Blog Pendidikan dan Informasi
SPM Bahasa Inggeris: Contoh Karangan (English Essays) Form 4, 5
Contoh Karangan Bahasa Inggeris SPM (English Essays/ Writing) MUET/ SPM. Tingkatan 4, 5, 6. Form 4, 5, 6. Sekolah Menengah. Secondary School. (52) (2/2)
Sebenarnya setiap kejayaan yang kita kecapi dalam hidup bertitik tolak daripada daya usaha dan kerajinan bak kata rajin berusaha tangga kejayaan!
Ketepatan maksud kata hikmat tersebut bersinonim pula dengan makna peribahasa Melayu, iaitu “kalau tidak dipecahkan ruyung, manakan dapat sagunya”.
Jelaslah bahawa kejayaan seseorang berpunca daripada kerajinan walaupun aspek kecerdasan dan kebestarian akal tidak boleh diketepikan.
Jangan biarkan kemalasan menjadi penghalang kepada kemajuan dan kesejahteraan hidup kita.
English SPM Paper 2 : Writing
(Fmk) (Prk) 
Part 1 : Short Communicative Message
Answers : Short Communicative Message
Part 2 : Guided Writing
Answers : Guided Writing
Part 3 : Extended Writing
Answers : Extended Writing, Article Writing, Review Writing, Report Writing
Answers : Narrative Writing
English SPM Paper 2 : Writing
(MIP) (Trg) 
Part 1 : Short Message
Part 2 : Guided Essay
Part 3 : Review
Part 3 : Article
Part 3 : Story
Part 3 : Report
(PTRS) (Sel) 
Writing Paper (1)
Writing Paper (2)
Answers (PTRS) (Sel) 
Koleksi Contoh Karangan Bahasa Inggeris Tingkatan 5 KSSM
Form 5 sample essays.
(SMKSP) (Srw) 
Guided Writing / Mind Map
SPM English Writing Module :
Extended Writing (Article Writing, Review Writing, Story Writing)
SPM English Writing Module (Short Communicative Message) + Answers
Koleksi Contoh Karangan Bahasa Inggeris (English Essays) SPM, Tingkatan 4, 5
Friendship Is More Important Than Money. Do You Agree ?
Haze: A Danger To Health
Haze: A Danger To Health (Directed Writing)
Honesty Is The Best Policy (Story)
How I Spent My Holidays
How To Be A Responsible Student (Speech)
How To Be A Wise Consumer
How To Beautify The School (Formal Letter)
How To Develop Reading Skill In Children
How To Find A Right Job
How To Reduce Traffic Congestion (Formal Letter)
Informal Letter (Directed Writing)
Informal Letter (Visit To Pulau Langkawi)
Interview A Policeman
It Was The Last Day Of School
Keeping Pets Is Good. Do You Agree ?
Letter Of Application (Directed Formal Letter)
Letter Of Complain (Formal Letter)
Letter Of Complaint (Stray Dogs)
Letter To Newspapers: Expressing Concern On Child Abuse
Lost At Shopping Mall
Making Use of Bottles As Decorative Items (Speech)
Mobile Phones Are A Nuisance. Do You Agree ?
Mother’s Day Celebration
Movie Review Essay (Lion King)
My Best Friend
My Favorite Subject In School
My Favourite Place
My Favourite TV Programme
My First Day At School
My Life Years From Now
My Most Embarrassing Situation
My Most Unforgettable Character
My Mother (Descriptive Essay)
Nuclear Energy – Good Or Bad ?
Online Shopping Versus The Local Mall
Picnic At Seaside
Police Report On Accident
Proverb ‘Do Not Judge A Book By Its Cover’. Describe An Experience When This Was True For You
Report (Fire In Laboratory)
Report (Problems In School Library)
Report To Principal – Complaint About School Canteen
Requesting For Permission To Voluntary Service (Formal Letter)
River Pollution (Formal Letter)
Road Safety (1)
Road Safety (2)
Road Safety (Speech)
Safety Tips When Going To School
Should Do’s And Should Not Do’s To Keep The School Clean, Hygienic and Safe
Should School Students Be Given A Mobile Phone? Discuss
Should School Students Be Given a Mobile Phone Discuss
Should Students Be Allowed To Work ? Discuss
Single Session School – Advantages and Disadvantages
Small Families Are Happier Families. Do You Agree ?
Social Networking Website
Speech: Love Your Environment Campaign
Study Skills (Speech)
Teacher’s Day (Speech)
Teachers’ Day (2)
Teenagers Don’t Smoke
The Advantages Of Sports In Schools
The Beauty Of Malaysia (Essay)
The Benefits of Taking Up Hobbies (Speech)
The Conservation Of Our Natural Forests (Speech)
The Government Should Not Continue With Compulsory National Service. Do You Agree ?
The Importance of Eating More Fruits and Vegetables
The Importance Of Examinations
The Importance Of Having A Budget
The Importance Of Making Friends
The Importance Of Studying English
The Importance Of Studying The English Language (Speech)
The Important Of Obeying School Regulations (Speech)
The Important Of Reading (Speech)
The Malaysian Tradition Of Having Open Houses Is Important And Should
The National Day Celebration
The Need For Rules
The Need For Self Discipline
The Night Market
The Person I Admire
The Person Who Has Influenced Me
The Unusual Experience
Tourism Is Good For Our Country. What Do You Think ?
Useful Ways To Spend Leisure Time
Visiting A Book Fair
Ways To Maintain A Good Health
Ways To Prevent Dengue
What Would You Do If You Had A Lot Of Money
Which Do You Prefer, Living in The Countryside or Living In The City? (City)
Which Do You Prefer, Living in The Countryside or Living in The City? (Countryside)
Why School Children Should Have Hobbies (Speech)
Women Can Be The Breadwinner In A Home. Discuss
Write About An Incident In Which You Acted Irresponsibly
Writing A Review Essay (TI)
Writing Tips And Essay Format English SPM (KSSM) (Zeti)
A Birthday Party
A Camping Experience
A Day I Wished Had Never Happened
A Difficult Life (Story)
A Festival Celebrated In Malaysia
A Hit-And-Run Accident
A Holiday At The Countryside
A Holiday I Would Never Forget
A Holiday In Cameron Highland
A Horror / Tragic Story
A Narrative Essay KSSM (Story)
A Picnic By The Sea
A Popular Tourist Spot That I Have Visited
A Road Accident (2)
A Trip To Mount Kinabalu
A Visit To SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
A Working Woman Makes A Useless Mother. State Your View
Accusation Of Stealing (Story)
Activities During The Year – The Caring Club of SMK (Report)
Advantages Of Unity
Advise Your Cousin On How To Lose Weight (Informal Letter)
An Unforgettable Experience
Anti Smoking Campaign Speech
Anti Smoking Campaign Speech Writing
Anti-Smoking Campaign (Speech)
Ban On Underage Smokers
Book Review Essay
Caning Is An Old-Fashioned Way Of Disciplining Students (Speech)
Caring For Our Old Folks
Cell phones – One of Our Greatest Technologies Misused
Challenges Of Home Learning During Covid 19 Pandemic
Co-Curricular Activities Are A Waste Of Time. Do You Agree?
Debate: “Advertisements Do More Good Than Harm”
Deepavali Celebration (Informal Letter)
Describe An Afternoon At The Bus Station
Describe An Important Family Celebration And How You Felt About It
Describe What Makes You Happy And Explain Why
Describe What You Understand About Success And Explain Why
Describe Your School Sports Day
Description on a Person – A Prominent Malaysian Leader
Descriptive Essays Describe What You Understand About Success and Explain Why
Directed Writing (Speech) : Obesity
‘Do Not Judge a Book By Its Cover’. Describe An Experience When This Was True For You.
Do You Think Homework Should Be Abolished ?
Does Academic Excellence Guarantees Success ? Discuss
Does School Prepare Us For Life
English Essay : Challenges Of Home Learning During Covid 19 Pandemic
Essay on Healthy Lifestyle
Essay on Mother’s Day In English For School Kids and Children Mother’s
Essay on My Best Friend – 7 Selected Essays on My Best Friend
Experience of Being In A Busy City
Families That Play Together Stay Together
Favourite Holiday Destination
Formal Letter: Complaint About Unsatisfactory Food And Restaurant Service
Formal Letter: Invite A Newspaper Reporter For Career Talk
Forms Of Discipline
- Contoh-Contoh Karangan (Essays) untuk Soalan Percubaan Bahasa Inggeris (English) SPM (1)
- Karangan Bahasa Inggeris (English Essays) SPM : Continuous Writing
- Karangan Bahasa Inggeris (English Essays) SPM : Directed Writing
- Karangan Bahasa Inggeris (English Essays) SPM : Argumentative Essays
Koleksi Nota Ringkas dan Padat, Soalan, Latihan, Modul Tingkatan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 dan Tahun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 :
- Koleksi Nota Ringkas dan Padat, Soalan, Latihan, Modul Tingkatan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 dan Tahun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Improve Your Spelling: Frequently Misspelled Words (1)
- Improve Your Spelling: Frequently Misspelled Words (2)
- Improve Your English : Frequently Confused Words (1)
- Improve Your English : Frequently Confused Words (2)
- Improve Your English : Frequently Confused Words (3)
- Improve Your English : Frequently Confused Words (4)
- Improve Your English : Frequently Confused Words (5)
- KOLEKSI Soalan Peperiksaan Percubaan SPM + Skema Jawapan (Semua Subjek) (Terkini)
- Koleksi Karangan Bahasa Melayu, Bahasa Inggeris (English Essays), Bahasa Arab, PA : SPM, STPM, MUET, Tingkatan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Tahun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Important English Grammar Notes for Essay Writing
- Narrative Essay Writing Tips for English SPM
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Bahasa Inggeris (English) Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Bahasa Inggeris (English) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Buku Teks Digital KSSM Tingkatan 4 (Empat)
- Koleksi Buku Teks Digital KSSM dan KBSM Tingkatan 5 (Lima)
Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
Koleksi soalan dan latihan tingkatan 5 + jawapan.
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Matematik Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Bahasa Melayu Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Bahasa Inggeris Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Sejarah Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Kimia Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Fizik Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Biologi Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Sains Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Pendidikan Islam Tingkatan 5 (SPM) + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Perniagaan Tingkatan 5 (SPM)+ Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Matematik Tambahan (Additional Mathematics) Tingkatan 5 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Matematik (Mathematics) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Bahasa Melayu Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Sejarah Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Sains (Science) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Biologi (Biology) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Fizik (Physics) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Kimia (Chemistry) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Matematik Tambahan (Additional Mathematics) Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Perniagaan Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Pendidikan Islam Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Geografi Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Soalan dan Latihan Tasawwur Islam Tingkatan 4 + Jawapan
- Koleksi Nota Ringkas dan Padat, Soalan, Latihan, KBAT, Peperiksaan, Ujian Tingkatan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 dan Tahun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- SPM, Tingkatan 5 : Soalan, Nota, Peperiksaan, Ujian, Bahan Rujukan Penting Semua Subjek
- Tingkatan 4 : Soalan, Nota, Peperiksaan, Ujian, Bahan Rujukan Penting Semua Subjek
- Bahan-Bahan Rujukan Penting dan Berguna untuk Subjek-Subjek Utama SPM, Tingkatan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, dan Tahun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Untuk mendapatkan segala Maklumat Terkini atau Updates blog Bumi Gemilang :
(1) Follow / Like Bumi Gemilang Facebook Page .
(2) Join / Sertai 2 Telegram Groups blog Bumi Gemilang .
- Join / Sertai 2 Telegram Groups To Follow Blog Bumi Gemilang
(3) Follow Twitter blog Bumi Gemilang .
Terima Kasih kerana membaca post ini.
Please Share This Post :
1 thought on “spm bahasa inggeris: contoh karangan (english essays) form 4, 5”, write a comment cancel reply.
Report (directed writing).
A Detailed Look At The SPM Guided Writing Essay (a.k.a General Essay)
Image by picjumbo.com
The SPM English Paper 2 is divided into three parts. In this article, we’ll focus on Part 2 of the SPM paper which is the guided writing essay (now known as the general essay). For a complete overview of the SPM English Paper 2 format, click here .
The SPM Guided Writing/ General Essay Format
Let’s start by looking at the structure of the Part 2 essay:
Wordcount: 125 to 150 words
Suggested time: 30 minutes
You must answer the question given. There are no options to choose from.
You will be given some notes as part of the question and you are required to respond to all of the points given.
Now, let’s look at a sample SPM guided writing/general essay question that was taken from one of the SPM trials in 2021. We’ll be using this sample question as an example throughout this article so make sure you take a good look!
As you can see from the above, you are given a short paragraph with some background on the task. You are then given three bullet points that you must address and include in your essay to fulfil the task requirements.
How to Write The SPM Guided Writing/General Essay
If you’re not sure how to start writing your essay, don’t worry, we’re here to help! Here are some easy steps for you to follow.
Step 1: Read the question carefully
As this is an SPM guided writing essay, you must write based on the information given so it’s important to make sure that you understand the question.
You can highlight keywords in the question such as the purpose of the essay as well as the points that you have to include so you don’t miss anything out. As the points already provide you with an outline of your essay, it makes it much easier for you to get started!
Step 2: Come up with ideas
Image by AbsolutVision
Next, think of potential responses that you can use for each bullet point. For example, in the sample question above, you have to write an essay about your choice of a holiday destination in Malaysia.
The first bullet point asks about the destination of your choice so think about the potential places that come to mind. You can then narrow down and choose a destination that you feel comfortable writing about.
The second point asks you to explain the reasons for your choice so brainstorm a list of potential answers and highlight reasons that you can expand on easily. Then, do the same for the third point. You can scribble your thoughts on a piece of paper so that you won’t forget!
Step 3: Plan your essay
Once you have some ideas on what to write about, start planning what your SPM guided writing essay would look like.
You might be familiar with the general essay structure which consists of an introduction, three to four content or body paragraphs and a conclusion. If you have not come across it before, check out tip 2 in Gurulab’s Essay Writing Top Tips by clicking here .
To give you a better idea of how to organise your essay, here are some ways that you can approach each paragraph:
To write the introduction in the SPM guided writing essay, you can often refer back to the notes in the question to form general opening statements. Your introduction can simply be two to three sentences long.
For the content paragraphs, you should address each of the points given in separate paragraphs to keep your essay well-organised. For example:
Body paragraph 1: Introduce the destination of your choice and offer some details about the place.
Body paragraph 2: Expand on the reasons that you chose the destination.
Body paragraph 3: Share the benefits that you’ll get from going on the getaway.
Each of your content paragraphs can be three to five sentences long .
In the conclusion, briefly restate the main points that your essay has addressed. Similar to the introduction, your conclusion can be two to three sentences long.
Step 4: Write your SPM guided writing/general essay!
Now that you know what your essay would look like, it’s time to write!
Pro tip: If you’re struggling to expand your points, PEEC is the acronym that could help you! Here’s what it stands for:
PEEC provides a framework that will help you elaborate your points to make your essay more detailed and interesting. For example:
“I’ve chosen Langkawi because I like water sports ( Point ). There are many types of water sports available there ( Explanation) such as kayaking, jet skiing and snorkelling ( Example ). These activities will make my holiday fun and exciting ( Conclusion ).”
If you’re now wondering what the full essay could look like, we’ve got it here for you too! We’ve used all of the steps and tips in this guide to come up with a sample essay based on the question above. Check it out below!
Image by Green Chameleon
Sample SPM Guided Writing Essay
Malaysia is home to many amazing holiday destinations. For my next holiday, I would like to visit Langkawi.
I’ve chosen Langkawi because I like water sports. There are many types of water sports available there such as kayaking, jet skiing and snorkelling. These activities will make my holiday fun and exciting.
Langkawi also has a cable car ride. Since my sister and I have never been on a cable car ride, we’ll get to go on our first one! The view must be great from the top.
Besides that, Langkawi is famous for duty-free shopping. My cousin’s wedding is coming soon and I know that my parents are still looking for a gift. If they find something there, we’ll be killing two birds with one stone!
Therefore, Langkawi is my ideal holiday destination because there’s something for everyone in the family. We’ll surely have a good time there.
Final Things To Keep In Mind
Don’t overwrite. For this SPM guided writing essay, you’re only required to write 125-150 words so just respond to all the points given.
Keep track of time. Break down the 30 minutes to include time for you to plan, write and check your essay.
Make sure you’re writing in the appropriate style (e.g: The question may ask you to write an article, report, or letter).
Master The SPM Guided Writing Essay With GuruLab
With practice, you will find that the steps in this guide will come naturally to you in no time. These steps are also applicable for the SPM English continuous writing essay in Part 3.
To score in your SPM English Paper 2, understanding the marking scheme will also give you an added advantage. At GuruLab, our team of tutors have extensive PT3 and SPM English grading experience. With detailed and personalised feedback, they can help you achieve the grades that you desire. For those looking to elevate their writing game, Gurulab’s English classes will help you discover your true potential.
We hope that you have found this in-depth write-up on the SPM guided writing/general essay helpful. For more useful tips to enhance your writing skills, sign up for GuruLab’s lessons today!
English Lessons Online: How To Choose The Right Provider And Make It Work For Your Child
English conversation for beginners: 4 steps to get fluent fast.
- Tuition Rate
- SPM EXAM TIPS
How to Score A+ in SPM English Writing - With Sample Answers and Answering Techniques
Find out how to score in SPM English Paper 2 from a real expert. Here, you will learn the tips to study the subject, go through SPM English writing pass year analysis and learn to answer SPM English essay exam questions through practical examples.
Get A English Home Tutor Now - It's FREE
- 1. Paper 1 in Summary
- 2. Paper 2 - Section 1
- 3. Paper 2 - Section 2
- 4. Paper 2 - Section 3
- 5. SPM English Essay Popular Topics
About the writer
SPM straight 10As. ATAR 81.85.
Hi, students! Welcome to here! Without any doubt, I believe you are here because you want to score an A in SPM English! From my experience, I would say, if you follow most of the tips provided below, in addition with a good grammar base and spelling, you will definitely have no problem in doing well on your English exam! Just do it and I believe you can make it successful!
Useful Documents for SPM English Examination
Here, you can find all latest SPM format, SPM exam time table, schema for SPM English, general information, etc.
Paper 1 in Summary
First and foremost, it is your PAPER 1 which is more about grammar and spelling questions. Do more exercise on your grammar and do more reading to expand your English vocabulary. That is the only piece of advice I can tell you as I would like to focus more on the PAPER 2 which takes more marks! For your information, the total marks for PAPER 1 is 40 marks and the total marks for PAPER 2 is 60 marks.
SPM English Paper 2 - Section 1
Section 1 is about writing an e-mail which is only a short communicative message with only a limitation of 80 words . In this part, you have no choice but to do it by answering directly to the point and the suggested time is 20 minutes .
Here are some of the most important tips:
- Don’t ever miss the format, e.g. the email address, the subject, introduction, conclusion and closing part.
- For the introduction, try to be simple and interesting to attract the readers, for example: I hope you are doing well!
- Think about your main points by using 5W1H (What, Who, Where, When, Why, How) and keep the points concise.
- Do remember to make closing and signature, e.g. I am looking forward to speaking to you next time! Bye!
You received an email from your friend, Amanda who is planning a trip during the school holidays.
What are you doing during your school holidays? My family and I are planning a trip to Langkawi Island. You went there with your family last year, didn’t you? How was your trip? What did you do there? Are there any places we should go?
Do let me know.
This is an example question. In this question, it asks about how the trip is and some suggestions about the holidaymakers in Langkawi. Do take note that you are writing to Amanda.
Subject: A Trip to Langkawi Island.
We had so much fun there! It is suggested to take a cable car and go up to the Langkawi Sky Bridge where the view is breathtaking! Why don’t you go on an island hopping tour to Pulau Dayang Bunting? The island looks like a silhouette of a pregnant woman lying down and trying to swim in the freshwater lake there! You may visit Pulau Beras Basah and relax on the soft sandy beach! You’ll enjoy it!
THINGS TO REMEMBER!!!
- Try to be simple and easy to understand! Don’t make things complicated.
- For the sample essay above, it is not necessary to suggest or recommend so many places, a few will do.
- Be careful with grammar and spelling as this can lead you to lose marks.
SPM English Paper 2 - Section 2
Section 2 is about writing an article based on a given question.
- When writing this essay, you must take note that you need to use all the notes given and give your reasonable point of view. And, most importantly, don’t ever try to exceed the word limit.
- A 5 or 6-paragraph essay must consist of INTRODUCTION+ POINTS (3-4 paragraphs) + CONCLUSION .
- Include a title or/and write your name.
- The suggested time for the essay is 30 minutes.
You have been asked to write for your school magazine. Your article should inform the readers about the usefulness of newspapers and the benefits people can get from reading the newspapers. You should also recommend that people make reading the newspapers a daily habit.
- A good source of information – news/ sports/ general issues/ special issues
- Improves command of the language
- Broadens general knowledge
When writing the article, you should remember to:
- Include the title
- Add details of your own to make your article more interesting
HERE is some guidelines for the essay above:
- State some general problem statements, e.g. Malaysians were reported to read an average of two pages per year since 2005 which is rather disappointing. Knowing how significant it will have a tendency to affect the entire nation, it is high time we should discuss the benefits of reading newspapers as well as its usefulness.
1 st POINT:
- Reading newspapers is a good source of information in terms of news, sports, general issues and international issues.
- One should prefer to get news from a more reliable source such as a newspaper.
- It keeps us informed of all the latest world events on war, economy, political issues and celebrity gossips.
- Be better equipped to form opinions on things currently happening around us.
2 nd POINT:
- It is a useful tool to enhance the command of our languages.
- Served as a reliable source to expand English vocabulary.
- One can improve English by reading passage aloud.
- Newspaper articles prompt you to think critically – to form opinions- help students to gain more linguistic confidence which will be expressed in writing and conversation.
3 rd POINT:
- It can broaden our general knowledge.
- It conveys information about politics, economy, business, trade and commerce.
- We become updated with current events locally and internationally.
- -enable one to take part in group discussions which make you feel that you belong to an enlightened society.
- In conclusion, there are many benefits people can gain from reading newspapers.
- It should be a necessity rather than an option.
- Such a habit should be inculcated from young.
SPM English Paper 2 - Section 3
Section 3 is writing one of the questions from the given choices.
- There is a word limitation of 200-250 words and students should write their essays in an appropriate style (based on their choices). The suggested time to complete the essay is around 40 minutes .
- Recently, there will be four types of questions in which they will only come out with three different types of essay as the choices for students : ARTICLE, REVIEW, NARRATIVE ESSAY & REPORT .
- Provide reasonable opinions and focus more on the quality of your writing!
- Take note of the vocab and grammar you use in which most of the time, students will lose their marks.
- Always remember!!! An essay includes INTRODUCTION + 3 POINTS + CONCLUSION . Don’t ever miss one of them!
HERE is some tips when writing essays:
Long Essay Guidelines
- It is better to expose the current issue or crisis that can attract the reader. Elaborate more on how the current topic has a significant effect on people/ surrounding. Hence, it is high time we should highlight …
- Sometimes, you may use idioms/ adages as your opening to make your essay more attractive! E.g. As an old adage goes, “Health is wealth” and this goes to show how vital that each and every of us should have a healthy body in which the topic we are discussing today should not be hidden from the public .
- Directly tell the reader the problem and the discussion of this topic, e.g. how can it be solved? / here is some useful tips for handling such condition./ Hence, we shall now discuss some of the reasons why we ought to …
- Don’t write too long!
- At least, you should have prepared three main points! Try to sketch your ideas out before you start writing so that you may have a clear mindset of what you are writing instead of going halfway wrong.
- Use the word connection for a better connection of your sentences: First and foremost, Next, Moreover, Furthermore, Moving on, Instead, In conclusion, Last but not least…
- Try to be formal: It is said that…/ It is always being discussed that…/ Thus, the highlighted topic provides us…/ It is said without fear of…
- Use some attractive vocabulary & idioms if you can!
- Elaborate your main points using this formula:
- Deep reason? Why again
- A little more about the discussion: using idioms/vocab to highlight it
- Conclusion for this idea
- It is said that having sufficient rest and sleep do help us maintain good health and inculcate lifelong health habits. According to a survey conducted recently, students seem to face strenuous homework and dreadful exams if they do not have enough sleep and rest, thus, they could not cope with their studies easily. Lack of sleep may lead us to lots of exposed problems, for example impairing attention. As an old adage, “Rest well for accomplishing a longer journey”. Thus, we should have enough rest and sleep in order to give us more energy to welcome a brand new day of challenge.
- The above sample might be a bit long, yet, it is perfect enough in transferring the message in a very complete way.
- For the conclusion part, it is suggested that students should conclude once again all the points you have mentioned above. Then, adding your hope or maybe some roles of related authority like parents and school, what they can do to improve the condition.
- You may add on idioms and phrases at last as your closing to attract the reader.
- In conclusion, there are many benefits one can gain from reading newspapers and this is the reason why this habit should be inculcated from young. Thus, school should play their roles by working closely with parents to get involved in reading newspapers with their children at home for the sake of their future.
SPM English Essay Popular Topics
There are some target topics for SPM English Writing 2021:
- Covid-19 Crisis
- Stress Management
- Time Management
* For example: topics related that everything goes online in this pandemic situation and what is your opinion? E.g. online class, online business and events…
Here are some of the most important tips you should take note of in your SPM English PAPER 2 ! I hope it is useful and would be beneficial to all of you!
Wish you good luck in your SPM examinations!
- Trusted by thousands of parents
- 100% improvement in 3 months
- We manage your lessons for FREE
- Experienced tutors from all cities in Malaysia
- 99% Successful Match
Get a SPM English tutor today or WhatsApp our Education Advisor for a free consultation.
SPM straight 10As, ATAR 81.85
If you like this article, please follow & like us for more EXCLUSIVE SPM Tips