessary skill in the digital age?
37. Should school libraries invest in more digital resources or in physical books?
38. Should students be taught about controversial historical figures objectively or with a critical lens?
39. Should students have a more significant say in the creation of school rules and policies?
40. Do schools focus too much on college preparation at the expense of life skills?
41. Should parents be held more accountable for their children’s misbehavior at school?
42. Are parent-teacher conferences still effective or have they become outdated?
43. Should middle schools have later start times to accommodate adolescent sleep patterns?
College Admission and Tuition
44. should excellent grades guarantee a scholarship.
45. Should a college degree earned through online education have the same worth as a degree earned at a brick-and-mortar university?
46. Do you feel art courses should be a required part of earning a college degree?
47. Should college admission criteria be less stringent?
48. Should college athletes be paid?
49. Do you believe that a college education is necessary for everyone?
50. Should public education at the college level be tuition-free?
Health and Wellbeing
51. do parents put too much pressure on their children to excel academically.
52. Should cigarettes be illegal?
53. Should employers have the right to require a Covid-19 vaccine?
54. Is milk beneficial to a person’s health?
55. Are hot dogs bad for you?
56. Do you agree or disagree that parents should be held responsible for childhood obesity?
57. Should the FDA allow GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms) in our food?
58. Does the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) do a good job of regulating the production of food?
59. Should junk food advertisements be banned during children’s TV shows?
60. Should students be allowed to take “mental health days” off from school?
Government, Politics, and Civic Responsibilities
61. do you think electronic voting machines make the election procedure fair or unfair.
62. Explain whether or not the Electoral College should be eliminated.
63. Should the government have more say in what is or is not “fake news”?
64. Should a felon have the right to vote?
65. Should all political offices have term limits?
66. Should the voting age be lowered?
67. The moral stain of the slavery of African American people in early American History is undoubtedly present. Do you feel the government promotes hate or love with the way it currently speaks about racism?
68. Should the minimum wage be raised to $15 an hour?
69. Should the government have more strict gun control policies?
70. With the separation of church and state, should churches be exempt from paying taxes?
71. Do you feel undocumented immigrants should be granted all the same rights as naturalized citizens?
72. Have Native American communities been given proper reparations for the United States’ long history of seizing land?
73. Do you think that the government should do more to fight against human trafficking?
Environmental and Moral Issues
74. is climate change something we can truly make a difference with.
75. If protecting the environment is of utmost importance, should bottled water be banned?
76. Should exotic animals be kept in captivity?
77. Explain your stance on whether wind farms are a good or bad idea.
78. Do “participation trophies” diminish the value of real achievement?
79. Should there be harsher punishments for bullying?
80. Explain whether or not animal testing should be outlawed.
81. Should the death penalty exist?
82. Should an individual be able to keep wild animals as pets if they have the means to care for them?
83. Do curfews for teenagers prevent them from getting in trouble or infringe on personal freedom?
84. Is scientific research on cloning DNA ethical?
85. Is daylight saving something the U.S. should keep, or should it be abolished?
86. Should schools ban single-use plastics?
Digital and Media
87. do children currently have too much screen time, and is it harmful.
88. Do you believe that the media and/or social media negatively impact body image among teens?
89. Do social media platforms need stricter age verification processes?
90. Should parents have access to their children’s social media accounts for monitoring purposes?
91. Should parents limit the time their children spend on video games?
92. Should violent video games be banned in the United States?
93. Do violent cartoons and animations impact a child’s behavior negatively?
94. Do video games have educational potential or are they merely distractions?
- Grades 6-12
- School Leaders
Check out today's amazing teacher giveaway! 🎁.
The Big List of Essay Topics for High School (120+ Ideas!)
Ideas to inspire every young writer!
High school students generally do a lot of writing, learning to use language clearly, concisely, and persuasively. When it’s time to choose an essay topic, though, it’s easy to come up blank. If that’s the case, check out this huge round-up of essay topics for high school. You’ll find choices for every subject and writing style.
- Argumentative Essay Topics
- Cause-and-Effect Essay Topics
- Compare-Contrast Essay Topics
- Descriptive Essay Topics
- Expository and Informative Essay Topics
- Humorous Essay Topics
Literary Essay Topics
- Narrative and Personal Essay Topics
- Personal Essay Topics
- Persuasive Essay Topics
Research Essay Topics
Argumentative essay topics for high school.
When writing an argumentative essay, remember to do the research and lay out the facts clearly. Your goal is not necessarily to persuade someone to agree with you, but to encourage your reader to accept your point of view as valid. Here are some possible argumentative topics to try. ( Here are 100 more compelling argumentative essay topics. )
- The most important challenge our country is currently facing is … (e.g., immigration, gun control, economy)
- The government should provide free internet access for every citizen.
- All drugs should be legalized, regulated, and taxed.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking tobacco.
- The best country in the world is …
- Parents should be punished for their minor children’s crimes.
- Should all students have the ability to attend college for free?
- Should physical education be part of the standard high school curriculum?
- Schools should require recommended vaccines for all students, with very limited exceptions.
- Is it acceptable to use animals for experiments and research?
- Does social media do more harm than good?
- Capital punishment does/does not deter crime.
- What one class should all high schools students be required to take and pass in order to graduate?
- Do we really learn anything from history, or does it just repeat itself over and over?
- Are men and women treated equally?
Cause-and-Effect Essay Topics for High School
A cause-and-effect essay is a type of argumentative essay. Your goal is to show how one specific thing directly influences another specific thing. You’ll likely need to do some research to make your point. Here are some ideas for cause-and-effect essays. ( Get a big list of 100 cause-and-effect essay topics here. )
- Humans are causing accelerated climate change.
- Fast-food restaurants have made human health worse over the decades.
- What caused World War II? (Choose any conflict for this one.)
- Describe the effects social media has on young adults.
- How does playing sports affect people?
- What are the effects of loving to read?
- Being an only/oldest/youngest/middle child makes you …
- What effect does violence in movies or video games have on kids?
- Traveling to new places opens people’s minds to new ideas.
- Racism is caused by …
Compare-Contrast Essay Topics for High School
As the name indicates, in compare-and-contrast essays, writers show the similarities and differences between two things. They combine descriptive writing with analysis, making connections and showing dissimilarities. The following ideas work well for compare-contrast essays. ( Find 80+ compare-contrast essay topics for all ages here. )
- Public and private schools
- Capitalism vs. communism
- Monarchy or democracy
- Dogs vs. cats as pets
- Paper books or e-books
- Two political candidates in a current race
- Going to college vs. starting work full-time
- Working your way through college as you go or taking out student loans
- iPhone or Android
- Instagram vs. Twitter (or choose any other two social media platforms)
Descriptive Essay Topics for High School
Bring on the adjectives! Descriptive writing is all about creating a rich picture for the reader. Take readers on a journey to far-off places, help them understand an experience, or introduce them to a new person. Remember: Show, don’t tell. These topics make excellent descriptive essays.
- Who is the funniest person you know?
- What is your happiest memory?
- Tell about the most inspirational person in your life.
- Write about your favorite place.
- When you were little, what was your favorite thing to do?
- Choose a piece of art or music and explain how it makes you feel.
- What is your earliest memory?
- What’s the best/worst vacation you’ve ever taken?
- Describe your favorite pet.
- What is the most important item in the world to you?
- Give a tour of your bedroom (or another favorite room in your home).
- Describe yourself to someone who has never met you.
- Lay out your perfect day from start to finish.
- Explain what it’s like to move to a new town or start a new school.
- Tell what it would be like to live on the moon.
Expository and Informative Essay Topics for High School
Expository essays set out clear explanations of a particular topic. You might be defining a word or phrase or explaining how something works. Expository or informative essays are based on facts, and while you might explore different points of view, you won’t necessarily say which one is “better” or “right.” Remember: Expository essays educate the reader. Here are some expository and informative essay topics to explore. ( See 70+ expository and informative essay topics here. )
- What makes a good leader?
- Explain why a given school subject (math, history, science, etc.) is important for students to learn.
- What is the “glass ceiling” and how does it affect society?
- Describe how the internet changed the world.
- What does it mean to be a good teacher?
- Explain how we could colonize the moon or another planet.
- Discuss why mental health is just as important as physical health.
- Describe a healthy lifestyle for a teenager.
- Choose an American president and explain how their time in office affected the country.
- What does “financial responsibility” mean?
Humorous Essay Topics for High School
Humorous essays can take on any form, like narrative, persuasive, or expository. You might employ sarcasm or satire, or simply tell a story about a funny person or event. Even though these essay topics are lighthearted, they still take some skill to tackle well. Give these ideas a try.
- What would happen if cats (or any other animal) ruled the world?
- What do newborn babies wish their parents knew?
- Explain the best ways to be annoying on social media.
- Invent a wacky new sport, explain the rules, and describe a game or match.
- Imagine a discussion between two historic figures from very different times, like Cleopatra and Queen Elizabeth I.
- Retell a familiar story in tweets or other social media posts.
- Describe present-day Earth from an alien’s point of view.
- Choose a fictional character and explain why they should be the next president.
- Describe a day when kids are in charge of everything, at school and at home.
Literary essays analyze a piece of writing, like a book or a play. In high school, students usually write literary essays about the works they study in class. These literary essay topic ideas focus on books students often read in high school, but many of them can be tweaked to fit other works as well.
- Discuss the portrayal of women in Shakespeare’s Othello .
- Explore the symbolism used in The Scarlet Letter .
- Explain the importance of dreams in Of Mice and Men .
- Compare and contrast the romantic relationships in Pride and Prejudice .
- Dissect the allegory of Animal Farm and its relation to contemporary events.
- Interpret the author’s take on society and class structure in The Great Gatsby .
- Explore the relationship between Hamlet and Ophelia.
- Discuss whether Shakespeare’s portrayal of young love in Romeo and Juliet is accurate.
- Explain the imagery used in Beowulf .
Narrative and Personal Essay Topics for High School
Think of a narrative essay like telling a story. Use some of the same techniques that you would for a descriptive essay, but be sure you have a beginning, middle, and end. A narrative essay doesn’t necessarily need to be personal, but they often are. Take inspiration from these narrative and personal essay topics.
- Describe a performance or sporting event you took part in.
- Explain the process of cooking and eating your favorite meal.
- Write about meeting your best friend for the first time and how your relationship developed.
- Tell about learning to ride a bike or drive a car.
- Describe a time in your life when you’ve been scared.
- Share the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you.
- Tell about a time when you overcame a big challenge.
- Tell the story of how you learned an important life lesson.
- Describe a time when you or someone you know experienced prejudice or oppression.
- Explain a family tradition, how it developed, and its importance today.
- What is your favorite holiday? How does your family celebrate it?
- Retell a familiar story from the point of view of a different character.
- Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision.
- Tell about your proudest moment.
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative , but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader. It’s important to know your audience, so you can anticipate any counterarguments they might make and try to overcome them. Try these topics to persuade someone to come around to your point of view. ( Discover 60 more intriguing persuasive essay topics here. )
- Do you think homework should be required, optional, or not given at all?
- Everyone should be vegetarian or vegan.
- What animal makes the best pet?
- Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal.
- Who is the world’s best athlete, present or past?
- Should little kids be allowed to play competitive sports?
- Are professional athletes/musicians/actors overpaid?
- The best music genre is …
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is capitalism the best form of economy?
- Students should/should not be able to use their phones during the school day.
- Should schools have dress codes?
- If I could change one school rule, it would be …
- Is year-round school a good idea?
A research essay is a classic high school assignment. These papers require deep research into primary source documents, with lots of supporting facts and evidence that’s properly cited. Research essays can be in any of the styles shown above. Here are some possible topics, across a variety of subjects.
- Which country’s style of government is best for the people who live there?
- Choose a country and analyze its development from founding to present day.
- Describe the causes and effects of a specific war.
- Formulate an ideal economic plan for our country.
- What scientific discovery has had the biggest impact on life today?
- Analyze the way mental health is viewed and treated in this country.
- Explore the ways systemic racism impacts people in all walks of life.
- Defend the importance of teaching music and the arts in public schools.
- Choose one animal from the endangered species list, and propose a realistic plan to protect it.
What are some of your favorite essay topics for high school? Come share your prompts on the WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the ultimate guide to student writing contests .
We Are Teachers
You Might Also Like
100 Thought-Provoking Argumentative Writing Prompts for Kids and Teens
Practice making well-reasoned arguments using research and facts. Continue Reading
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. 5335 Gate Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Essay Topics – List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
Essay topics in English can be difficult to come up with. While writing essays , many college and high school students face writer’s block and have a hard time to think about topics and ideas for an essay. In this article, we will list out many good essay topics from different categories like argumentative essays, essays on technology, environment essays for students from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grades. Following list of essay topics are for all – from kids to college students. We have the largest collection of essays. An essay is nothing but a piece of content which is written from the perception of writer or author. Essays are similar to a story, pamphlet, thesis, etc. The best thing about Essay is you can use any type of language – formal or informal. It can biography, the autobiography of anyone. Following is a great list of 100 essay topics. We will be adding 400 more soon!
But Before that you may wanna read some awesome Essay Writing Tips here .
Get the Huge list of 100+ Speech Topics here
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should plastic be banned?
- Pollution due to Urbanization
- Education should be free
- Should Students get limited access to the Internet?
- Selling Tobacco should be banned
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Facebook should be banned
- Students should not be allowed to play PUBG
Essay Topics on Technology
- Wonder Of Science
- Mobile Phone
Essay Topics on Festivals on Events
- Independence Day (15 August)
- Teachers Day
- Summer Vacation
- Children’s Day
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Republic Day
Essay Topics on Education
- Education Essay
- Importance of Education
- Contribution of Technology in Education
Essay Topics on Famous Leaders
- Mahatma Gandhi
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Swami Vivekananda
- Mother Teresa
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Abraham Lincoln
- Martin Luther King
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri
Essay Topics on Animals and Birds
- My Favorite Animal
Essays Topics About Yourself
- My Best Friend
- My Favourite Teacher
- My Aim In Life
- My Favourite Game – Badminton
- My Favourite Game – Essay
- My Favourite Book
- My Ambition
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- India of My Dreams
- My School Life
- I Love My Family
- My Favourite Subject
- My Favourite Game Badminton
- My Father My Hero
- My School Library
- My Favourite Author
- My plans for summer vacation
Essay Topics Based on Environment and Nature
- Global Warming
- Air Pollution
- Environmental Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Rainy Season
- Climate Change
- Importance Of Trees
- Winter Season
- Natural Disasters
- Save Environment
- Summer Season
- Trees Our Best Friend Essay In English
Essay Topics Based on Proverbs
- Health Is Wealth
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- An Apple a Day Keeps Doctor Away
- Where there is a will, there is way
- Time and Tide wait for none
Toppr provides free study materials like NCERT Solutions for Students, Previous 10 Years of Question Papers, 1000+ hours of video lectures for free. Download Toppr app for Android and iOS or signup for free.
Essay Topics for Students from 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
- Noise Pollution
- Environment Pollution
- Women Empowerment
- Time and Tide Wait for none
- Science and Technology
- Importance of Sports
- Sports and Games
- Time Management
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness
- Rome was not Built in a Day
- Clean India
- Cow Essay In English
- Describe Yourself
- Festivals Of India
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Healthy Food
- Importance Of Water
- Plastic Pollution
- Value of Time
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Gandhi Jayanti
- Human Rights
- Knowledge Is Power
- Same Sex Marriage
- Childhood Memories
- Cyber Crime
- Kalpana Chawla
- Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Spring Season
- Unity In Diversity
- Artificial Intelligence
- Online Shopping
- Indian Culture
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Indian Education System
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Issues
- Freedom Fighters
- Save Fuel For Better Environment
- Importance Of Newspaper
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Raksha Bandhan
- World Environment Day
- Narendra Modi
- What Is Religion
- Charity Begins at Home
- A Journey by Train
- Ideal student
- Save Water Save Earth
- Indian Farmer
- Safety of Women in India
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Capital Punishment
- College Life
- Natural Resources
- Peer Pressure
- Nature Vs Nurture
- Romeo And Juliet
- Generation Gap
- Makar Sankranti
- Constitution of India
- Girl Education
- Importance of Family
- Importance of Independence Day
- Brain Drain
- A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
- Action Speaks Louder Than Words
- All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Bhagat Singh
- Importance of Discipline
- Population Explosion
- Poverty in India
- Uses Of Mobile Phones
- Water Scarcity
- Train Journey
- Land Pollution
- Environment Protection
- Indian Army
- Uses of Internet
- All that Glitters is not Gold
- Balanced Diet
- Blood Donation
- Digital India
- Dussehra Essay
- Energy Conservation
- National Integration
- Railway Station
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Health And Hygiene
- Importance Of Forest
- Indira Gandhi
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine
- Career Goals
- Mental Health
- Save Water Save Life
- International Yoga Day
- Winter Vacation
- Soil Pollution
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
- Indian Culture And Tradition
- Unity Is Strength
- Unity is Diversity
- Wildlife Conservation
- Cruelty To Animals
- Nelson Mandela
- Of Mice And Men
- Organ Donation
- Life in a Big City
- Democracy in India
- Waste Management
- Female Foeticide
- Harmful Effects Of Junk Food
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Save Electricity
- Social Media
- Social Networking Sites
- Sound Pollution
- Life in an Indian Village
- Life in Big City
- Population Growth
- World Population Day
- Greenhouse Effect
- Statue of Unity
- Traffic Jam
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Importance of Good Manners
- Good Manners
- Cyber Security
- Green Revolution
- Health And Fitness
- Incredible India
- Make In India
- Surgical Strike
- Triple Talaq
- A Good Friend
- Importance of Friends in our Life
- Should Plastic be Banned
- Traffic Rules
- Effects of Global Warming
- Fundamental Rights
- Solar System
- National Constitution Day
- Good Mother
- Importance of Trees in our Life
- City Life Vs Village Life
- Importance of Communication
- Conservation of Nature
- Man vs. Machine
- Indian Economy
- Mothers Love
- Importance of National Integration
- Black Money
- Greenhouse effect
- Self Discipline
- Global Terrorism
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Newspaper and Its Uses
- World Health Day
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- A Picnic with Family
- Indian Heritage
- Status of Women in India
- Child is Father of the Man
- Reading is Good Habit
- Plastic Bag
- Terrorism in India
- Library and Its Uses
- Life on Mars
- Pollution Due to Diwali
- National Flag of India
- Vocational Education
- Importance of Tree Plantation
- Summer Camp
- Vehicle Pollution
- Women Education in India
- Seasons in India
- Freedom of the Press
- Caste System
- Environment and Human Health
- Mountain Climbing
- Depletion of Natural Resources
- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Health Education
- Effects of Deforestation
- Life after School
- Starvation in India
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Impact of Privatization
- Election Commission of India
- Election and Democracy
- Prevention of Global Warming
- Impact of Cinema in Life
- Subhas Chandra Bose
- Dowry System
- Ganesh Chaturthi Festival
- Role of Science in Making India
- Impact of Global Warming on Oceans
- Pollution due to Festivals
- Ambedkar Jayanti
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Family Planning in India
- Democracy vs Dictatorship
- National Festivals of India
- Sri Aurobindo
- Casteism in India
- Organ trafficking
- Consequences of Global Warming
- Role of Human Activities in Global Warming
- Issues and Problems faced by Women in India
- Role of Judiciary in the Country Today
- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- PUBG Mobile Game Addiction
- Role of Youths in Nation Building
- Value of Oxygen and Water in Life/Earth
- Farmer Suicides in India
- Start-up India
- Pollution Due to Firecrackers
- Life of Soldiers
- Child Labour
- Save Girl Child
- Morning Walk
- My School Fete
- Essay on Financial Literacy
- Essay On Sustainable Development
- Essay On Punjab
- Essay On Travel
- My Home Essay
- Child Marriage Essay
- Importance Of English Language Essay
- Essay On Mass Media
- Essay On Horse
- Essay On Police
- Essay On Eid
- Essay On Solar Energy
- Animal Essay
- Essay On Mango
- Gender Discrimination Essay
- Essay On Advertisement
- My First Day At School Essay
- My Neighborhood Essay
- True Friendship Essay
- Work Is Worship Essay
- Essay On Self Confidence
- Essay On Superstition
- Essay On Bangalore
- Sex Vs Gender Essay
- Essay On Social Issues
- Time Is Money Essay
- Essay About Grandmothers
- Essay On Hard Work
- First Day Of School Essay
- Flowers Essay
- My Favorite Food Essay
- Essay on Birds
- Essay on Humanity
- Essay on Sun
- Essay on Kargil War
- Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining Essay
- Francis Bacon Essays
- Importance of Cleanliness Essay
- My Sister Essay
- Self Introduction Essay
- Solar Energy Essay
- Sports Day Essa
- Value Of Education Essay
- Essay On Isro
- Essay On Balance Is Beneficial
- Essay On Reservation In India
- Essay On Water Management
- Essay On Smoking
- Essay On Stress Management
- Essay On William Shakespeare
- Essay on Apple
- Essay On Albert Einstein
- Essay On Feminism
- Essay On Kindness
- Essay On Domestic Violence
- Essay on English as a Global Language
- Essay On Co-Education
- Importance Of Exercise Essay
- Overpopulation Essay
- Smartphone Essay
- Essay on River
- Essay on Cyclone
- Essay On Facebook
- Essay On Science In Everyday Life
- Essay On Women Rights
- Essay On Right To Education
- Essay on Quotes
- Essay On Peace
- Essay On Drawing
- Essay On Bicycle
- Essay On Sexual Harassment
- Essay On Hospital
- Essay On Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Essay On Golden Temple
- Essay On Art
- Essay On Ruskin Bond
- Essay On Moon
- Birthday Essay
- Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover Essay
- Draught Essay
- Gratitude Essay
- Indian Politics Essay
- Who am I Essay
- Essay on Positive Thinking
- Essay on Dance
- Essay on Navratri
- Essay on Onam
- Essay on New Education Policy 2020
- Esasy on Thank you Coronavirus Helpers
- Essay on Coronavirus and Coronavirus Symptoms
- Essay on Baseball
- Essay on coronavirus vaccine
- Fitness beats pandemic essay
- Essay on coronavirus tips
- Essay on coronavirus prevention
- Essay on coronavirus treatment
- Essay on essay on trees
- Essay on television
- Gender inequality essay
- Water conservation essay
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on Types of sports
- Essay on road safety
- Essay on my favourite season
- My pet essay
- Student life essay
- Essay on Railway station
- Essay on earth
- Essay on knowledge is power
- Essay on favourite personality
- Essay on memorable day of my life
- My parents essay
- Our country essay
- Picnic essay
- Travelling essay
- Letter Writing
- It So Happened Summary
- Honey Dew Chapter Summaries
- The Alien Hand
- Malu Bhalu Summary
- Sing a Song of People Summary
- The Little Bully Summary
- Nobody’s Friend Summary
- Class Discussion Summary
- Crying Summary in English
Which class are you in?
Download the App
Back to all blog posts
100 Fresh and Unexpected Essay Topics for High School Students
Looking for topics to write an essay on for high school assignment, and all the lists seem to suggest endless variations of the same 10 basic ideas? Kind of reminds you of that 999 in 1 vintage video game that your dad still keeps in the attic. Annoyingly repetitive.
No such stale stuff here. Find only the most interesting essay topics for high school students below. Make this assignment one of a kind – just like your favorite ship!
We have divided our suggestions by essay types and subjects. However, keep in mind that these topics are given as examples and do not cover the entirety of the high school curriculum. If you need essay inspiration on class material not covered here, request personalized recommendations and assistance from our paper writing service .
Fun Essay Topics for High School
As a warmup, let’s start with some easy essay topics for high school. If the teacher said you can write about anything, why not have fun with your essay and be creative?
- A day in the mind of a cat
- Which superpower would you choose to have?
- If you could remove one stressor in your life, what would it be? How would your life be better without it?
- What role does music play in your life?
- Which reason to skip school should be made legitimate?
- Makeup today is clearly gendered as a female attribute. Do you believe that with growing equality, it becomes outdated? If not, will men start using makeup more instead?
- Do you believe plants could be considered pets?
- Which invention/technology considered obsolete do you wish were around today? Why?
- Why do you think we so often crush on book characters?
- Pick three objects to symbolize the past decade and explain your choice
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
Now let’s up our game. Persuasive essays test your eloquence since they must change your opponent’s perspective. Which side will you take on these issues?
- School classes start too early, contributing to sleep deprivation. Agree or disagree?
- Do you believe teachers should be armed to protect underage students?
- Homework is obsolete and useless. Agree or disagree?
- Is it ethical to engage service animals in dangerous tasks?
- Do you think keeping wild animals as pets is ever ethical?
- Do you think students should resolve conflicts independently, or school authorities must interfere?
- Do you believe that exposing a cheating student in front of the class amounts to shaming and is unacceptable?
- Classroom learning is outdated, and we all should study remotely. Agree or disagree?
- Do you believe your school’s cafeteria could offer more vegan options?
- Should unhealthy food be taxed?
Argumentative Essay Topics for High School
Moving from amateur to professional: argumentative essay is a hard nut to crack. You must persuade people only with the power of ice-cold logic. Can you change people’s minds on these topics by giving only objective reasons and facts?
- Do you believe cancel culture is a positive or negative influence on public discourse?
- Do you think the voting age should be raised, lowered, or left as is?
- In your opinion, should the minimum marrying age in your state be raised, lowered, or left as is?
- Do you think the legal drinking age should be lowered in the US?
- Do you believe your school dress code is too restrictive or too permissive?
- Do you believe weight-based airline fares are discriminatory?
- Is it discriminatory to show job ads to a specific age group of social media users?
- Do you agree with the statement, “Gun violence is caused by mental illness, so gun control won’t prevent another mass shooting tragedy?” Why/why not?
- Can a job application requirement to have a college degree be discriminatory?
- Do you think standardized tests are obsolete?
Informative Essay Topics for High School
Writing an informative essay is easy. If you are well-informed, that is. If not, you will need to spend a couple of hours researching your topic. Which is always great in our book. Here at PaperHelp, we love learning!
- Black Death pandemic and its cultural influence
- Climate change and its impact on wildlife
- Literary archetypes, stock characters, and stereotypes
- Write about one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Write about your favorite Polar explorer
- The life and challenges of the early American settlers
- Bipolar disorder: myths and facts
- The brief history of piracy
- Cultural appropriation and why it’s problematic
- Privacy vs. security dilemma and ways of resolving it
Expository Essay Topics for High School
Expository essays thoroughly investigate a topic, objectively laying it out in all its complexity. Care to dig into some of these?
- Types of cognitive bias and ways to overcome it
- History of women in coding
- A brief history of romantic love
- Were the knights of the Middle Ages actually chivalrous?
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and its modern forms
- Abortion rights debate: timeline of confrontation
- The benefits of art therapy for mental and physical health
- Cold war and its impact on American culture
- Indigenous languages of America and political recognition
- Imperialism and internal colonization
Narrative Essay Topics for High School Students
Basically, you have to tell a story for this assignment. It doesn’t have to be super-creative, but expressive means and figurative language are welcome. Paint a picture with words – and here is your inspiration.
- Tell a story of your perfect day: real or imaginary
- What was the scariest thing you have ever done?
- Tell about the first time you fell in love
- Describe your first day in a new school
- Have you ever been in a dangerous situation? What happened? How did it make you feel?
- What was the most memorable summer trip you had?
- Share a story from your family lore (how your parents met, how your grandparents came to live in a new place, etc.)
- What is your most treasured possession? Why is it so dear to you? How did you obtain it?
- Tell a story from the perspective of a library book
- Tell a story about luck (good or bad)
World History Essay Topics for High School Students
World history is huge, insane, and fascinating. Unfortunately, too huge to fit here in all its glory. Here are some highlights if you want to explore particular topics closer.
- Stone Age technology and most significant inventions
- Findings of the Cactus Hill Archeological Site
- Sumerian tablets and the dawn of the writing system
- Egyptian belief system and architecture: evolutions and revolutions
- Viking legacy in Europe and around the world
- Imperial Tombs of the Ming and Qing Dynasties
- Economic and social outcomes of the Age of Exploration
- Enlightenment and its impact on political systems
- The primary outcomes of the Springtime of the Peoples in 19th-century Europe
- World War I and its impact on society and culture
Science High School Essay Topics
Science in its pure form might seem boring for many. Yet once you see how it works in everyday life, it’s nothing short of awesome. See for yourself!
- The technology that transformed the world: which is the greatest invention of all times, in your opinion?
- A brief history of electricity
- Why is a perpetual motion machine impossible?
- Which of the science fiction antigravity devices could hypothetically exist without breaking the laws of physics?
- Food waste as a source of clean energy
- Colloids, solutions, and suspensions and their application in everyday life
- The chemistry behind diagnostic reagent strips
- The primary evidence of evolution we can observe today
- The history of blood transfusion
- Urban ecosystems and their influence on biodiversity
Literature High School Essay Topics
Literature is the closest thing to a time machine we have. Dive into the life, dreams, and fears of yore with these topics.
- Feminist icons of Greek tragedies
- Kennings and their use in modern culture
- Anglo-Saxon values and culture in Beowulf
- Fourteenth-century Christian society structure in Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales
- Why don’t we laugh at Shakespeare’s comedies anymore?
- Andrew Marvell as a poet of nature
- Heathcliff from Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights : Gothic villain or Byronic hero?
- Edgar Allan Poe: the epitome of a tormented genius
- Steam of consciousness writing and its influence beyond the Modernist era
- Wealth and glamour in the F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby
Geography High School Essay Topics
We talk a lot about the world getting small and turning into one global village. Yet do we really know this “little” place all that well? Let’s find out!
- What are the main five themes of geography as a science?
- What were the main seafaring limitations in the age of sail?
- Modern tools of geography: maps, GPS, GIS
- Choose one macrogeographic region and describe its terrain, climate zones, and population
- The timeline of anthropogenic influences on climate
- What are the main objections to the terraforming of deserts on Earth?
- Greatest volcanic eruptions and their aftermath
- Choose one alternative source of energy and describe its advantages and challenges
- The geopolitics of rare Earth elements and their role in the globalization
- Main tools of meteorology and weather forecasting
If you find some of the topics above fascinating but a bit too complex, request a customized sample! Our expert writers will prepare a model essay for you. Learn working with sources, structuring, formatting, and writing from the pros!
Elissa Smart is an omnipotent demiurge behind PaperHelp's blog. Driven by seething creativity, not only she helps students with particular research and writing requests, but also finds the energy to share her extensive expertise via blog posts. A Barclay College graduate, Elissa puts her BA in Psychology & Family Studies and MA in Transformational Leadership degrees to good use, being of benefit to readers who are willing to learn from accomplished experts. She can also talk about boating on the Lake Superior by the hour, roots for Atlanta Falcons, and loves to sing in thick woods.
What Should I Write My College Essay About? – Tips for Instant Inspiration
10 Ways to Set Yourself Up for a Great Time in College During Your First Semester
60 Hot Trending Topics for Academic Papers and Essays to Explore While 2021 Is Still Running
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.
- How It Works
- Prices & Discounts
How to Choose Good Essay Topics for High School (+65 Topics for Inspiration)
Table of contents
You’ve just been assigned an essay.
Usually, your professor assigns a specific topic, but this time, you’ve been asked to pick a topic.
At the outset, choosing your topic might seem like a blessing, but it’s not as straightforward as it seems.
Although there could be millions of topics to write about, there’s no appropriate knowledge. Like it or not, most poorly-graded essays result from an incorrect choice of topic.
So yes, the pressure is on.
This article will teach you how to choose good essay topics for your high school essay.
6 Strategies to Choose Good Essay Topics for High School
From not abiding by the essay prompt and picking a topic you know nothing about to choosing one that’s too narrow or broad -- there are several mistakes high school students make when choosing essay topics.
This is crucial because the topic selection can make or break your essay. Here are some valuable tips to remember while choosing essay topics for high school.
1. Brainstorm topic ideas
The first thing to do before looking for the perfect topic for your high school essay is to brainstorm.
Think about ideas -- write down whatever comes to your mind. You don't have to use all the ideas you write down, but it is helpful to have choices.
Look for topics that you are interested in. These topics will make your entire essay process a lot more enjoyable and thorough.
There are many methods for successful brainstorming -- list the pros and cons for each topic or create a mind map. Write your topic in the center and branch your ideas into sub-topics connected to the main topic. This will help you to organize your thoughts and ideas visually.
Here’s an interesting video by Edraw on using ming-maps for brainstorming essay topics
2. Choose something that interests you
As you brainstorm ideas for your essay topics, make sure you opt for topics that you find exciting or ones you’re passionate about.
Don't go for boring, played-out topics that have been written by people multiple times. If you write an unenthusiastic essay on a boring topic, you will never be able to write a stellar essay and get the grades you desire.
Try to expand your writing horizons by exploring something new, something different. Only then can you put your heart and soul into crafting an essay that will stand out amongst all the others.
3. Do preliminary research
Always remember that just because the topic is attractive doesn't mean that you will find enough information to start your research on it.
Before you lock your topic, have a good amount of knowledge on what you’re planning to write your essay on and research, research, research!
Go through various websites and journals to see whether there is enough background material on the topic you’re considering.
The last thing you want is to be left with a topic that hardly gives you scope to research and build your essay.
4. Read the prompt carefully
Understand the writing prompt of your essay well so that you can do justice to it.
Evaluate what kind of essay your professor would like to see through the given prompt and ask yourself questions -- does the essay want you to compare and contrast or find differences and similarities? Does it want you to take a stand on an issue? Is it supposed to be a reflective essay , or is it supposed to be a cause-and-effect essay that focuses on the consequences that are derived through specific actions, decisions, or events?
Figure out how to express your opinions clearly, keeping in mind that you must adhere to the fast outline and submit a quality essay.
5. Consider the word count
One of the essential points to remember while writing your high school essay is the length.
If the topic is too broad, it will lead you to overgeneralize since you may have so much material in your hands that it would never fit into a 4-page high school essay. You’ll find yourself going in too many directions, and your essay will lack focus.
At the same time, your chosen topic should also not be too narrow because you need to have enough information related to your topic to write a quality, well-researched essay.
A topic that’s too specific will leave you with a minimal research scope, making it impossible to write an in-depth essay about it.
So, make it a point to look at sources from which you can retrieve information on the topic of your choice and ensure you stay true to the word count.
6. Take a different approach
If there are no interesting topic ideas that come to mind after brainstorming, it is okay to reuse a topic that you have previously written on.
The trick is to approach the same subject with a completely different perspective. There is no reason to write the same essay on the same topic twice.
For example, if you had previously written about the history of capital punishment in the USA, you can now approach your topic from a cause-and-effect angle. It’s like old wine in a new bottle if packaged correctly.
65 Good Essay Topics for High School Students
Topics on humanity.
1. Gay partners and child adoption.
2. Surrogate mothers and societal worldview.
3. Violence in media content.
4. Sex education in middle school.
5. Should homework be abolished?
6. Children's exposure to media.
7. Why domestic gender violence is on the rise?
8. Using animals to conduct research experiments is wrong.
9. Parents should monitor the website their children visit.
10. Should women be allowed into extreme sports?
11. The state of feminism in American society.
12. Exploring unfair child labor in the workplace.
Topics on technology
13. Cyber security.
14. How can technology help in preventing terrorist attacks?
15. How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
16. How close did we get to artificial intelligence?
17. How do regular people influence technological progress?
18. The future of the internet.
Topics on environment
19. The climatic change in the last 30 years.
20. Why do some believe that global warming is a hoax?
21. What are the best ways to reduce global warming?
22. How does global warming alter wildlife?
23. Ocean pollution.
24. Ways of reducing air pollution.
25. How can alternative types of energy help to preserve the Earth’s natural resources?
26. Recycling to make the world better.
27. Recycling to make the world a better place.
28. Endangered species.
29. Drinking water for all and how to achieve it.
Topics on legal issues
30. Should marijuana be legalized at the national level?
31. Are punishments for sex crimes fair?
32. Should there be a law preventing cyberbullying?
33. Various laws on abortion around the world.
34. How do prostitution laws differ around the world?
Topics on business
35. How can one turn a business idea into a successful startup?
36. Influence of creative marketing on your sales.
37. Effect of taxation on small businesses.
38. Effective time management for big and small teams.
39. Multitasking as a productive method of work.
40. Sexual harassment in the working environment.
41. How can benefits make your employees happy?
42. The most successful businesses in the first two decades of the 21st century.
Topics on World politics
43. How did Angela Markel change Europe?
44. The consequences of Brexit for European values.
45. How can world politicians unite against the threat that Russia poses?
46. Can North and South Korea unite again?
47. How can we eliminate dictatorial regimes in the 21st century?
48. Conflict in Africa.
49. How can the world unit fight racism.
Topics on religion
50. Is Christianity at its dusk?
51. Can any religion justify crimes against humanity?
52. The most popular new age religion.
53. Sexual abuse in the church.
54. Should religious beliefs influence health matters?
55. Oppression of women by various religions.
56. The political context of the global religions throughout time.
57. Myths of creation through global religion.
58. Formation of new religions.
Topics on health
59. Impacts of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana on the human body.
60. Vaccination in the 21st century.
61. Controversial issues of birth control.
62. How can research help cure AIDs.
63. The importance of mental health.
64. Anorexia and obesity.
65. Effects of fats on the human body and mind.
Conclusion: Choose Good Essay Topics for High School
Essay writing in high school is an integral part of academic life, and a good topic can create a favorable impression in the minds of the faculty. Besides fetching good grades, it also enhances developmental skills and intellectual growth.
After all, when you know what to say, it is so much more likely that you will say it well. Choose the right topic for your essay, and you’re sure to write a winning essay.
If you are stuck, don’t hesitate to contact Writers Per Hour. Whether you’ve been assigned a topic or not, our writers can help you with it all.
From picking the right topic to submitting an original high-school essay, Writers Per Hour is here to help you with all your essay writing woes.
Last edit at Jul 27 2023
What does your service do?
Do you have free essay samples?
How much does it cost?
How to order my essay?
Share this article
Sign up and get 20% off on a custom paper
By entering your email above you agree to receive our periodical marketing emails. We do not sell or share your personal information.
- Buy Custom Personal Statement
- Do My Math Problems Online
- Write My Book Report for Me
- Buy College Paper Now
- Marketing Plan Writing Service
- Write My Thesis
- Do My Accounting Assignment
- Write My Essay Fast
- Do My Case Study For Me
- Buy Extended Essay
- Buy Persuasive Essay
- Buy ToK Essay
- Paper Editing Service
- Pay Someone to Write My Paper
- IA writing service
- Do My Powerpoint
- Buy Analysis Essay
- Write My Speech
- Buy Research Proposal
- Write My Lab Report
- Do My Research Paper
- Write My Discussion Post
- Write My Annotated Bibliography
- Professional Dissertation Writer
- Capstone Project Writer
- Urgent Essay Writing Service
- Write My Assignment
- Write My Literature Review
- Psychology Essay Writing Service
- Do My Coursework
- Buy Biology Paper
- Write My Philosophy Paper
- Buy Non Plagiarized Essay
Essay Writing Guide
Last updated on: Nov 20, 2023
Essay Topics: 100+ Best Essay Topics for your Guidance
By: Nova A.
13 min read
Reviewed By: Rylee W.
Published on: Jan 29, 2019
Let’s face it, essay writing can be tedious and boring. Spending hours to write a good essay is difficult, and brainstorming essay topic ideas can be even more confusing.
This is what makes writing essays difficult and time-consuming. Luckily, you can learn essay writing with practice and by following some good examples. But before that, you should know how to choose a good and engaging topic for your essay.
To help you get started, we have categorized a list of a number of different types of essay topic lists.
On this Page
Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay investigates a topic in great detail, forms an argument over it, and defends it using supporting data.
Below are some good argumentative essay topic ideas to help you draft winning essays.
- School students should be allowed to curate their high school curriculum.
- The role of physical education in the school system.
- Should the death sentence be implemented globally?
- It should be illegal to use certain types of animals for experiments and other research purposes.
- Should the government do more to improve accessibility for people with physical disabilities?
- Do people learn the art of becoming a politician, or are they born with it?
- Social media platform owners should monitor and block comments containing hateful language.
- Does technology play a role in making people feel more isolated?
- Will there ever be a time when there will be no further technological advancements?
- It should be illegal to produce and sell tobacco.
- Girls should be motivated to take part in sports.
- Rape victims should abort their unborn children.
- Fathers should get equal paternity leave.
- Do teenagers get into trouble because they are bored?
- Individuals who have failed at parenting should be punished.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.
- Covid-19 vaccination has more cons than pros.
- Social media is the real cause of teenage depression.
- Is the American education system perfect for society?
- Recycling should be made compulsory.
Choosing a strong topic is key to writing a great essay. Have a look at our blog to select good argumentative essay topics to impress the audience.
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is similar to an argumentative paper. However, in it, the writer wants to convince the readers of their point of view. Simple essay topics would make better essays as they help the students stay focused.
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay topics for you:
- Energy drinks should be banned in schools and colleges.
- Gambling should be banned in the United States.
- Should abortions be banned worldwide?
- Hunting is an immoral act.
- Is it okay to use animals in a circus?
- Harmful dogs should be euthanized.
- Cell phones should not be allowed in schools.
- Teachers should pass a professional exam, just like students.
- Schools should reduce the workload on students.
- Sex education should be mandatory in high schools.
- Vlogging isn’t an actual profession.
- Is LinkedIn helpful for finding a job?
- Social media has played a big role in increasing business opportunities.
- Is Java becoming obsolete?
- Should employers go through the candidate’s social media profiles?
- Animal testing should be banned.
- Violent video games should be banned.
- Parents with mental disabilities should not be allowed to adopt children.
- Alcohol consumption should be legalized in Muslim countries.
- Every person should get Covid-19 vaccination.
For your help, we have gathered a wide range of persuasive essay topics . Give it a read.
Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay describes a specific thing by using sensory data. It is done to engage the reader’s five senses (taste, touch, smell, hearing, sight).
The following is a list of descriptive essay topic ideas for the students.
- The person who is responsible for making a difference in my life.
- Describe a smartphone and its benefits to someone from the ‘60s.
- The most interesting piece of art I have ever seen.
- Describe the experience of falling in love.
- What does a place that only exists in your imagination look like?
- Describe meeting a famous person.
- Describe yourself and your personality to a stranger.
- What will life be like in 2050?
- An experience that changed my life forever.
- Your idea of the perfect day.
- My first trip abroad.
- The most significant event in American History.
- A popular book series that disappointed you.
- A look into my daily life.
- A day in the life of an ER doctor.
- A trip to the museum.
- The most interesting movie I watched during my summer vacation.
- My favorite childhood memory.
- An incident that changed my life.
- An incident that restored my faith in humanity.
Here are some more descriptive essay topics to help you find a good idea for your essay.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, your goal is to share a personal experience by telling a story. This creative form of writing depends on how strong and exciting the theme is. The article topics for students given here are carefully curated and would help the students do good in their essays.
Some examples and topics of narrative topic ideas are presented below.
- The experience that taught me how looks could be deceiving.
- A week without internet and technology.
- The impact your first love had on your life.
- How much did your teachers contribute to making you the person you are today?
- An experience that made you realize your parents were or weren’t always right.
- A moment when someone you didn’t like surprised you with kindness.
- The influence technology has had on your hobbies and life.
- An achievement outside of academic life?
- Which school lesson had the biggest influence on your life?
- A day when you fought procrastination.
- The time you faced rejection.
- The time when you stood against your parents.
- An experience that left you helpless.
- The time you prayed to be an only child.
- An act of kindness you can never forget.
- Death of a loved one.
- Your biggest pet peeve.
- Your definition of a perfect weekend.
- The things you regret most in life.
- Your first experience of an air trip.
Choosing interesting narrative essay topics is essential to make the content compelling for the readers.
Research Essay Topics
While writing a research essay, the most crucial step is choosing a topic for your essay. Select a topic that is broad enough to compose an entire research essay on it.
Below are some of the best topics for your research essay.
- Effects of violent cartoons on children.
- Should universities provide accommodations to disabled students?
- Events and experiences I agree are causing the increase in terrorism.
- How do technology and gadgets affect the studies of children?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school?
- Universities are becoming business-driven.
- Does college debt affect the future lives of students?
- Why has the divorce rate changed in the past decade?
- Schools should allow the use of smartphones in school.
- Effective ways to decrease depression among our youth.
- Analyze the relationship between the United States of America and North Korea.
- Why did the UK decide to leave the EU?
- Is it true that students learn better in a same-sex school?
- How does giving kids different gadgets affect their studies?
- Compare the immigration policies of two different countries.
- Events that lead to World War I.
- Pros and cons of studying abroad.
- How has Covid-19 influenced the education system of the world?
- Individual acts that lead to Global Warming.
- Effectiveness of the policies made to control Covid-19.
Looking for more? We have an extensive range of research essay topics to make the audience fall in love with your work.
Expository Essay Topics
While writing an expository essay, you have to explain and clarify your topic clearly to the readers.
Below is a list of expository essay topics:
- Why do teenagers commit suicide?
- What is the impact of music on our youth?
- What are the consequences of skipping school?
- Why do teenagers use drugs?
- How can pets make you happy and improve your life?
- Consequences of having alcoholic drinks within a school campus.
- How does drug use affect relationships?
- Is global warming a cause of skin cancer?
- Is sodium bad for your health?
- What is the line between being overweight and being obese?
- Why do you want to pursue your desired career?
- Explain how advancements in science improve the quality of life for humans.
- What are some unconventional ways of relieving stress?
- If you could swap your lives with someone, who would it be and why?
- What are some major stress factors in a teenager’s life?
- Why is getting a degree important for job life?
- Pros and cons of getting financial aid.
- How emotional support animals help in treating mental conditions.
- How does prostitution influence society?
- The environmental causes of smoking.
5StarEssays.com has gathered an additional and extensive list of expository essay topics .
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In a compare and contrast essay, you evaluate and analyze the similarities and differences between the two subjects. Your reader must be able to form an opinion after weighing the pros and cons you have set forth.
Below are some topics for you to choose for your compare and contrast paper:
- Extroverts and introverts.
- Generation Y Vs. Generation Z.
- Traditional Helicopters Vs. Lifesize Drones.
- Unemployed students Vs. students with a part-time job.
- SAT and TOEFL.
- Persuasive and argumentative essays - How are they similar?
- How were the causes of World War I different from the causes of World War II?
- Education vs. professional career: what is more difficult?
- Real-life or spending your time daydreaming.
- Consequences of earthquake and tsunami: what’s worse?
- Being popular in high school or alone?
- Part-time work or studying for a higher degree?
- Getting married at an old age or a young age?
- Fashion today Vs. twenty years ago.
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton.
- Democracy Vs. Dictatorship
- Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Benefits of drinking tea Vs. coffee.
- Greek and Roman methodologies - Similarities and differences.
- Traditional Vs. distant learning.
Get more interesting compare and contrast essay topics at 5StarEssays.com to impress your instructors.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The cause and effect essay explains why something happens and what happens as a result of those happenings. A cause and effect essay is a type of expository essay.
Here are a few topics for your cause and effect essay:
- What are the causes of eating disorders?
- Effects of climate change and global warming.
- The effects of the Feminism movement.
- What are the causes of increasing depression among teenagers?
- What are the causes of suicidal thoughts?
- Is keeping a pet effective in calming your mind?
- How does divorce affects children?
- Why are men afraid of commitment?
- Effects of social media on youth.
- Has social media affected relationships among families?
- Discuss the effects of homeschooling on children.
- Causes of heart diseases.
- Causes of sibling rivalry.
- Cramming doesn't help improve test scores.
- Cause and effect of depression in the workplace.
- How do abusive parents influence the mental stability of a child?
- Causes and effects of bullying.
- Causes of obesity in teenagers.
- Effects of taking a balanced diet on health?
- Causes and effects of insomnia.
To get more ideas, visit our cause and effect essay topics that are remarkable and well-suited for a great essay.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Argumentative essay topics are quite popular assignments in universities. If you are a student searching for a captivating argumentative essay topic, here is a list of ideas you can consider.
- Third world war should be prevented by the Russian and US governments.
- Political policies and practices affecting students.
- Is gun control effective in reducing crime?
- Same-sex marriage and constitutional law.
- Is society over-regulated?
- Are leaders born or made?
- No one should be above the law.
- Monarchy: pros and cons.
- Rules on Political Activities by Federal Employees.
- The most corrupt countries in the world.
- Mercy killing should be legalized in all countries of the world.
- Death penalties should be abolished.
- Third-world countries should be provided with education plans by the developed countries.
- Muslims should not be labeled as terrorists.
- Illegal immigrants should be given equal rights.
- Abortions should be legalized.
- Live-in relationships should be encouraged.
- Professional athletes should be allowed to consume steroids.
- Should physical punishments be given to children?
- Smoking in public should be an offensive crime.
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Are you looking for some funny argumentative essay topics for your essay? If so, choose a topic from the following list.
- Why do people like watching funny videos?
- What your cat is really thinking.
- Why spam emails should be your favorite type of email.
- Why wearing braces is fun.
- School dropouts are the best in our society.
- Why I don't like country music.
- Types of dates.
- A better way to get things done.
- What organic food really is.
- Things guys do that girls hate.
- How to annoy your friend.
- Why do women pretend that they enjoy sports?
- Things preventing you from completing your homework in time.
- Funny things we see in wedding ceremonies.
- Why are spam emails more interesting?
- Why does Starbucks coffee taste better?
- Why are backbenchers smarter than other students?
- Clowns are scarier than funny.
- Should we be maintaining social distancing even after Covid-19?
- Why is watching movies better than reading books?
Informative Essay Topics for Students
Essay writing requires depth. However, you don’t have to choose a complex topic in middle school, high school, or college.
Here is a list of interesting essay topics for middle school, high school, and college students.
Essay Topics for College Students
- Virtual classes cannot replace the traditional class system.
- Advantages and disadvantages of online classes.
- Is there a need to reform the college education system?
- Assault weapons should not be legal.
- People with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to purchase firearms.
- The taxation system needs to be changed around the globe.
- Kids should not be the target audience in advertising.
- The number of calories should be mentioned with every meal.
- Feminists have effectively improved the workforce for women.
- Is the death penalty effective?
- How to identify fake news?
- How to maintain a healthy life?
- How to treat PTSD naturally?
- Should people be judged on their appearance?
- How is technology influencing the work performance of people?
- Private Vs. public schools
- How to choose majors in high school?
- Impact of legalizing drugs on society.
- Significance of learning social values.
- How to prevent bullying on campus?
Essay Topics for High School
- The choice to join the armed forces should be an individual decision.
- Listening to music can increase work efficiency.
- Being honest has more cons than pros.
- People who have been in an accident value life more than others.
- Embarrassing moments help boost your confidence.
- Kindness is the most valuable personal trait.
- Spontaneity can improve your life.
- Can hobbies help improve the richness of one’s life?
- Dressing properly in the office improves work efficiency
- Being organized can help in school as well as the office.
- Impact of homosexuality on society.
- What is feminism?
- How to overcome fears and phobias?
- Significance of having leadership skills in job life?
- Causes and treatments for bipolar disorder.
- Side effects of consuming antidepressants.
- How important is mental health in succeeding professionally?
- How do teaching methods influence learning abilities?
- Should specially-abled people be allowed to work in offices?
- Discrimination and racism in the US.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Essay Topics for Middle School
- Every child should have chores at home.
- There should not be any summer classes.
- Should students continue studying during summer vacation?
- Parents should pay attention to the amount of time their children spend watching television.
- Favorite family summer vacation.
- Sports should be mandatory in every school.
- Processed foods should not be part of private and public school lunch.
- Do students still use newspapers for research?
- Every individual should spend a year doing community service.
- The weekend should be 3 days long.
Still need help choosing an essay topic? 5StarEssays is a professional essay writing service that helps you get a high quality essay. We have a team of essay writers who are professionals and can do your essay .
We also have an AI-powered paper writer for you to help you generate an essay in seconds to use as a reference!
As a Digital Content Strategist, Nova Allison has eight years of experience in writing both technical and scientific content. With a focus on developing online content plans that engage audiences, Nova strives to write pieces that are not only informative but captivating as well.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write an Essay - A Complete Guide with Examples
- The Art of Effective Writing: Thesis Statements Examples and Tips
- Writing a 500 Word Essay - Easy Guide
- What is a Topic Sentence - An Easy Guide with Writing Steps & Examples
- A Complete Essay Outline - Guidelines and Format
- 220 Best Transition Words for Essays
- Essay Format: Detailed Writing Tips & Examples
- How to Write a Conclusion - Examples & Tips
- How to Title an Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide for Effective Titles
- How to Write a Perfect 1000 Word Essay
- How To Make An Essay Longer - Easy Guide For Beginners
- Learn How to Start an Essay Effectively with Easy Guidelines
- Types of Sentences With Examples
- Hook Examples: How to Start Your Essay Effectively
- Essay Writing Tips - Essential Do’s and Don’ts to Craft Better Essays
- How To Write A Thesis Statement - A Step by Step Guide
- Art Topics - 200+ Brilliant Ideas to Begin With
- Writing Conventions and Tips for College Students
People Also Read
- how to write a compare and contrast essay
- writing a book review
- types of press release
- research paper example
- expository essay topics
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
- Homework Services: Essay Topics Generator
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- LOG IN Processing...
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SIGN UP Processing...
- SEND PASSWORD
5-Paragraph Essay Topics for Middle School: 20 Ideas of the Hottest Issues to Discuss
In middle school, 5-paragraph essays are one of the most common types of papers to write. This structure is pretty straightforward and easy to follow. Most students are somewhat successful with it and can adapt to the organization easily.
What’s not so easy is coming up with essay topics. Some teachers are going to be rather strict about what students can and cannot write about. Other times, students are given quite a bit of freedom to choose their own 5-paragraph essay topics.
5-paragraph essays typically consist of an introduction, three supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion. For example, if someone was writing a 5 paragraph essay on why basketball is the best sport ever, their essay structure might look like this:
Introduction Reason 1 Reason 2 Reason 3 Conclusion
The introduction should give a preview of what’s to come without giving it away. Each paragraph should have supporting information, such as stories, facts, statistics, and more. The conclusion should summarize the key points.
You can use this list to help you to come up with a topic. Keep in mind that it can be helpful to choose a topic that is truly meaningful to you. Then, your research and writing will not feel as difficult. Of course, your teachers will give you some restrictions. This might mean that you don’t enjoy the writing. Still, try to choose relevant topics when you can.
It’s good to have a topic list available when you’re getting started. It can also be helpful to use a cheap essay writing service to help to ensure that you’re on the right track. To do this, search for companies where you can buy essay cheap services. A professional writer will create a paper for you to use as a guide.
For example, you will be able to see the structure and the organization of a 5-paragraph essay. It’s very important that you do the work on your own and don’t turn in the professionally written one.
With a combination of these essay topics and the help of a professional writer, you’ll be on the right track in no time!
5 Paragraph Essay Topics to Begin Working on Your Next Essay
- What Ways Can You Prevent Bullying In Your Community or at School? What Can You Do to Raise Awareness?
- Should Standardized Tests Be Required In Schools? Why or Why Not?
- What Are Some Alternatives To Standardized Testing In Schools? Will They Work As Well?
- How Can We Prevent Animal Extinction And Endangerment? What Can We Do As a Country or a State? What Can Individuals Do?
- Should E-books Or Physical Textbooks Be Used in Schools? Why?
- Should Cell Phones And Other Electronic Devices Be Allowed At School? If So, at What Times? What Regulations Should Be Put on Them?
- Should Students Have More Freedom at School? In What Areas?
- Why Is Or Isn’t Education Important? Does It Contribute to One’s Success?
- What Are Some of the Changes That Should Be Made at School? How Can These Changes Be Made?
- Should Middle School Students Be Given Free Time or Recess During the School Day? Would This Improve School Performance or Take Away From Instructional Time?
- In What Ways Does Peer Pressure Affect Individuals? For Better or For Worse?
- What Is Important to Have In a Friendship? Why?
- Is Too Much Pressure Put On Students to Participate In Extracurricular Activities?
- Is Fast Food to Blame For the Obesity Problem?
- How Does Music Influence Student Performance During Homework, Tests or Writing?
- Why Should Students Be Allowed to Listen to Music During Tests?
- Should Students Be Required to Bring Their Own Computers or Tablets to School?
- Should Movie Ratings Be Changed So That More People Can See Them?
- Should Middle School Students Be Allowed to See Higher Rated Films?
- What Should The Curfew Be In The State or at Your Home? Why?
As you can see, there are plenty of topics to choose from for your 5-paragraph essay. Be sure to use these suggestions! You might also want to search for “ write my essay for cheap ” to find someone to help you learn the structure.
Angelina Bennett is a college adventurer, shopaholic and dreamer. She has, perhaps, the widest circle of offline friends, but despises aggressive online presence. “Be true” is her motto. She explains her life philosophy in her personal blog at CheapEssay.net – a website for international students. View all posts by Angelina Bennett
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
I Know Where To Look For Custom University Essay
Discover High Quality College Papers
We Offer High School Papers For Any Occasion
It takes just a few minutes!
View the progress and communicate with support
Approve the completed order and download the assignment