Inspiring and educating bright minds.
40 Love Paragraphs to Make Your Significant Other Feel Special
These powerful lines from Kool and the Gang’s track “(When You Say You Love Somebody) In the Heart” remind us of one cardinal rule about love. That it must be expressed continually by all partners for the relationship to scale new heights.
Table of Contents
However, finding the right words to capture your love and adoration for your partner is usually a challenge, especially for couples that have been together for a reasonable duration. And merely writing “ I love you ” in a text message, email, or love card just won’t cut it. That old and tired line hardly charms anyone nowadays.
Therefore, you must go the extra mile and do a paragraph that will instantly wow your partner and make them feel truly appreciated.
The following are some of the most cute and romantic love paragraphs to write to your partner.
Love Paragraphs for Him
1. Darling, it’s safe to say you are my entire reason for being alive. It’s also safe to say that I’ve fallen deeply in love with you. After everything we’ve been through, the demons we’ve fought and the sadness we’ve endured… we’re still together. Everything we’ve been through has made us stronger. We are unstoppable. Our love is too powerful and we can overcome anything.
2. Do you believe in magic? I didn’t until the first time I gazed upon you. I suddenly believed in magic at that moment. It felt as if you had cast a spell on me the very first time we locked eyes. Now I am forever spellbound. Destined to love you with a passion I cannot even describe. I am glad for my curse that draws me to you, for I see it as a blessing.
3. I could say it a billion times, but it would still not be enough to show the depth and breadth of my love for you. I LOVE YOU. I cannot say it enough. I have fallen for people before, but never like this. You are exceptional, and I am so happy that you chose to be mine.
4. I love you in a place where there’s no space or time. My love is everlasting, ever growing, and ever present. My love for you knows no bounds. I was drawn to you and your soul in a way I can’t explain. It was like I just knew, here he is. This is it. He is it. You’ll never know how much you mean to me. I can only tell you that my soul will love you forever.
5. I know I say I love you all the time, but that’s not enough. Those three words can’t describe the way I feel about you. You make my tummy do flips and my hands shake. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you and I don’t think I will ever love someone this much again. You’re everything I have ever wanted and needed. I am in love with you so much, you’re my everything, my entire heart, my world.
6. It’s amazing the love and care you give me on a daily basis. It’s unequaled, I think I am safer with you. That’s why I am giving all myself to you, because my life is perfect with you, you are a bumper package, and I promise to love you and give you all you need, may God bless you continually for me, because you really deserve much more than I can give you. I love you so much.
7. It started with wanting to spend more time with you. I wasn’t even sure what it was back then, just this feeling I had of wanting more. More time, more information about you, more of your presence in general. I’d make excuses to see you, to ask you questions, to come up to you at events, to be in the same place at the same time. I didn’t know it was love then, I just knew I had to find a way to be around you. It was such a simple need. And it still is. I need you in my life. I need to be around you. Your presence, your smile, your very self. You make me so happy.
8. I want you to know that you are the most important thing in my life. You’re the reason I do everything. When I get up in the morning, I feel so grateful for every second I have with you and have here on earth. You give my life meaning, you give my days such joy, you are the reason I smile. Thank you for being with me, for joining me on this journey through life. Your love is everything to me.
9. Love doesn’t come fully formed. It is a seed that grows. Even when times are hard, don’t curse the dark and keep your candle burning. Good morning my prince charming.
10. People always say one shouldn’t put all eggs in one basket, as a means of security. But baby, I gave you all my heart and love, and you have proved to be worthy of it all, and much more. You are simply one of a kind and one in a million. I have never had a reason to regret saying yes to you three years ago, and I just want to say thanks for being the most amazing partner ever. I love you afresh today, now and forever darling.
11. Sometimes you and I seem like a wild dream, but it’s a dream I want to come true. It seems so impossible. That I should find you, the one other person in this world who fits me so completely and who makes me so happy. Sometimes when we’re together, I’ll look over and you’ll be doing something small—something silly like looking for something to eat in the fridge or scratching your back maybe—and that one small thing causes this surge in my heart. I can’t believe I’m the person who gets to share these moments with you, these small, seemingly-insignificant moments. I never thought this would be what my wildest dream would be like, but I’m so glad they’ve come true.
12. The love we have is greater than any of the story books we’ve read . You are my knight in shining armor and I am your fairy-tale princess. There is no more perfect tale of love to tell. Our love story is filled with adventure, passion and trust. We will never give up on each other. No matter what hardship comes our way. I will ensure that we will always live happily ever after.
13. The years we have spent together as partners have been the best years of my life so far. You have been a huge source of blessing to me, and have helped me grow in all aspects of life. I am a better person because of you, and I just want you to know I will never trade your love for anything. Your love’s worth is life to me, and with hope, I look forward to the years to come with you. Many cheers to you darling, and to a happy ever after for us. Muah.
14. True love is measured, not by how fast you fall, but how committed you are to your partner. I would go to the moon and back to make our relationship stronger and ensure that we are always together. My love for you is undying and always growing. Stay with me forever.
15. What can I say? You’ve been there for me through everything. I know we fight, but every relationship has its ups and downs. I feel so comfortable with you. It’s so easy to talk to you — I feel like I can tell you anything. I’m so proud to say you’re my best friend and my boyfriend — you mean the world to me. I love you so much!
16. What we have together is unique. It is a special bond that is strong and unbreakable. We can make it through anything we encounter and we only grow stronger from the trials we face together. Together, we are strong. Being with you has made me a better person and I can’t believe that I found you. Ever since I met you, I never want to let you go. The attraction that you and I share is one that is so intense and I never want to be separated from you.
17. When I think of perfection, you immediately come to mind. I wanted to thank you for being as perfect as you are. For being the light to lead me through the darkness. Picturing my life without you at this point is impossible and I just wanted to let you know that.
18. You are my world. I’ve honestly fallen deeply in love with you and I am not afraid to say it. We have been through thick and thin and we are still going strong. I can’t imagine my life without you by my side. I am crazy about you and I can’t even explain all these feelings inside of me.
19. You are such a gift to me. Having you in my life is such a blessing. Every day, I thank God that you are in my life and that you are by my side. I am so blessed to be able to call you mine and to be called yours. I pray that I will always be able to give you what you need in life and that you will always be there to hold my hand and that you will continue to walk with me on this journey that we call life.
20. You don’t know how much you mean to me and perhaps it may be the reason why you move even an inch away from me. I must tell you that I am already addicted to you—only God has the power to remove your love from my heart. I love you so much the most amazing husband in the world. I love you with passion my lovely sweetheart.
Love Paragraphs for Her
1. A day that is void of your voice is to mean an incomplete one. For with your voice comes the soul melting laughter which is all I need to have a great and happy day. I hope mine makes you feel the same way. Good morning my Cherie.
2. Everything you do… The way you eat, the way you smile, the way my name rolls off of your tongue… That all is what keeps me going. It gives me so much joy to watch you be you. I would never give my attention to anyone else because I love giving it to you. The day when you were born, it was raining. Actually, it wasn’t raining itself, but heaven was crying for losing the most beautiful angel!
3. I can’t wait to be next to you. I miss being with you, as I am the happiest person whenever you are around. We may be apart but you are always here inside my heart.
4. I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as wonderful as you. But I am so grateful to have your love, support, and affection. Thank you for being you, and for having me by your side. Your presence in a room makes my light feel so much lighter and my heart yearns for you when you are far away from me. Now that we are miles apart, I cannot wait until we are together again. When I see you again, I will never want to leave your side. You are the only person in the world I can imagine building a life with. From the bad times to the wonderful times, with both heartbreak and laughter, you are still my person.
5. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate having you in my life. For helping me through the bad times and being there to help me celebrate the good times, I cherish all of the moments that we share together. There aren’t enough words in the dictionary for me to tell you how thankful I am to have you in my life. I am so lucky to have you by my side. Everything you do for me never goes unnoticed. I don’t know what I did to deserve someone as wonderful as you, but I am eternally grateful to have your love, support, and affection. Thank you for being you, and for having me by your side.
6. I hope you know how much you mean to me. You are such an important part of my life. In fact, you are the center of my life. Everything I do is for us and I hope you know that I am always trying to do the right thing that will make our relationship a stronger one. You have inspired me to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be and I hope that I can somehow repay you for everything that you have done for me. Without you, I would be a completely different person. You have taught me so much about life and because of you, I truly know what love is.
7. I promise you to forever care for you. I give you my word that I will move mountains for you if need be. I will keep you out of harm’s way. I will be anything you need at any given time. No matter what you ask of me, I will do it, because you are the love of my life. You are my everything. Forever.
8. I wish you could understand the depth of my love for you. Perhaps you will have shed the tears of passion to know that a heart like this still exists. I am so addicted to loving you that I can no longer control how I feel for you. I just want to say I love you!
9. My love for you has no beginning and no end. It is cyclical, like life. It is ever-flowing, like the oceans. [And} It is as boundless as the sky and as vast as the universe. When I see your face, I see my past, my present, and my future. When I hold your hand I feel everything inside of me expand. You are my everything. I will love you forever.
10. My world feels dark when you’re not here. Even when I’m out under a cloudless sky, it feels like there’s a haze over everything. Before you, the world was filled with so many lights, streetlights, stars, the moon, and the sun. Now it feels like you are the brightest light in my life. It would explain why I feel so warm around you, how you provide me with the energy and the strength to persevere through my darkest hours. You also shine brilliantly enough that I know I’ll always be able to find my way back to you.
11. Our love is something that is truly special and there is no other love like ours in the world. I feel as if I have won the lottery with you, someone who is so special and magical, who makes my life and my world a thousand times better just by being there. When I look at you, I know that I have truly hit the jackpot. All you have to do in order to warm my heart is be the loving, caring person that you are. Together, we can do so much and help each other realize our dreams because we truly have a love that is special.
12. There will come a day in our lives when you will ask me if I love my life or you more. I will say that I love my life more. You will get mad and leave me, and what you don’t know is that my life is you! I will stop loving you when a blind painter manages to paint the sound of rose petals falling down on the invisible carpet of a castle that doesn’t exist!
13. Whenever I’m with you, I’m different, but in a good way. I smile and laugh more, and I don’t have to pretend that everything is okay. With you, I can drop the facade and just feel and express everything genuinely. I no longer feel hurt and alone and instead, I feel safe and loved. You’re so easy to talk to, to open up to. And in turn, everything you say resonates with me like no other. You have showed me that in this world filled with apathy, there is one person who can love me for who I really am. I really appreciate you being here because with you, I’m different. With you, I’m happy.
14. You are more beautiful than a summer sunset on the ocean horizon. You are more breathtaking than the lush landscape on a mountain. You shine brighter than the stars in the country sky. You are more alluring than any song that was ever sung. I had not seen what the real meaning of beauty was until I found you.
15. You are my match made in heaven. There is never a second where you aren’t there to lift me up when I need you to. I am so incredibly fortunate to have crossed paths with you in the beginning. It has brought us to this beautiful point in our lives. A point where I find that I cannot wait to build with you, grow with you and face the future with you. You are everything I could ever want in a woman. I will never want anything or anyone else. That I can promise.
16. You have a gift, a gift for a language that nobody but you understands. It’s as if you’re a translator, someone who knows the silent language of my heart’s longing. You know and understand what I need in a way nobody else can. You recognize what I’m feeling when even I have a hard time recognizing what it is I’m going through or what it is I need. Your love, patience, and care have allowed me to grow. I feel so full of my love for you. It’s as if my heart has expanded to let it all in, as if my world’s grown bigger so it can make room for all the good that’s come to me through you.
17. You have always been my biggest supporter and fan. You’ve always had my back and in your eyes, I can do nothing wrong which has built my confidence throughout my life. Thank you, darling, for loving me unconditionally and forever! You have made me the man I am today and I will always love you with all my heart. People say they would love to have a wife that would do anything for her husband. I have that in you and I appreciate all that you do and have always done in my life. You will be the love in my heart to eternity.
18. You have inspired me to be the best version of myself. I hope that I can somehow repay you for everything that you have done for me. Without you, I would be a completely different person. You have taught me so much about life and because of you, I know what love is.
19. You may not be here by my side, but I always have you in my heart. I dream about your touch, your scent, you smile…everything about you! I just couldn’t wait to have you back again in my arms.
20. You’re my best friend. The person I can tell all my secrets to, the first person I want to talk to when I wake up, and last person I want to talk to before I drift off to sleep. When something good happens to me, you’re the first person I want to tell. When I’m troubled by something or if I get bad news, you’re the one I go to for comfort and support. But you’re so much more to me than a friend, you’re the love of my life. You’re my friend, my lover, my comfort and my strength. I am so lucky to have you. I just wanted you to know how happy I am to have you in my life.
Have you been struggling to express your unrequited love for your near and dear one? Not anymore. The love paragraphs that we’ve highlighted here will go a long way in helping you to nurture your relationship.
Posted by: Igor
Igor is a SEO specialist, designer, and freelance writer. He believes that knowledge can change the world and be used to inspire and empower young people to build the life of their dreams. When he is not writing in his favorite coffee shop, Igor spends most of his time reading, traveling, producing house music, and capturing light with his camera. He is a sucker for good coffee, Indian food, and video games.
Our editors handpick the products that we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
18 True Romantic Stories That Are More Heartwarming Than Any Rom-Com
Warning: You will need tissues. And maybe chocolate.
Bob Harvey and Annette Adkins
Bob Harvey first met Annette Adkins during study hall in 1955—and was immediately smitten. "I couldn’t take my eyes off her," Harvey told the New York Times . "She had auburn hair and a stunningly beautiful face and her eyes were just, wow." The two teens ended up going to prom together, but as many young relationships go, they lost touch after high school and married other people. Harvey never forgot about Adkins, though. In 2017, after his wife died, he searched for Adkins on Google and discovered she had also become widowed. He sent her a card with his phone number and after chatting for a bit, Harvey drove 500 miles to visit her, stopping only for gas and a bouquet of carnations. "I handed her the flowers, and then I cupped her face in my hand and said, 'Whether you like it or not, I’m going to kiss you,'" he recalled. In October, the high school sweethearts married at a '50s-style diner and danced to Johnny Mathis—just like they did at prom 63 years earlier.
Matthew Pomeroy and Natasha Lamb
Talk about an encore! On December 27, Matthew Pomeroy, who plays the title character in a British production of Aladdin , proposed to his girlfriend, Natasha Lamb, who plays Jasmine, just after taking their final bows. "For the last four years, you have changed my life," he told Lamb before pulling out a shining, shimmering, splendid ring. "I love you with all my heart. You're my best friend, and if you'd let me, I want to be your husband."
So, something special happened at the end of tonight’s performance of #Aladdin ..... @matthewmagician @Natasha_onstage pic.twitter.com/PsL9TbABF7 — De Montfort Hall (@demontforthall) December 27, 2019
Elan Gale and Molly C. Quinn
What do you get when you cross an American actress with a former producer of ABC’s The Bachelor ? A made-for-TV marriage proposal. During a weekend getaway to Seattle, Elan Gale and his then-girlfriend of eight months, Molly C. Quinn, stopped by a jewelry store where she fell in love with a vintage emerald ring. "If you ever do propose to me, try to find something to kind of look like this," said Quinn. The next day, Gale returned to the store, bought the ring, and placed it in a box under their bed—for the next three years. "That’s where the ring has been hiding for the last 40 months," he recalled in an Instagram post . "Three feet away from where Molly sleeps every night." In December 2019, while on a ski trip in Japan, Gale finally popped the question.
Liz and Scott Shoesmith
Most wedding-planning checklists include picking a dress, finding a venue, and booking a photographer. Liz Shoesmith's also included learning how to sign the lyrics to one of her favorite songs. Instead of the traditional walk down the aisle, the Australian bride surprised her husband, who is deaf, by signing the words to Christina Perri's hit song, "A Thousand Years" as she walked towards him. "Every time I had practiced it leading up to the day I would make mistakes or go blank," she told Inside Edition . "But when I was left at the top of the aisle and locked eyes with Scott, I didn’t look away. It honestly felt like we were the only ones in the room."
Jessica Share and Aaron Long
More than a decade after using an anonymous sperm donor to start a family, Jessica Share met her daughter's biological father—and fell in love with him. In 2016, Share's daughter, Alice Mikell, asked her grandmother for a 23andMe kit to look into her genealogy. When the results came back eight weeks later, Aaron Long was listed as a 50 percent parental match. Mikell and Share connected with Long, and eventually, the two parents decided to meet. "When we met in person, the attraction seemed harder for either of us to deny," Long told Good Morning America . Share, though, had reservations: "This was not my relationship or my journey to jump into and mess up forever," she said in the same interview. Now, two and a half years later, Share, Long, and Mikell live together in Seattle, along with Long's 22-year-old daughter Madi, who he also had through sperm donation. "A few people have called us some sort of new Brady Bunch ," Share told People . "I think [Mikell] thinks it’s kind of funny that everybody thinks it’s a big deal."
Sunette Thompson and Lisa Wyatt
In July 2018, Sunette Thompson and her then fiancée, Lisa Wyatt, traveled to New Orleans for a few fun-filled days at Essence Festival. But unbeknownst to Wyatt, there was a much bigger event on that weekend's agenda: their wedding. On the morning of July 8, 2018—which was also the couple's 10th anniversary—Wyatt served Thompson breakfast in bed and told her to change into the tux hanging in the closet. Once Wyatt was dressed, she was blindfolded and taken down to the hotel's courtyard, where more than 100 of the couples' friends and families had gathered. "Needless to say, I was completely overwhelmed!" Wyatt told Essence Magazine . "As I surveyed the audience, I cried profusely…the ugly cry!"
K.T. Robbins and Jeannine Pierson
If there's a story that proves true love stands the test of time, it's this one. In 1944, 24-year-old K.T. Robbins met 18-year-old Jeanine Ganaye while he was stationed in Briely, France, and over the next three months, the two fell in love. But their courtship came to a crashing halt when Robbins was transferred to fight on the Eastern Front during World War II. After the war, Robbins went home to Memphis and got married to another woman. Back in France, Gayane, now Pierson, also moved on with her life. Fast forward to 2019 when Robbins returned to France for the 75th anniversary of D-Day and was interviewed by journalists from the television station France 2 about his World War II experience. The reporters helped Robbins track down Pierson, and the two long lost lovers, both 92, reunited in the French nursing home where Pierson lives. "I always loved you," Robbins told her as they embraced. "You never got out of my heart." After spending a couple of hours together, the two had to say goodbye—but they vowed to meet again soon.
Jillian Hanson and Max Allegretti
Two and a half years ago, Jillian Hanson was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. Knowing she would face a tough battle ahead, she offered her boyfriend, Max Allegretti, an "out" before things got too intense. But Allegretti didn't flinch, and instead stayed by her side during two years of aggressive treatment. "They tell you how sick you get during treatment, but no one can really prepare you for any of this," Hanson wrote in a personal essay . "He took care of me everyday and reminded me how beautiful I was." On her last day of chemo, Allegretti knew exactly how he wanted to celebrate: By asking Hanson to marry him. "I wasn't expecting it," she told Good Morning America . "That was the ultimate high—getting engaged brought great light to me after a really dark spot."
Lee Loechler and Sthuthi David
After a magical proposal, Lee Loechler and Sthuthi David are destined to live happily ever after. When Loechler took David to a packed theater to see her favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty, she thought it was just a typical date night—but it was actually a cinematic event six months in the making. Loechler, a filmmaker, had spent half a year altering the animation of the film's iconic kissing scene, changing both the characters (so they more closely represented the real-life couple) and the storyline (so it set up the big question). She said yes, and now the fairytale continues.
Camre and Steve Curto
When Camre Curto gave birth to her son, Gavin, she suffered a stroke and a seizure, which caused her to be placed in a medically induced coma. When she awoke, both her long-term and short-term memory were gone, and she did not know who she or her family was. A few months later, she still didn't remember her husband, Steve. "We were sitting on the couch and she told me, 'I don't who you are but I know I love you,'" he recalled to People . Those words inspired Steve to write a book—called But I Know I Love You —that would help Camre remember their 10-year love story, recounting everything from their very first date to their wedding to the birth of their son. It's working, and today, Camre knows and remembers Gavin and Steve.
Terry Farley and Steve Downey
More than three decades after they first dated, two high school sweethearts reconnected—thanks to LinkedIn. In the fall of 2012, Terry Farley—who had gotten divorced a couple years earlier—happened upon the profile of her first boyfriend, Steve Downey. She clicked on it, but was hesitant to message him. She told NPR , "I was not going to be the old girlfriend that popped out of nowhere and said 'Remember me?'" But a month later, when Downey was looking at his LinkedIn page, he noticed Farley's name in the section that tells you who has been looking at your profile. Downey wrote her a quick message, which turned into phone calls, which turned into an invitation to visit Farley at her home in Tallahassee, Florida. "I didn't see anything except my first love, my first crush," she told Today . "It felt like we were picking up where we left off." Eventually, Downey moved to Tallahassee, and in 2015, they tied the knot.
Tori Monaco and Berkley Cade
What are the chances of two people planning a proposal on the same day, at the same time, and without the other knowing? Probably pretty small—but that's precisely what happened for Tori Monaco and Berkley Cade.
In February 2018, the pair was playing a game of Pictionary at Cade's parents' house in Seattle, and as Cade tried to draw the phrase "Will you marry me?" on the board, Monaco got down on one knee and asked her that exact question. Stunned, Cade reached behind the couch and pulled out a ring box herself. The mastermind behind the simultaneous proposal? Cade's mom, Kristy, who separately suggested to both women that they propose during a game of Pictionary when they visited Washington.
Barbara and Robert Shackleford
My grandpa passed 7 months ago so this is my grandma’s 1st Xmas w/o him in 59 years. For Christmas we decided to gift her w/ letters we found her & my grandpa wrote to each other in 1962 while they were in college. He kept them all these years ❤️ pic.twitter.com/raRvAWxqW5 — L 🍒 (@ForeverLAS_) December 25, 2019
This Christmas was Barbara Shackleford's first one without her high school sweetheart, Robert, who passed away in May after 59 years of marriage. But she still felt his warmth, thanks to a special surprise from her family: the love letters she and Robert exchanged in 1962 while in college. "She had no idea he kept the letters and it really brought back a lot of memories of her early years loving him," Shackleford's granddaughter told Today . "She said it was the best gift she could have asked for."
Anne and Bill Duncan
Anne and Bill Duncan are in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. But unlike most couples going through this new and exciting stage, the Duncans are married—and have been for 12 years. After living with dementia for nearly a decade, Bill started having trouble recognizing and remembering Anne. When he asked her to marry him (again), Anne said yes. Two days later, the happy couple celebrated their second wedding surrounded by friends and family. "It was wonderful," Anne posted on Facebook. "And what's even more amazing is two weeks later, Bill still thinks he's just married his new girlfriend and it makes him very happy."
Dominic Spence and Nick Gilyard
Need proof that true love is worth the wait? Dominic Spence and Nick Gilyard met while they were teenagers in high school, but lost touch when they headed in different directions for college: Spence attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando, while Gilyard went to college in Kentucky. They reconnected, though, when Gilyard helped a friend move into her dorm in Orlando and asked Dominic to dinner. "That night we talked for 4 hours and shut down the restaurant," Gilyard said in an Instagram post . They started dating long-distance—for the next seven years. In 2015, Spence and Gilyard got engaged during a trip to London and nearly two years later, they were married. "Dominic and I feel lucky to have found love at such a young age. However, falling in love with another black man was scary in ways neither of us could have ever imagined. It forced us to face the very real resistance from society for being not only homosexuals but black men as well," Gilyard said in the same Instagram post. "We hope to encourage other black and brown men and boys everywhere to be true to who they are. And when they find love in each other's eyes, to know that their love is just as strong and beautiful as anyone else's."
Brad Davis and Jodi Stanowick
As a young girl, Ana Stanowick's mom, Jodi, would often bring home a new coffee mug to add to her collection—despite her then-husband's angry protests. When the couple divorced five years ago, Jodi and her massive collection were ready to find a new man. Enter Brad Davis, who pulled off the ultimate public display of affection when he built Jodi a custom, ceiling-high shelf for her beloved coffee cups, just before moving in together. "I wanted to do this for Jodi so that she could enjoy all of the mugs every day instead of just drinking out of one each day," Davis told Today . We'll raise a glass mug to that!
my dad used to get so mad every time my mom would come home w a new coffee mug (she likes to collect them) and her new bf literally built her a wall to display her collection. this is why we don’t settle for loser boys, ladies!!!!! pic.twitter.com/BZQmfcVHuC — STANA (@AnaStanaBananaa) June 13, 2019
Sidd Sinha and Melanie Diaz
Wedding proposal in aisle three! Last year, Sidd Sinha proposed to his girlfriend, Melanie Diaz at the Trader Joe's in New York City's Upper West Side. Sinha concocted the elaborate plan, which included a made-up "millennial grocery tour" featuring special signs that were symbolic of their relationship. "She's made it perfectly clear that Trader Joe's is her favorite grocery store, so I knew if I went that route I had to do it there," Sinha told Good Morning America . The final stop on the tour? The sample station, where an employee was passing out chocolate-covered almonds. Inside Diaz's cup, though, was an engagement ring. A dream come true, indeed!
Judy and Will Webb
Judy and Will Webb were together until the very end— really . The couple, who spent almost every day together during their 56 years of marriage, died just hours apart on March 6, while—wait for it—holding hands.
For more ways to live your best life plus all things Oprah, sign up for our newsletter!
Melissa is a former editor at Oprah Daily.
Valentine's Day 2023
The Best Flower Delivery Services
30 Easy and Creative Valentine’s Day Card Ideas
16 Valentine’s Day Makeup Looks Inspired by Celebs
30 Nail Art Ideas for Valentine’s Day
The Best Valentine’s Day Movies Ever
20 Valentine’s Day Gift Baskets Ideas
The Best Valentine’s Day Flowers
36 Last-Minute Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Valentine’s Day O List
How to Save Money on Date Night
Dresses Perfect for Valentine’s Day Dates
9 Short Stories About True Love
It's easy to love each other when difficulties never cross your path. However, in real life, all relationships are tested at one point or another.
Bright Side put together 9 stories of people whose love can pass any test.
- Once, I caught sight of how women deserve to be loved. I carried an old lady's shopping bags up a staircase in an underpass. She thanked me and timidly asked me to help walk her to her house. She told me she was in a rush because her husband waited to meet her whenever she went outside. As we approached, I saw a nearly blind man walking with a cane outside of the lady's house. He came up to us and took his beloved's heavy bags from me. I immediately recalled how often I was too lazy to meet my girlfriend on the way home from the supermarket or from the train station.
- I lost my leg when I was 19. I was dating a girl at that time and we were very much in love. After a while, she suddenly decided to move abroad, claiming that she wanted to earn some money for us. I wanted to believe her, but was convinced that she was lying. I told her we needed to break up and that it would be better for her. One month later, my doorbell rang. I took my crutches, opened the door and there she was. I didn't even manage to get a word out before she slapped me and I fell down. She kneeled down beside me, hugged me and said, "You're an idiot! I didn't run away from you. We're going to the hospital tomorrow and there's a prosthesis waiting for you. I went abroad to earn money so you'll be able to walk again - do you understand?" I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I couldn't utter a single word - I just hugged her tightly and cried.
My older sister got married. Her husband is a picky eater and is very hard to please when it comes to food. Every time he openly criticizes her cooking, I always recall my sister's ex-boyfriend. Whenever she cooked chicken liver, he always ate it and said he'd never tasted anything better. It later turned out that he was actually allergic to chicken liver - he just loved my sister very much.
Man Flooded With Praise After He Boasted With a Stunning 336lb Weight Loss
16 Mixed-Race People Who Rock a Unique Appearance
22 Things That Should Be Used Worldwide to Make Our Lives Easier
18 People Who Had an Unexpected Stroke of Luck
9 Famous Women Who Have the Most Beautiful Body According to Science
Why My Wife Matters to Me More Than My Children
20+ Photos That Show What Real Life in Canada Is All About
7 Situations That Might Mean You’re in Danger
Vera Wang, 73, Just Flaunted Her Toned Figure in a Revealing Outfit That Left Everyone Speechless
“You Don’t Have to Be Hairless to Wear a Bikini,” 2 Women Claim and a Debate Ensues
A Woman Lost 200lbs to Resemble Barbie, Just Like Her Parents Always Wanted
Launching Your Way to Success: Key Ingredients for a Thriving Business
Hybrid Work, Smarter Spending: How to Maximize Savings for Businesses
Medical Transportation and the Affordable Care Act Enhancing Access to Care
What is the Best Gift for Seniors? 7 Unique Gift Ideas
- your relationship
- young adults
- Yaro Starak
- writing style
- Love & Relationships
A True Love Story That Touched My Heart
What goes on in your mind when you read a true love story?
Let me be the first one to answer this question. Stories about true love always fascinate and inspire me.
True love stories motivate me to open my mind and dig my heart deeper to nurture those selfless pure thoughts and emotions of love.
Such stories of love help me understand the concept of love and relate it to my own life.
I learn a lot about how to make my love reach the heights as depicted in the true love story, but at the same time I remind myself that my life is different and my story of love is unique.
My love story may not be the same as those of others, but the concept of true love remains the same with everybody, no matter what part of the world they live in.
Today, I just want to share a true love story that I’d heard from a dear friend sometime back, and I’m sure it will touch your heart just as it did mine.
But let me first start by asking you, that do you know what true love is?
What is True Love
Most people who say that they love someone don’t really love them, because they don’t really know what love really is. I don’t say I know it fully well as yet either, but I’m learning.
I do know that love is neither lust, fear, possessiveness, jealousy, nor is it expecting something from someone.
If you wish to know and explore more about what love is, then you need to read my earlier post titled:
>> Understanding true love between two people
Not only love, this post will also make you understand what true love is all about. You’ll come to know that real, true love IS unconditional.
There are many kinds of love and there are also different stages of love , which often culminate at the stage called true love, where the couple become soulmates.
Read through this true love story about a couple’s love for each other and you’d know what I mean.
“Love is giving and it has nothing to do with what you receive.” ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer
A True Love Story
Paul and Wendy were married for 60 years. Though Paul was 84 and Wendy was 80 years old, their love seemed so fresh and young – a bond of true love.
My friend, who is a doctor, first met the senior couple when Paul brought Wendy in a wheelchair to the hospital for a normal check-up.
Who says that only young lovers can spread the fragrance of love?
My friend found this old couple a sight to see – they looked ever so in love, always smiling at each other, and had an aura of understanding around them.
Paul took pride in pushing his wife’s wheelchair and taking care of her, while Wendy showed signs of contentment on her face as she had complete trust and faith in her husband.
Wendy was suffering from osteoarthritis, and her old age made the matters worse. She needed regular treatment.
After a few weeks of treatment she started improving, however, she still needed to visit the hospital frequently for routine check-ups.
Even though Paul himself wasn’t that fit enough and age had weakened his body, but he was still strong mentally and wouldn’t make any compromises for the love of his life.
He had to travel great distances and spend a lot of money, yet he refused to take her to just any hospital as he only wanted the best treatment for his love.
As time passed by, the serious effects of the disease and failing treatment started showing on Wendy’s health. Yet, my friend could see the love and respect they had for each other.
Paul would just remain quiet and Wendy would read her husband’s love through his silent eyes. They didn’t need any words to express their love , as true love needs no language.
One day, as my friend hadn’t seen the couple for a few days, she called up Paul as part of the routine follow-up on her patients.
That’s when she learnt that Wendy had passed away a week back due to complications of hypertension.
As Paul conveyed all this in a shaky voice to my friend, he broke down. It was the first time in five months since my friend had known him that he cried or showed any helplessness.
He cried on the phone endlessly and uncontrollably. It was the first time his voice showed defeat and pain, which all this time he had concealed in order to give courage to his wife.
He told my friend how empty his house and heart had become, and how he couldn’t sleep nor eat well.
His wife was no longer by his side – but he mentioned how much he still loved her and wished her soul rests in peace.
As my friend was narrating this story, I was finding it tough to control my tears having undergone the loss of my Mom and having seen my Dad go through the same phase. It brought a lump to my throat.
It made me think as to how people cope with such a great loss , and how do they gather the strength and courage to carry on with life – just like my Dad.
Paul and Wendy’s was a true love story, and their love was unconditional and so true.
Lessons Learnt From This True Love Story
True love isn’t necessarily a domain of young couples and known only by public display of affection.
True love needn’t be overtly expressive but yet it can be the unconditional love lovers yearn for.
To love someone unconditionally in simple words means to love a person without any conditions. You love them as they are, just as they were before, and just as they will be in the future.
That’s because people change all the time, so if you love a person unconditionally, you will love them even if they become something you don’t agree with, or even if they become old and sick – isn’t it?
In unconditional love, the person you love can live his or her life as he or she wants to, and you will still be there for and with them – no matter what.
True love is unconditional love when you love a person for their innermost essence – their soul. You see the person and not the personality.
Your love for them never lessens or dies. It remains through thick and thin – just as it was between Paul and Wendy.
“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” ~ Katharine Hepburn
It takes courage to love a person unconditionally, which not a lot of people have.
Love is when a time period of 60 years isn’t enough to be with each other – time always falls short.
I’ve seen the love my parents shared, and I can only hope and pray that we can get a little of that in our lives too.
Reading such a true love story, I’ve always thought how a bond of ‘love’ can connect two people in a way that they are inseparable – even if they are in such circumstances.
After going through their story of true love – the beautiful bond and silent understanding, it made me realize that there’s another side to what meets the eye.
It’s true and unconditional love where some people become the centre of another person’s world – they become the very reason their lives are worthwhile.
However, they’re also ready to let go of the person because true love neither creates bondage nor does it ever die.
Didn’t this old couple’s true love prove that love isn’t just a fairytale but rather that it’s a reality?
Remember, you and your partner can become soulmates with each other . All you need to do is become a love teacher to make yours a true love story.
“Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone.” ~ Leo Tolstoy
Over to you –
Have you been in love, if so, what was the feeling like? Do you have any true love stories to share with us? What lesson did you learn from this true love story? Share in the comments.
Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos
- unconditional love
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
Not all but many people still respect true love. We should respect these people.
आज भी प्यार जिंदा हैं और जिंदा हैं ऐसे लोग जो आज भी सच्चे प्यार के लिए अपना जीवन कुर्बान कर सकते हैं . ऐसी कहानियां उन लोगों के मुह पर तमाचा होती हैं जो कहते हैं की सच्चा प्यार नहीं हैं . बहुत ही प्रेरक कहानी हैं ये
Hi Harleena, Really very heart touchy story. I can understand the feeling of love. I think love is a very beautiful thing in anybody’s life. This story will inspire to all of couples, who are in love with each other. Thanks for sharing this story.
This is a love story for the ages! So heartbreaking when one person dies. You often hear that their spouse soon follows. I think I can safely say that hubby and I share this type of enduring and unconditional love, having been married for 42 years and together for almost 44. I fear losing him and he probably feels the same way.
True love is truly something you can’t get enough off. And time always seems to fall short in your true love’s company. Paul and Wendy’s love story was a sweet read. Wish all of us find our respective Paul’s or Wendy’s someday!
Hi Harleena mam, This story is really heart touching . Now I clearly understood what true love means .But most of the teenage people think they that their love is true love but is it really love or just attraction or lust ???
But I am really inspired by this story .
this life is what you make it. no matter what pure going to mess up somthing, its a universal truth, but the good part is you get to decide how your going to mess it up girls will be your friend- theyll act like tit anyway. but just remember, some came, some go, the ones that stay with you though everything- theyre your true best friend dont let go of them. also remember , sisters make the best friends in the world. as for lovers, well , they come and go too and baby,i hate to say it, most of them, actually prettty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you cant give up because if you give up, youll never find your soulmate. youll never that half that make you hole and that goes for everything , just because you fail ones, dosint mean your gonna fail at everything. keep trying , hold on, and always, always, always belive in yourself , because if you dont, then who will, sweety? so keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because lifes a beautiful thing and theres so much to smile blouit day 1 what you give is priceless day 2 there are more ways to be happy than anyone can imagine day 3 why settle for good when your life can be grat day 4 a wish is a powerful thing day 5 say yes to less stress day 6 you dont have to be perfect too be beautiful day 7 give yourself a compliment its true . marilyn monroe
I was so amazed with Paul and Wendy’s love story. It’s a great example of what true love means. Thank you for sharing their story, I remember my grandparents who are also much like Paul and Wendy.
They say that you can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving. That’s what unconditional love means to me. Love is all about giving, caring, and actually doing anything for the one you love.
Thanks Harleena for sharing this to everyone!
Hi Harleena, Really very heart touchy story. I can understand the feeling of love. I think love is svery beautiful things in any bodies life. This story will inspire to all of couples, who are in love with each other. Thanks for sharing this story.
It was surely a heart touching story and i do believe that love is not about expecting anything.love is selfless,it’s all about giving.i understood this feeling only when i experienced this and i am thankfull to god that i got to know a person who changed my whole life and concept of love,life everything.I don’t know what is going to be my future(as he is not talking to me and my family is also not allowing us )but i am very happy that i got to know what true love is. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. Stay blessed.
Mam, You somehow somewhere readily agree with me also there is no more existence of true love. But one thing is very sure we enjoy love, pamper,devotion and care not only in tale but also in real life. There is always a hunger for selfless love inside in living or non living but unable to do the same because of the mindset we have in todays life. Your post always leave a strong impact on readers mind. Thanks a ton for sharing.
A very touching story! Harleena.
What makes a love last is the attitude towards to problems. An old couple have been married for 65 years shared this tip when they are asked how their love could last so long. They simply said: “Because we both grow up in the time when things broke, we just fixed it instead of threw it away.”
Nice love story. Me and my boyfriend both love each other too much. By reading your story I inspired to continue my relation till my death. Now I’ll talk to my parents about marriage. Wish me luck 4 happy married life.
Poor Paul, that’s so sad Harleena but if you’ve been married for 60 years you know that life doesn’t last forever.
My grandparents were married almost 70 years. I wouldn’t exactly call it true love since my grandmother yelled at my grandfather a lot. But when he died at the age of 90 that was in August. She was in pretty decent health and 87 years old at that time. She passed away three months later and everyone says it was from a broken heart. It was bad enough losing one of them but we lost both just a few months apart. This year it’s been 25 years since they’ve been gone.
I once thought I had true love and it was like no other I’ve ever had ever again but as you know he left me at the altar so obviously it wasn’t.
I can only wish everyone well with their marriage and hope that everyone can find that type of love. Maybe I will again some day. That would be really nice.
Wow, such a great story and really very touching. I always love to learn from your blog. Always find some of the best in love . Great post.
This post inspired me as I read the story of Paul and Wendy. What amazing love they had for each other. Sometimes words will not even begin to tell what is in the heart of the person. Unconditional Love is what I saw with my mom. She laid her life down for her children and for my dad, in spite of the circumstances.
Love is a powerful ACTION WORD. Thank you again for your Inspirational article.
The ending is not what we would ask for. It’s really touching! If we just feel it by reading his story in few minutes, I don’t know how does he deal with it all.As it resonates with your father’s life, I’m sure you are so sensitive to the story. They are strong. Aren’t they? 🙂
Their love story is an example for everyone who loves materials more than people. As we read this story, we might think about it for a while and try to be more than what we are today. But yet there are people who wouldn’t care enough and just treat it as another story. We can’t change everyone. no? However I feel lucky to come across such a lovely stories Harleena 🙂
Sometimes change of perspectives can do enough for our lives and will transmit through genes 🙂
I’m always an admirer of true stories. If we just look around us carefully, we can find many of hidden stories from those who struggling. True stories always convey the message that anything is possible if we willing to. Isn’t it? Still they have a storyline and sometimes better than fairytales 🙂
You have a wonderful week ahead with lots of love 🙂
Thank you for sharing this beautiful story.
Perhaps you’re fortunate because both of your parents loved each other. I heard someone told me when Rachel was a baby, “The greatest gift you can give to your children are not material things – but a good marriage.” When your parents have good relationship with each other, and so as the children have that role model.
To find love in this crazy, confused world is hard nowadays. 1 out of 2 married couple will end up in divorce. That’s very, very bad. In today’s society, couple seems to say “I love you” then say “Goodbye.” Nobody takes commitment and love anymore.
Like you said, Love is unconditional. It expects nothing in return. Only to make you better. Love sees the soul and despite of all, it doesn’t want the best or worst of you, just what you are. A true acceptance of the person. Love is for eternity. And spending 60 years together is never enough but short of time. That’s beautiful word when you said…
“Love is when a time period of 60 years isn’t enough to be with each other”
Love is patient and never rude. Love is slow to judge and quick to forgive. Love doesn’t keep records of wrong but only rejoice in doing good. If only one can “truly” love, they have fulfilled all the commandments in the world.
Love your story, it’s very emotional. Love is hard to explain and we live to love.
A very touching story Harleena, It’s really very difficult to find such love these days. Paul and his wife really defined what true love is and should be even at their old age.
Its a great lesson to learn especially for those that has not loved before. Thanks for sharing.
A very outstanding post Harleena, I really felt for Paul because, its never easy to bear the loss of a loved one especially one that is very dear to you.
I agree with you that true love is unconditional. Yea, i’ve been in love before though, it didn’t turn out well finally.
Love is really sweet if you found one and that’s one of the things I’m praying for 🙂
I pray that God gives Paul the fortitude to bear the loss of his lovely wife.
Thanks for sharing 🙂 and, do have a great weekend.
You do have a writing style that is so easy to grasp… and even the complexities of love were simplified. reminded me of those wonderful stories I was once fond of reading in the Reader’s Digest. Brought back those memories.
Oh yes.This so lovely.In Bombay,we used to stay next to hotel and could see the garden from our window.Very oftenthere was this elderly couple in their late 80s who would sit over a looonnngggggg cup of tea under the garden umbrella.
Very touching story of the couple. Any loss specially if someone is so dear to you then its going to be a huge loss indeed. It certainly does take a lot courage to love a person unconditionally.
If any one is having having love for anyone that means one likes the other. Without love world will not exist in its true sense. Love is the affection towards other.
And already you provided very good meaning of true love with a true Love story which is really encouraging.
Its a heart touching story. I have to say that true love will be like that as you mentioned in story.
Thanks for sharing such a lovely story
This is really a True love story, and it made tears almost drop from my eyes..
I still wonder if this kind of love still exists now a days, i know it does but very Rare, among we the Youth. This story teaches a lots of True Love..
Thanks for sharing with you, but you didn’t tell us what later happens to Paul
Harleena, my eyes are filled up.
What a story. It reminds me of my parents who have been married 65 years and are both still alive. I don’t know how they did it but I do know that they do everything together.
I only remember on or two times in my life where they did not do something together. Maybe because they always had just 1 car? Couples today each have their own and can take off when they fight or do something that the others does not want to do. I don’t know how they or which one will do when one passes.
I’m not sure what the magic formula is but it must be magical.
Its very disheartening to see the person whom you love more than yourself pass away. Paul and Wendy’s love is immortal .Wendy will be remembered by Paul in every breath of his life. Paul needs support from rest of his family members in such situation .
This was an awesome and so touching love story. It really made me cry.
It’s amazing how this couple is loving each other despite the old age- this is what I call a true love story. Unfortunately our generation misses this type of love. Nowadays love is becoming all about Money Harleena and this is so bad 🙂
It brought some tears when I read that Paul’s wife passed away- so touching story this is an amazing and real love story respect!
Thanks for sharing this awesome post Harleena do have an awesome day ahead 😀
What a lovely, bittersweet story!
My husband and I have been together for over 40 years and I don’t like to think about the possibility of him dying; it would be absolutely devastating! If only we could go together, somehow. Yes, I can say that I know what true love is. We have been through it all: sickness and health, better or worse, broke and not so broke, love and hate, (fine line there, sometimes) and came out the other side closer than ever.
I love seeing stories from those who have been married for a long time. Over and over, many of those couples say the key to a lasting marriage is to never go to bed mad. Always talk things over and reach a compromise before going to sleep.
Absolutely! They are ones who inspire us to carry on in our married lives, even though we have those bumps in-between. Oh yes…those were my granny’s words to my Mom, passed on to me – always make up before going to bed, and they work if you follow them.
Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the post 🙂
Hello Harleena, The story is indeed a touching story. The man really did love his wife after so many years of marriage 🙂 .
I have been in love and i am still inlove and the love mood just wont go away, (maybe not now) 🙂 . Me and my girl(wife) have been kicking it since we are little and till now we still look at each other like we’ve just met. Love is magical but i haven’t experienced it to its full capacity 🙂 . love is real and through the story you told us, it showed a concrete proof…
P.s. Sorry i stopped by late. My internet connection was down for a while 🙂
I know I’m late with my comments that’ve just piled up, but I’m glad I’m sitting down to replying as many as I can do this weekend. I guess taking a vacation has this major drawback 🙂
Oh yes…true love never lessens, instead only grows with time. I’ve seen it with my parents, though sadly my Mom passed away midway, but my Dad still has her pictures and memories all around his room.
Ah…that’s so sweet, to know more about the love of your life, and I’m sure your love will only grow stronger with time too. Oh…don’t worry about stopping by late, you can see how late I am in replying too.
Thanks for stopping and sharing your views 🙂
I am truly married to the love of my life.
We were married when I was 18 1/2 years and he was 22 years old. We basically grew up together. Five years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It shook our world. I can remember how both of us just cried on our bedroom floor and he took me into his arms and said we are going to get through this together. He was there for me every step of the way. I had over 6 surgeries and he was there, every doctors visit, hospital and through recovery. One of the surgery after the reconstruction, I look liked a freak and he kept saying I looked good. Finally I had the head of plastic surgery at the major hospital in the area fix me. I asked my husband why didn’t he tell me I looked so bad and he said I love you and I didn’t want to hurt you and it made no difference to me what you looked like. I have been married for 48 years and I know what true love is.
I’m so happy for you. You and your husband are so lucky to have grown up together and shared the life’s experiences – 48 years being happily married is really commendable!
Yours is surely a true love story that is so rare in today’s times. It shows that your husband truly loves you and he’s been really wonderful in taking care of you.
How lovely and sweet of you both to unite emotionally and pledge to go through the hard times and then leave them behind. It’s so good to know that you beat the breast cancer, along with your hubby.
You’ve gone through a lot and you’re a brave person. And you’re lucky too to have such a loving husband who loves you as a person and not how you look like. Yes, this is true love and I wish you both all the blessings in the world!
Thanks so much for sharing your life and true love story with us all. I really appreciate it. 🙂
Wow…I knew this post was going to make me cry and it sure did.
I get choked up with just the thought of losing my hubby. I hope I’ll be able to share many, many years with him.
My grandparents had the kind of love. In fact, they passed away on the same day just different years. My mom says he was ready to take her with him and I believe that.
Wonderful and touching post Harleena! Hope you’re having a great day!
Aren’t we all alike? At least in the aspect of getting emotional, and it’s not only us women, but some of Aha!NOW’s men readers too expressed getting emotional reading the story.
May be it’s because we all can relate to it. The reality is that we all will depart from this world one day, so it’s all the more necessary to love each other truly and fully while we live.
I wish you share the true moments of love and memories of true love for many years with your hubby like your grandparents.
Thanks for visiting this post and contributing your valuable thoughts and experiences. 🙂
Wow, Harleena, so moving! We can all aspire to be like Paul and Wendy. What a gift to have your true love by your side for sixty years!
But you’re right, sixty years still isn’t long enough. Paul’s grief at his wife’s passing is very real and understandable.
May you and your husband enjoy many, many more years together, Harleena!
I’m so glad you like the story. It does have a sad ending but carries with it an important message that is so relevant to all of us. I agree with you that every married couple should aspire to be like Paul and Wendy.
It’s understandable that you cannot have your true love with you forever, but one should try to be a true lover to the partner as long as they live, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s for 6 or 60 years, right?
Only death will separate my husband and myself, so I guess we have many more years together ahead and definitely so especially with your wishes! Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the post, I appreciate it. 🙂
So beautiful. I am a hopeless romantic and I believe in love! <3
I’m glad you like the post. Yes, I agree it’s a beautiful story and an ideal for people to learn to brew love and romance in their lives. The belief and practice of love is enough to make yours a true love story!
Thanks for stopping by and contributing to the post. 🙂
Hey Harleena, I read somewhere that love brings about marriage but marriage maintains love. Any opinion from you about that?
The real problem these days is that most young people don’t know when they are in real love. With things like money, wealth, intelligence, eloquence, education, beauty, etc surrounding us, it becomes sometimes hard to know what we are feeling. Is it lust or love?
Yes, Love is not the things you mentioned ( lust, fear, possessiveness, jealousy, etc.) and I completely agree with that.
I have seen people part ways because certain things that were there before disappeared. Now, this is clear that there was no love. There were just some mere attractions. Often, there are just some desires to be satisfied (and you know what happens once a desire is satisfied).
Like you mention, love is unconditional – doesn’t rely on the presence of any thing. “You love them as they are, just as they were before, and just as they will be in the future.”
BTW, I could see and feel Paul and Wendy in your story. If this is story is a movie, spectators will certainly shed tears.
Thanks for another value-filled post for our education. Hope you are having fun this week.
You’re absolutely right about everything you wrote in this comment. You’re no less a relationship expert and it shows you’ve a good understanding in these matters too!
Certainly marriage is the institution to maintain the love with your partner. Though some people do not feel the need of marriage to do that, most fail to let marriage serve this purpose in their lives. I believe marriage is a step towards becoming soulmates with your partner, with commitment and responsibility.
You’re right about today’s young generation and their confused lives. They seem to run after temporary pleasures and things and miss out on the permanence in their lives that could really give them long-term happiness.
You’re right in that if you choose your partner on basis of looks, wealth, and health… what if these things disappear? Of course your relationship might severe because you never based it on love. At their age, Paul and Wendy only had love between them, and they maintained that very well – this is a lesson for the young people.
Desires and temptations often set you off path and change your course of life that you regret later. You’ve to be very careful and be within limits because many men and women have fallen just because they fell for fulfilling every desire in their lives.
Unconditional love is the way to go for a life of unlimited happiness till the end – yes, I agree this story can be converted to a great movie.
Thanks for your thought provoking comment and a great discussion, which I’m sure will benefit many readers. Thanks again for your contribution, I really appreciate it. 🙂
Constantly reading this blog will one day make me expert in this matter. I see other related posts with same rich contents.
Bravo for this wonderful job Harleena
Wow, what a beautiful story, and if you know me just a little bit, you know I couldn’t help it but cry. This is so touching.
It’s true that true love never dies and true love is not selfish or jealous. This story reminded me of my great uncle and aunt who loved each other still well into their 80’s. My great uncle (brother of my grandfather) died at age 85 still loving his wife, and she still loved him as well. She died at age 100. I always think of them because of such love and closeness they had.
Well, thanks for making me cry today, Harleena 🙂
I’m sorry I made you cry but honestly I too faced the same emotions on reading this moving story. I guess sometimes its good to get emotional and feel for others.
You’re right about true love, and I’m sure your great uncle and aunt had it between them. Wow, loving and being with each other till death do us part.. you only see that in movies nowadays, isn’t it?
Thanks for sharing your true love story and contributing your thoughts and emotions to the post. I appreciate it very much. 🙂
Fun Things To Do In Your Holidays
- Family & Parenting
How to Rise Up Every Time You Fall
- Life & Philosophy
Why Can’t Men and Women Be Friends
Why Does Love Hurt When You’re in a Relationship
Are You in a Relationship With a Narcissist? 10 Signs to Know
Is Divorce Necessary
🎉 Our next novel writing master class starts in – ! Claim your spot →
Discover weekly, the best short stories
Looking for a steady supply of romance short stories? Every week thousands of writers submit stories to our writing contest.
Coming of Age
People of Color
Teens & Young Adult
Win $250 in our short story competition 🏆
We'll send you 5 prompts each week. Respond with your short story and you could win $250!
Authors to follow
9190+ Romance Short Stories to read
Submitted by writers on Reedsy Prompts to our weekly writing contest . From the thrill of a first date to a snapshot tour through an entire relationship, our collection of romantic short stories will give you everything your heart desires.
🏆 Winning stories
“ the idiom archipelago ” by rj holmquist.
Day 1: The Sundering SeasWelcome to The Pudding, my little ship hung with true blue sails. She is bravely buoyant upon the sundering sea as she bears me questing for proofs among the Isles of Idiom. Aboard there is a crew of only me and my beagle Salty. I steer the ship on the heaving waves and Salty listens to my meanderings, understanding my moods with his plaintive eyes. You are here too, though you understand much less and exist only in the corners of my reveries.I am charting these waters ...
“ The First Idol ” by Tom Bombadil
“Stop daydreaming Mr. Delano.” In a moment, Mrs. Frampton, subjecting the tender wallflower of my affection to the grotesque spotlight of her own indifference, made cease the contemplation of my life’s own end, the one theme of my existence: Andrea Taylor. It’s the Spring of 2005; I am a 7th grader at Fort Sumter Middle School, home of the Trojans. Andrea sits enthroned one row ahead, thre...
“ All the Lonely People ” by Michelle Oliver
MONDAY I tap my foot nervously on the shiny marble floor as I watch the numbers descend. I’m going to be late… again. It really wasn’t my fault. I’d had my hours swapped with George this week, so he could leave work in time to pick his kids up from school, while his wife recuperated from surgery. I now needed to be in the office by 10.00 instead of 8.30. You’d think that would make me early. However, since I was finishing later, I’d tried to get to the gym in the morning. Well that was a mistake. It was either showe...
⭐️ Recommended stories
“ tap dancing ” by marty b.
warning: languageOf course in hindsight, she should not have told her boss to go to hell, but damn it felt good. Alicia kicked the door of her apartment open, slamming it into the wall before it rebounded against the cardboard box of detritus from her office desk. The box collapsed onto her, spilling the office supplies, pictures and files on to the floor of her tiny one room apartment. She kicked the logo’d coffee mug from her ex-company toward the kitchen, and left the rest, doing several quic...
“ About Alice ” by Tom Skye
Dear friend,To whom this letter is addressed, I do not know. It has been written by me in some form or other many times over, but for now, I have no means to send it. Perhaps I am writing to myself, for myself, but hopefully not forever, though the activity is somewhat therapeutic.I find myself in a pickle, stuck in this hot cabin deep in the moors. I share the space with my belov...
“ Dear Orlando ” by Hollie T
Dear Orlando,I was so happy to see you again on the street today - I wish we’d had time to pause for a visit, even a short conversation of meaningless small-talk and a quick peck on the cheek or touch on the hand, but I could tell right away how busy you were. All the people with you, all vying for your attention and hoping for your affection. It must be very tiring for you at times. Still, we had that moment of eye contact, nowhere near long enough to make the group of people with you question anything, but just long e...
Introducing Prompted , a new magazine written by you!
🏆 Featuring 12 prize-winning stories from our community. Download it now for FREE .
✍️ All stories
“ the waiting game ” by howard halsall.
Tom Archer exited Rathbone’s Jewellers with a gift-wrapped engagement ring and a splitting headache following his hourlong ordeal with Isabel, the loquacious proprietor. She’d bombarded Tom with countless gemstones and relentless sales patter until he capitulated and picked a brilliant-cut solitaire in a white gold band. Even as Tom fumbled for his wallet, Isabel was assuring him the ring was a timeless classic that conveyed the traditional meaning of hope and agreement. It’s perfect for your prospective fiancée, she said....
“ Doves and Blood ” by Mounir El-Mahrouky
My dearest Liora.I hope this letter finds you in good health and prosperity, though I have no way of knowing if this will reach you. But as my heart aches, I pray that my efforts are not in vain. The last I saw you, you were running out of your coming out party in tears. And while I wanted to chase after you, I was held back by the snickers of the room. Forgive me for my cowardice. If I had known it would be the last time I saw you, I would have ran into the night and begged you to stay with me, and if you still chose to run, I wou...
“ Valley Forge: A Gamble With Fate ” by Sophia Azzolina
14 February 1778 To my dearest Maria, I sincerely hope all is well. How are you holding up throughout this war? I know I haven’t written to you in a while. I truly long to see you all once again. Everyday I miss you more and more. Remember when we were young? I often have memories of the fresh Philadelphia air filling our lungs as we lay on the soft grass in the ...
“ Despatches From the Home Front ” by Katy B
Post Office Telegraphs. Augustine Madlain to Imogen Eley — (Received 3 August 1914) Believe war entry likely STOP Paris in uproar STOP Holiday enthusiasm STOP All very exciting STOP ᛭ Auggie10 October, 1914Dear Auggie,I was so glad to receive your letter last week. Imagine your marching in shirts and ties through the countryside — suppose a cow, for instance, had seen you? What must the poor creature have thought? And I don’t think it’s fair of ...
“ The Amber letter ” by Magdalena Brynard
A heavy shudder shook the window panes as she wrote. The rushed keys of the typewriter pounded in unison as mortar after mortar fell decimating the city. London was falling but the letter had to reach him by morning. Emily wrote as fast as her fingers could but the ink on the ribbon seemed to fade after every turn of the paper. She couldn’t run out of ribbon at this exact moment but try as she m...
“ Dear Sir or Madam ” by Krista Tritt
1 August 2023 Dear Sir, On behalf of the Wenburry City Council, I would like to inform you of upcoming roadworks which will be completed outside your home on October Street. The runoff from potion precipitation has ceased to flow in the pipes beneath your street, and it is clear that the ancient pipework there must be unclogged. Unfortunately, the original designers of the drainage system were rather sho...
“ Love, Layers, and Looming Curses ” by Zina Belhadj
Twenty-Ninth of October Mirthmourne Meadows, a tiny twilight town, birthed where two ley lines entwine. A heartspace of spectral whispers and wanders. Yet, its early settlers did not shun its enigma; they embraced it, dancing with its quirks, spinning age-old tales into the weave of their daily rituals. By day, Mirthmourne was a vibrant beauty. A verdant sweep sprinkled by the purples, pinks, and gol...
“ Dementia in Love ” by Kari Polk
There is nothing like starting off life as a young adult in your own place hours away from everything you know.Rose Lee stood on the balcony of her new house in East LA, letting it all marinate . In two days she would start her new job as a psychologist at Thrive minds counseling and Psychology. It was everything that that she could ever dream of . She worked so hard to get to where she is now .People around her told her...
“ Return to Sender ” by Charlotte Kelley
August 15th Dear Jo, Please, do not tear up this letter. I know you have not heard from me in a while (I couldn't reach you in any conventional way, but by some miracle, I remembered your address). This is not a question I take pleasure in asking. I am, quite honestly, stuck. You knew all about my moods, the anxieties you would call "obstacles" or "roadblocks" - after we parted I ...
“ Paper Apologies ” by Zoë Page
Rosa. Rosa. Rosabel. It is as if your name is the word written in a beautiful motif across my sorry heart; with every precious beat another inscribed in your hand. For so long – too long – I could not see it, as one cannot see his heart, but now I know with as much surety as though I hold my bloody, still pulsing heart in my hands, that it is so. It is you. It has always, will always be you. ...
“ The Immigrant ” by Linda Johnston Lloyd
Dear Zawhea, What a voyage I had! I cannot begin to relate the entire story in writing. Yet I will give you some details, so you might have an idea of what I experienced. My cabin was clean, small with a porthole, and I was able to sleep comfortably. A few days after we left Marseilles, I heard that the head chef needed extra help. I met with him and soon I was working. The job kept me busy...
“ Kaleidoscopes ” by Hannah Polis
We are getting married, and you are invited!Tamara Eloise Murphy & Frederic Webster27th May 2024Please RSVP by December 1st. Dear Henry,I’d love for you to be there :)Tammy Dear Tamara, We haven’t talked for a long time, and I admit, I was surprised when I found your invitation in ...
“ The Power of Love ” by Debra Walsh
The Power of Love January 17, 2023 To my dearest darling wife, Marjorie, Today, Ben and I discovered an old shoe box in Mom’s closet, way in the back. You would have thought all the dust would make us sneeze, but it was surprisingly clean from dust and dirt! The box was full of letters written ...
The Best New Romance Short Stories
Romance is having its moment. And it’s no surprise: readers have always loved the intrigue, intimacy, and basic human drama that all good love stories promise. However, while this ‘shameful’ genre was once read behind locked doors (are you team Edward or team Jacob?), our desire for a little romance in almost every story we read is no longer a badly-kept secret. Fuse that with the form of a short story, and you get something that is even more exciting, sexy, and compulsively readable.
Be it a sweeping romantic adventure, or a cute love story about meeting your true love on a blind date, we are absolutely here for it! And sometimes, rather than capture a single moment in the lives of two lovers, short love stories manage to tell a whole turbulent love story — from meet cute to the end. Are these perhaps the most gut-wrenching of all?
Looking to indulge in some romance short stories?
This page is home to all the romantic short stories submitted to Reedsy’s weekly writing contest. Penned by authors of all ages, from all over the world, there’s a short love story for everyone in this free collection. Whether you’re looking for star-crossed lovers, friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, or LGBTQ+ lovers, our Reedsy Prompts authors will not let you down. And if you take a look through the stories at the top of the page, you’ll find all those that have been shortlisted by our panel of judges (and maybe even a couple of prize-winners!), so you’re sure to stumble across some of the best writing on the web. If you do, don’t forget to “follow” the author so you’ll be notified whenever they submit new romance short stories.
Have you got any short love stories hidden up your sleeve? Then why not join in our weekly writing contest — and you might even get your hands on our cash prize (plus a shot at publication in Prompted , our new literary magazine )!
Find the perfect editor for your next book
Over 1 million authors trust the professionals on Reedsy, come meet them.
Oops, you need an account for that!
Log in with your social account:
Or enter your email:
18 Of The Most Illuminating Literary Passages On Love, Life, And Romance By Beau Taplin
- Flag Flagged
I can’t remember exactly when I first stumbled upon Beau Taplin’s writing. I suppose it was when I found myself in a used bookstore a few weeks ago with a copy of Hunting Season in my hands. Then I remembered, later, a friend from Australia had told me some time ago when we were in Nicaragua that he was one of her favorites. Beau’s work largely exists online, on posts that get reblogged thousands of times and on his website – the only place you can buy copies of his books. Here are a select few of some of the most beautiful and illuminating passages from his work.
“ Listen to me, your body is not a temple. Temples can be destroyed and desecrated. Your body is a forest—thick canopies of maple trees and sweet scented wildflowers sprouting in the under wood. You will grow back, over and over, no matter how badly you are devastated. ”
“ often, when we have a crush, when we lust for a person, we see only a small percentage of who they really are. the rest we make up for ourselves. rather than listen, or learn, we smother them in who we imagine them to be, what we desire for ourselves, we create little fantasies of people and let them grow in our hearts. and this is where the relationship fails. in time, the fiction we scribble onto a person falls away, the lies we tell ourselves unravel and soon the person standing in front of you is almost unrecognizable, you are now complete strangers in your own love. and what a terrible shame it is. my advice: pay attention to the small details of people, you will learn that the universe is far more spectacular an author than we could ever hope to be. ”, human beings are made of water–-, we were not designed to hold ourselves together, rather run freely like oceans like rivers, “ one day, whether you are 14, 28 or 65, you will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that cannot die. however, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find – is they are not always with whom we spend our lives. ”, “ home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. some of us travel the whole world to find it. others, find it in a person.”, “ it’s 4am and i can’t remember how your voice sounds anymore. ”, “ it’s strange how your childhood sort of feels like forever. then suddenly you’re sixteen and the world becomes an hourglass and you’re watching the sand pile up at the wrong end. and you’re thinking of how when you were just a kid, your heartbeat was like a kick drum at a rock show, and now it’s just a time bomb ticking out. and it’s sad. and you want to forget about dying. but mostly you just want to forget about saying goodbye. ”, “ there was never going to be an “us” because you wanted to be missed more than you wanted to be loved. ”, “ it is a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment you can fall in the kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over. ”, “ the one thing i know for sure is that feelings are rarely mutual, so when they are, drop everything, forget belongings and expectations, forget the games, the two days between texts, the hard to gets because this is it, this is what the entire world is after and you’ve stumbled upon it by chance, by accident – so take a deep breath, take a step forward, now run, collide like planets in the system of a dying sun, embrace each other with both arms and let all the rules, the opinions and common sense crash down around you. because this is love kid, and it’s all yours. believe me, you’re in for one hell of a ride, after all – this is the one thing i know for sure. ”, “ the single greatest thing about love, in my experience, is the way it is doomed to pain and loss from its onset. whether it is the spouse that outlives their lover, or loses them to another, there is no escaping that most solemn of inevitabilities. that two people can commit themselves to all this sadness and heartache in the name of such brief happiness, the warm touch of familiar skin, the unrivalled pleasantness in waking up beside the same person you spent the entire night with in your dreams, is all the proof i need that insanity exists, and it is fucking beautiful. ”, “ it’s you. it’s been you for as long as i can remember. everyone else has just been another failed attempt at perfecting the art of pretending you’re not. i miss you. ”, “ i want somebody with a sharp intellect and a heart from hell. somebody with eyes like starfire and a mouth with a kiss like a bottomless well. but mostly i just want someone who will love me. when i do not know how to love myself. ”, “ do not call me perfect, a lie is never a compliment. call me an erratic damaged and insecure mess. then tell me that you love me for it. ”, “ the hours between 12am and 6am have a funny habit of making you feel like you’re either on top of the world, or under it. ”, “ my heart beats in almosts. it’s constantly in pursuit of those whom it desires but the moment it comes too close, it stops, turns, and bolts in the other direction. i hold onto what makes me miserable and i let the good things go. i’m self destructive.” i said. “it’s the way i’ve always been.” “and why do you think that is” “because it’s simpler to destroy something you love,” i said. “than it is to watch it leave. ”, “ i just want to be the person you miss at 3am. ”, “ she was unstoppable. not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them. ”, for more from koty follow her on facebook ., koty neelis.
Former senior staff writer and producer at Thought Catalog.
Keep up with Koty on Twitter
More From Thought Catalog
My Eczema Horror Story
The Life Of An HIVictor Is One That Is Beautiful & Worth Living
Dorothy’s 8 Most Ruthless Lines in ‘The Golden Girls’ — The Savage Queen of Sarcasm
Unmatched Empathy– How IBD Warriors Helped Me Uncover A Strength I Never Knew I Had
7 Shows That Spotlight Queer Love Like ‘Heartstopper’ — And Where to Stream
‘Barbie’, Taylor Swift, And The Summer Of Feminine Joy
15 Romantic Short Love Stories To Read
I’m telling you the cutest, dramatic, and romantic love stories, short but exciting and real-life-based. By reading these stories, you can easily find yourself and your love, emotions, and memories. So let’s start to read!
1. Love At First Sight Story
Two teenagers badly fell in premature love the day they saw each other. They were classmates of the same co-educational school. They even shared the same desk & bench in the classroom and were in the VIIIth standard. They always stayed together in the morning prayer queue, school compound, classroom, etc. They used to exchange books and notebooks, solve homework, and even share their tiffins.
After the classes were over, they used to go for a long walk and spend quality time together. Their love was so deep & real that it became their instant source of motivation. As a result, their performance in academic pursuits was quite salutary.
They both topped in their VIIIth Board exams & declared the best outgoing students of their school. They got married only after completing their graduations together, thus ending their many years of platonic love. Their love’s intensity was such that even they decided to go for an issue less marital life together. According to them, a child between them could interfere with their undying love.
Both of them were in profitable professional careers in their lifetime. People used to say, ” No one has ever seen nor would see, such a fantastic couple with an oceanic love, the depth & vastness of which no ordinary human being can ever equalize or imagine.
In the office, meetings, on the way, the couple was almost always together and considered the only blessed couple on earth. They used to share pains, celebrate joys together, and experience every bit of life to its fullest. People who saw them loved them.
Greed, selfishness, hatred & anger were not even remotely related to their life. Helping attitude to the needy & old, advising those who were confused & indecisive, by the virtues of wisdom & vast knowledge they accumulated throughout their life, earned them the true love & admiration of their associated people.
In their 80s, at a stage when their love-loaded vehicle was almost approaching fast its last station of the journey of life, the old couple was seen nearly every time slowly walking up & down the narrow lane together nearby their house, holding each other’s hands.
Every sunrise & sunset, they would spend time together sitting in the house yard with the wife standing behind her husband and keeping her hand on his weak shoulder. By now, they could hardly recognize anyone by face at a distance of around 5-10 meters. Nevertheless, they would love cracking jokes at each other —
Wife: Dear, my eyes can still see better than your completely blurry eyes.” Husband: But, my remaining teeth can still chew faster than your almost blank jaws, Sweet Heart.
Wife: Still, I’m young enough to go into the kitchen to make you tea, darling. Husband: I’m also still strong enough to give you my shoulders to lean on.
The super old couple didn’t stay without each other, even for a few minutes. The older they became, the more love & intimacy did develop between them. Their Never-Die-Love became an eye-opener for many young & old lovers.
Even the old couple’s pair of dogs & cats seemed to have learned the art of true love from them. Because those pets were restless if they didn’t see them and always enjoyed their presence at home.
But one sad morning, the old wife fell & died in the kitchen while trying to bring a cup of tea for her husband. As the husband couldn’t bear her absence even for a couple of minutes, he slowly walked on his trembling legs to the kitchen, oblivious of the happening.
But, quite surprisingly, even after seeing his dead wife, he was emotionless with no sign of sadness or agony. He kissed her dead wife on her cheeks with his trembling lips and quietly walked back to the yard and sat on the chair.
Perhaps, still, he was expecting his wife to bring him the morning tea as usual. While on the chair, he repeatedly puts his hand on his shoulders as if he was searching for his wife’s hand. Tears of unexpressed grief, the grief of the separation of two great lovers, slowly rolled down the cheeks of the gentle older man. He secretly kept sobbing, hiding tears from his pet dogs & cats for hours together until the neighbors and well-wishers started pouring in.
By the evening, after the dead body was buried, all the mourners returned to sympathize & console him only to find him dead lying in a pool of blood. He shot himself to death with a suicide note kept beside him: We were ever happy in this life as we shared all the pains & pleasure of life. Now I can’t live without her, nor can she live without me. She will need my hands to wipe her tears & comfort her when she is sad & broken and, I will require her to make me tea every sunrise & sunset. So, I’m also ending my own life to follow her before it’s too late. Please take care of our dogs & cats.
Noteworthy:- Out of teeming millions of stars, your eyes are attracted only to the Moon. Likewise, you choose only your man or woman out of multitudes of people around you.
People say, Love at first sight seldom lasts, but sometimes it is not always correct. Instead, love, at first sight, can end as love at last sight too. It all depends. It’s been rightly said that love is blind. Before true lovers, even the magnificent grandeur of the Taj Mahal falls insignificant & pale. Even the Diamond value is reduced to the value of the scrapes before those madly in love. Therefore, love is termed successful only if it lasts till eternity. Otherwise, every love is a failure.
2. Neglect Love Life Story
I met a girl at the gym. At first, I adored her because she seemed so unreachable to me. She’s just gorgeous. She was a new member, and I supposed she noticed that I was looking at her.
But then we went on separate classes, me to the yoga, and she to the rpm. The funny thing was that when I finished my class, there she was in front of me, she looked at me, and that was the first time I fell in love with her. I talked to a man, so I didn’t get the chance to greet her as she left the place. Then, I waited a month to see her again.
Why? Because it was Saturday morning, and I only got one day off every month, he always worked out in the morning, while I couldn’t follow her schedule because I was working. So then we met again, after a month. This time I collected all my guts, joined the rpm class, sat next to her, and greeted her, just a simple hi. I couldn’t talk much because the class was almost started.
Because of one thing to another, I waited for another meeting. It just took weeks to see her. It’s very dispiriting for me. Patience was the only choice I got. The relationship grew quite well. Every time I looked at her since I hadn’t known her until we were friends, I noticed that she gave me such a look too. She stared at my eyes; it felt just different.
But then something came along. I made terrible mistakes bcause of my ignorance. The first was that I added her Fb without asking her permission. She disapproved of that request. I was thinking positively at the moment, “maybe she forgot me, or rarely online.”
Until I saw her recent updates that she approved another person, the worst was that I messaged her by saying, “hi, how are you? This is me..from the gym. Do you remember? Just looking at fb and found your acc there, and I would like to add you if you don’t know min FB” The next day, I met her again at the gym.
That’s when she changed. She barely looks at me, so cold. I tried to talk to her, she still replied, but geez, she’s just cold. So this might have made the situation worst, but I tried to clarify that Fb friend request. She said it was okay, but now she lied. I supposed that she thought of me as such a stalker who followed her everywhere while I wasn’t.
I just wrote five letters on that search box and luckily found her. Besides, I thought we were friends already, so adding her wouldn’t be a problem. But too bad it has been. Now every time I meet her, she avoids me. She acts like she doesn’t see me while I pass right in front of her nose.
And sometimes, she greets me hi without a smile, which I think that’s just formality. The problem is, she has been stuck there with a mindset of “bad me, or maybe even worst, physio me.”
I still greeted her hi when we met, but no more than that, sometimes, she replied, sometimes she just waved her hand, sometimes she acted like she didn’t hear, or maybe she didn’t. The primary point is that she never looked at me anymore through the eyes. She avoided me. What I want to ask is, is this over?
Isn’t there anything to be done to change this? Can time restore things? Or change her mind? I mean, people will say, “Get over it, man! Move on, find another, but I like her. She’s like a picture of my dream girl, so perfect in my eyes. I’m heartfelt about her.
If this could be fixed, I’ll fix it, even if it’ll cost me some pains in the heart, it doesn’t matter, I love her.
3. Romantic Sad Love Story
I thought you were the one. We were together for three years. We talked about marriage and even having kids together. We talked about what we would do if we ever lost each other, and we both gave a part of our pasts to one another.
I hate how our relationship ended, and it makes me so angry that you think I didn’t put in an effort or even care. I hate that after three years, you feel like I wanted nothing to do with you. It makes me mad to know that one argument, after being through so much, that that one small argument was the death of our relationship.
Honestly, I don’t miss our relationship anymore, seeing that it has already been about four months since we broke up, but it does bother me that you seem to think that I didn’t care. And you know what killed me? When I saw that you could ultimately be happy and be fine two days after our relationship ended.
How dare you say I didn’t care and then go and act like that three years meant nothing two days later? I hate that you were able to be so happy without me. I wanted to be the reason for your happiness, and you didn’t let me be anymore. I wanted to be everything you wanted me to be, but you didn’t give me a chance.
I can’t get over how we spent so much time on each other, helping each other, talking to each other, laying down together, holding each other, and generally binding together, and that it’s all over. It still hurts me, but I know I will be okay.
I’m just hurt. I’m hurt that you were able to move on that quickly, and I’m hurt that you excluded me from your life so quickly. It hurts to know how emotionally invested I was, yet you took it like a joke -like it didn’t matter.
I hate to see that you’re so happy without me. I hate to know that I’m no longer the reason for your happiness. And what I hate the most is how many people I sacrificed with and how many people I didn’t allow in my life because you didn’t like them or were jealous. And now I can’t get them back. And it wasn’t even worth it.
4. You Are My True Love
The ray of light punishes me by waking me up too early. Oh, I try to turn, but I end up butting heads with someone else. “ Auch,” the feminine voice yelp in pain. I know my head is made of stone. I can’t deny it, but who is this lady?
I live alone, and I don’t have any girlfriend, yet I don’t remember bringing anyone home yesterday, but how did this lady know my password? I can’t understand all of this.
‘What did you do to me? ’ the lady screamed, barely noticing me, and I almost laughed. “Like? ” I said, trying to be funny, but she threw a pillow at me. “What are you doing here? In my room? ” she shouted. Omo see me see jamb question o no be my house I dey?
“This is my room!! ” I yelled, but she looked around. “This is my room!! ” she yelled Abe wa gba mi ni again? Which kain problem be this one now? I took my toothbrush and toothpaste, and I started brushing my teeth whatever I wanted to sele here. I want to know.
But how couldn’t I notice I slept with a full shape coca-cola babe like this? I for nack am I watch her para about acting as if I got her drunk and raped her. ‘Whats the unit number of this apartment? ’ she asked. Oh, oh, I think she finally has sense. “ 24,” I answered, and she hit her head twice with her palm.
“Turn your head,” she said, and I rotated my head in a circular motion. “No, oh gawd, I mean turn around,” she said, clutching the blanket as if her life depended on it.
I think she is dressing up because I can hear the sound of her zipper. The babe is so beautiful o I didn’t notice. She is dark with a full gift of natural hair styled into Bantu knots. I take another look at her. Wow, and I like what I see.
“I’m sorry, you are the new neighbor, right? ” she said, bowing her head low. I think she is ashamed. “I moved in a week ago,” I replied. “I used to live here until last week, but I was too drunk yesterday. I just come straight to my old house, and I punch in the password, and since you never change it, I just enter and sleep like that you know? Do you get the situation? ” She said with a shaky voice, and I think I like this girl, o she is just too delicate.
“Yes, but why did you drink so much? ” I asked, striking a conversation. “ is it not the naughty I called my boyfriend? He broke up with me. I love him so much,” she said, almost crying, but she opened my fridge, and she took a bottle of red wine, and she gulps down half of it yeh! I almost die. This girl gets in mind!
But why will a guy break up with such a beautiful girl? He must be an idiot and a professional idiot. “ I’m Celine and you? ” she said, ha see me, I did not even ask her name. “ I’m Maurice,” I said, but I didn’t use to believe in love at first sight, but this babe gets me killed. ‘ I’m leaving my house is unit 26 ’ she bade her goodbye. I don’t know how my body is doing me. After the incident, we did not even cross paths again. I went to her house, but her friends told me she had traveled. How can she travel after having so much effect on me?
A month passed, six months, then a year, I never found my Celine. I try to forget about her, but no, I always think about her every night. I thought I had lost her until my secretary told me a girl was looking for me. I didn’t put much thought; I hardly go around with girl smash and leave, but I don’t know what to say, Celine. Did I tell my secretary to let her then I receive the shock of my life Celine? I almost faint this is oh no, I couldn’t believe it.
I swing her into a hug, and she hit me playfully before I let her go. She smiled, flashing her set of white teeth, that smile sweetly I die. I just dey look at the babe sitting in front of me, Celine? Oga o.
“ Maurice I can’t believe you actually went to my house. I was just too ashamed to face you. You know I couldn’t believe I slept in someone else’s house and he even happen to be a man? I couldn’t believe myself,” she said, and I understand her correctly. That’s why she traveled.
“I understand Celine so how is now your ex? ” I asked, and she laughed. “He impregnated three ladies and he ask two to abort it but did you know the funniest thing? ” this girl likes laughing o she is just making me shout hurray inside my heart without celebrating anything. ‘What? ’ I asked
“ the third one gave birth to triplets ” she laughs even more loudly, and I also laughed funny cause. This girl is serving a living God o seriously.
“But thank God I have someone else in my heart ” she said, and my heart sinks immediately.
“And who is that person? ” I asked, trying to hide my disappointment. ‘Do I need to tell the person? ’ she hissed, and I got confused. She is talking about me!! Oh, God bless the day Celine’s ex broke up with her. God bless the day she got drunk and slept at my place. If not, I wouldn’t have met a wonderful lady named Celine. The bone of my bone flesh of my flesh.
We are getting married next week, and I’m inviting all of your Venue, anywhere you see canopy, Lol!
5. A Beautiful Dream Story
This morning I opened my eyes to see the sun shining and rising in the sky, everything was sweet for few minutes, but everything changed, the sunlight was gone, and the dark comes then my heart stop beating, I feel fear, I started yelling,” hello!
Anybody can save me from this hell, anybody can hear me? Please, what’s happening here? Why is no one replying to me? ” But the answer was nothing, the trears become falling from my eyes and no one with me. For a while i feel a water at my hand it was raining that moment i feel that the sky with me and try to make me in safe. It was seem crying with me, and while im talking my self i heard a voice saying “don’t be afraid I’m here with you.
Just give me your hand, and everything will be okay “, for a moment i see a white light coming from far away and nearning me, i said “who are you? And how you found me? What do you wanna from me?” He was smiling and said “I’m inside you!
I’m your white heart why you keep me always in this darkness, and this is just a little exam to feel my cause, so please look inside you! Look at me! Please clean your brain from all negative things and problems only. Just try to be happy, not for the others but you!”
I said,” but how can that happen? You are my heart, but here you are human. How can that happen? ” He said, “give me your hand, and you will see! Trust me!” I gave my hand to find my self in my room, and my heart was beating again. I start crying and crying, but I heard that voice also saying,”.
It was just a dream, keep calm and live this life happy, and it was just a dream! ” from that time, I decide to leave this world and follow my heart, not people’s opinions. It’s just a bad dream!
6. Long Distance Relationship Short Story
I am 34 years old, married, and have a beautiful girl.
My story began when I had decided to go abroad because I wanted to make some money and because I was curious about why everyone wants to travel around the world. So, I left for Italy with my sister, and we were relying on a friend of ours to help us find a job there.
We arranged to meet the friend mentioned above named T. At first, I didn’t pay too much attention when I saw him. However, his height made him impossible not to notice. So, after a few times meeting him, I realized how kind, smiling, and easy-going he was.
He had some problems with his wife, who he had left in Canada, and begged to come to Italy. Gradually, we reached a point where I began to like this man and wanted him 100%.
I wasn’t expecting anything besides sex. I was confused with some people in a foreign country with a foreign language that I didn’t understand and with him; kind, caring, and in love with me.
However, he quickly started dreaming about how we would create our own life, how I would get a divorce, and how much he loved me. I wasn’t feeling the same way. I wanted to go back to Canada and back to what I had left there; he was also acting weird after living without a woman for so long.
And so, I couldn’t handle this anymore, I kept thinking about my child, and I left for Canada. Then my pain started. I immediately felt a lack of attention, affection, and spark in my sex life. We began maintaining an ongoing phone relationship by writing secret text messages in the middle of the night. “My love, amore, sweetheart.”
The distance was making us want each other even more. This was when I made all the mistakes, and I told him many lies. I told him how I hated my husband and wanted a divorce. It wasn’t easy to live like this at all.
I was lying to both of us. I changed, became frustrated, and my husband reacting to this didn’t take long. There were constant scandals that made my child suffer when she heard them. Everything was a complete mess.
T. was pushing me to leave and go to him, and I couldn’t leave my child and husband. There was also something else that was more important than everything.
I was not in love with T., even though I used to say it back to him all the time when he told me that he loved me. I didn’t want a future with a man I didn’t have strong feelings for. THIS KEPT GOING ON FOR 3 YEARS.
We spent very little time physically together during this period because this was only possible when he returned to Canada, and I could come up with an excuse. I did know that I had to put a stop to this living hell that I had created myself.
Every night, I was full of regrets. I kept thinking about how I deserved neither one of them. I couldn’t find the words to express my desire to break it off with T. So, and I left it to him to figure it out.
I didn’t get a divorce. I continue living with this massive burden on my shoulders, which remained unshared. I attempted to meet with T and tell him how I felt, but it was another mistake because he saw it as a willingness to continue our relationship and have a life together one day.
I gave up, and I stopped contacting him, and so did he. I hope that he has found his true love. Regardless, I still feel awful about it.
I messed up T’s life with my lies, and ruined my family’s balance and trust. Nothing is the same anymore.
So there it is, I shared my lie with you, and I hope that someone might understand how I feel, even though I am not a very good writer. I don’t know if I’ll get a reply from any of you, but at least my story can serve as an example.
7. Cute Short Love Story
I Love Twilight, But I Also Hate It
My relationship with The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer is complicated. It’s a love and hate that is full of shades of gray. It started with a curious 16-year-old girl who felt like books would never really be her thing. A girl who never could quite see the appeal in the sorts of books she was supposed to read. Books about ghosts and murder were the go-to, but none of those had awards, none of those were reads of substance.
Then there was Twilight. It still wasn’t quite “a book of substance,” but almost every girl my age was reading it, gushing about it. It had vampires. I still remember the first time I opened the first book lying on my bed, excited and nervous that I was about to face disappointment.
No disappointment was found. I was entirely and blindly fascinated with these characters and this world. I quickly read the rest of the series, a reading frenzy that ended with a very late night of rage sobbing through the end of Breaking Dawn. The last book perplexed me, but I loved it still.
The descent of my love happened slowly. Through comments about Mary Sues and questions about literally every weird thing in Breaking Dawn. Through the mocking that would ensue in the wake of the first film. My eyes were opened, Twilight and its sequels were not good books, but I couldn’t entirely shake the fact that I loved them.
I read the series twice more throughout high school, each with a greater awareness of its flaws, but with just as much speed and vigor. Twilight was not good, but each time I was hooked. I was stuck in a place of yet again loving something that I should not love, and it was an uncomfortable place to be.
Shortly after college, I sold all of my Twilight books for a fraction of what was paid for them. I felt that I’d read them three times each, and there was no way I’d likely ever reread them. Deep down, though, I knew I was embarrassed by them sitting on my shelves. I felt guilty for that embarrassment too. It felt like I was betraying an older part of myself, a more blissfully innocent part of myself. But I couldn’t have the books anymore, so I sold them.
Years later, I remember being asked the longest book I ever read. It didn’t take me long to realize there was only one answer. I said, “Breaking Dawn.” They responded with, “That isn’t real reading.” I immediately wanted to get defensive, but I bit my tongue. Twilight may not have been great literature, but it was reading.
In a way, I feel like that conversation sums up many of the reasons I walked away from Twilight. Turned my eager and innocent love into “ha ha yeah, Twilight’s stupid.” Much like my childhood’s horror books, my peers, and the more incredible culture convinced me that loving Twilight made me a lesser reader.
I was gullible and unintellectual for consuming such drivel. Gosh, couldn’t I see what a horrible Mary Sue Bella was? Could I not see every little continuity error in the entire four-book series? Didn’t I know it was lame to like Twilight?
It didn’t matter that after reading Twilight, I went to my public library and got my library card. That I spent most of the following summer riding my bike to the library to grab a new stack of books to read that week. I would read the days and nights away.
I was the girl who thought I would never love to read because I always liked the wrong kinds of books, and I was suddenly spending endless hours falling into different worlds and the lives of other characters. That didn’t matter, though, because Twilight was terrible.
But the truth is, it did matter. Twilight is not a great series. It’s poorly written. It romanticizes manipulative and controlling relationships. It’s 100 percent batshit crazy. It’s pretty terrible literature, and many think pieces tearing it apart are justified. But for the 16-year-old girl who thought she would never love books, it was an invaluable gateway into an exciting world of stories and imagination.
I will always love and hate Twilight in all its shades of gray.
8. The Act Real Life Story
You woke up today with a frown. You threw your sheets aside, got out of bed, and rammed the toothbrush into your mouth only to wince at the pain. Why do you begin your day like this? Are you annoyed thinking of the long day ahead? Maybe. Are you at a job you hate? Definitely. Are you just groaning to wake up to see another day? If you are, you shouldn’t be.
You are blessed to see another day, child. As you opened your eyes this morning, someone else closed theirs forever. While you ripped the sheets off yourself, someone’s coffin was sealed shut. When you cringed thinking of the day ahead, someone somewhere just found out that they have only a month left to do everything they wanted to do in twenty years or so. You are blessed to see another day.
It doesn’t take much to be an optimist. You’ve just got to look at certain things differently than how you used to. You might be hurt, stressed, devastated, recovering from a breakup, or just empty and lost. But you’ve woken up to a new dawn. Would you want to cry about it longer than you already have?
Wake up with a smile. Make someone smile. Talk to a lot of people and listen to a few. I say “a few” because I’ve heard many of them, and it is not easy. It’s harder than it sounds. Listen to a few, and you might feel that you’re in a much better place than them.
Shutting yourself doesn’t help. Always know that there is someone out there who will listen. If you have friends who come to you when you’re all smiles and don’t bother when you shed a tear, keep them at a distance. You don’t need that. You will have one person who listens to you and understands your pain. Of that, I am sure.
You are blessed to see another day, child. Let that blessing mean nothing.
9. Cute College Love Story
What do you even know about love? She screamed at me. You don’t know anything about it. How did you even think that you were in love with me?
It’s true. I do not know about love. Well, not much anyway. What I do know, however, is that love is pain personified. That it is not easy. It is not easy to take a look at someone’s darkness and accept it as your own. And to look at your light and give them credit for the same. It is not easy to put their every need above yours even when they do not realize it.
To keep awake in the night talking to them when all you want at that moment is to be one with your couch. And to stay without sleep when you can’t speak to them. Till 3. 3:30. 4. Wondering what they are up to. Did they even know that at this very moment, someone loves them so much that he could give away his life for them? Who knows how many hours are wasted by lovers in this world.
But then why do we love the people we love, I wonder? Especially the ones who don’t love us back. Considering humans consider themselves the most intelligent of animals, we are very irrational, I would say.
We fall in love at the worst time, with the worst person possible for us, and no matter how much we regret it or know that it is not in our best interests, we continue. Holding on to that last shard of hope when even Elpis herself has abandoned us.
But then maybe this is what makes us human. That sometimes, the universe gives a damn and looks around at all the people struggling against impossible odds and takes pity on a few of them. The success stories. The fairy tales. Come alive by people who love each other so much that they conquered the odds. So maybe my love was the one that was lacking and not the universe. Or the fates.
When I was a kid, I thought that first love would be my last. But I was wrong. Then I thought that my next one would be the last. I was wrong again. I just want someone who accepts me for who I am and a whole long list of requirements. I will not fall in love easily this time and break my heart again. But am I wrong also?
Yeah, probably. I guess I do know nothing about love. But then, who does?
10. Valentine Love Story
I don’t know, but some parts of that month break my heart. Yes! Valentine’s Day was coming, but we broke up, he broke up with me. Do you know the reasons? I will tell you. That’s because of my Attitude because maybe every day I act abnormal, my weird personalities, even my wrong sides.
I don’t know, but I’m tired also. I’m just also a human, but I understand him. Some friends of mine that I’m scared of commitment are not afraid of commitment. I’m scared of giving my all to someone and ending up with nothing again.
Yes, it hurts. I know he’ll do everything, and I see his efforts, and now he asks me to come back, and I said no. No, because you left me, right? You already break my heart twice, and that’s enough! I celebrated my Valentine with my family. But two exes of mine chatted and greeted me.
One that was let me name him; he was a cliff. Yes, he was my ex, but he’s the one that I think perfect, so my heart beat so fast, Oh! Self, your broken, right? But I saw him on Facebook; he makes me smile.
Even if he was my ex, he was still my dream man. For me, he’s perfect, let me describe him. He’s tall, a cute smile that will make you fall, nice hair, long nose, attractive, and I like the way he wears let we say “porma.” Opps that enough. Haha, lets back to the main topic, haha. Yes! We chatted, and that time was February 14, Valentine’s Day !
He speaks to come over to their village to walk and talk. I feel so excited and nervous because we haven’t seen each other for a long time. Yes, I agree, and now I’m here waiting for him, yes I see him walking and coming to me, and I start walking too. My heartbeat so fast because while he’s walking, he’s smiling, oh man! Why so handsome?. Even they wear shorts and white shirts, he still hot.
Oh! Stop self, don’t show that you’re crazy again. Now we’re starting walking and sit on the bench, yeah, I felt hot because of no wind, but I don’t know he off his shirts, oh my god! He has abs oppress. I asked why he off his shirt, and he said to got some air, and he turns around his shirt. Yes, I got some air about what he was doing.
Thank you. And now it’s awkward, and we have no more topics, and I’m distracted with his body. So I have a TikTok, so I decided to video with him. At first, he’s shy, but he goes with the flow in the end.
We spent time short because he has something to do in their house. We bye to each other. “See you tomorrow love,” wait? Does he say that?. Love? Me? Omg! What’s wrong with me?!
Stop. And now I just got home, oh yes I forgot to tell you that I invited him to our school because we have an event, so that’s why he said those words, but I mean, I’m don’t know what happens. My broken heart turns to feel in love again. He completes it. But what can you say that I came from heartbreak with my ex and now this ex complete it.
But I tell you, my Valentine’s was perfect. Maybe I think of it. FF. It’s February 15, and this is the day. Now I’m here in school waiting to start the event and waiting for him. He said he has one friend who would like to come, so I said yes, but he pays the entrance, haha.
So he chatted that they here in school, so I go out to find them, but I can’t see them. I said to them that I’m here at the entrance gate, and Yes! Finally, I see them. I was struct my eyes only for him. He was so handsome. I enjoyed watching the event, but sometimes I got irritated because some girl passing, they will look at him and said he’s gorgeous. Yes! He is!
So please leave! I think he notices my face, so he comes closer to me. Hehe, I’m ok now. He treated me that I’m her girlfriend, I appreciated. But wait. There was never an us we have no label, but I’m stupid so enjoy that night with him. The event finishes at 10 pm, so his friend said we go to the plaza to walk. So we sit at the bench and talk, again some girl, ah! Nvm! “lets eat,” he said.
So now we were eating, and now we were done. And one of his friends saw her friend a girl, yes shes beautiful. After that, we decided to go to the girl’s boarding house to have some rest.
So we go to boarding. We sit there, and he’s distracting me by getting my hand and looking at my face, lying in my laps, taking pictures, hugging me, he gets my hand and put it to his face, oh my god, he’s charming. This day was so.
I decided now to go home because it’s already 12. So I out first in the house and wear my doll shoes. “wait for me” so I saw him getting shoes, so I play with him that I already go, so I walk fast hide. It takes a minute because you know he’s wearing shoes. Haha.
So I’m waiting, and suddenly I saw him running more quickly to go with me haha so I go out and laugh with him, but I don’t know but hug him because of the stupid I did.
“I thought you leave me,” he said. Oops? What? My heart. I still hugging him because he’s sad after what I’ve done, haha. I think I’m fallen again with him. And now we’re walking while he holds my hands like we are couples. And if some girl looks at him, I will walk faster and haha no choice. He follows and holds my hand. “Thank you for this night love,” he said. And he was taking me home.
11. I Love You Story
She stood kicking around a small rock, waiting for the bus to arrive. In the far distance, the sound of a roar mixed with the sound of thunder, and shortly after, a black and red motorcycle made its appearance. Stopping just a few feet away, he’d soon put the engine to sleep. S
he watched as he took off his helmet, revealing the obnoxiously refined looks he possessed. The silk black hair swayed beautifully as he shook it away from his face. “Want a ride,” he asked with a serious face. She held tightly on the bag handle she wore across her body and looked around for the person he spoke to.
“You, I’m asking you,” he clarified with a smirk. Her eyes widen, but the words she thought of saying got tangled in her tongue. Innocently, she quickly shook her head no. He let out a chuckle and leaned against his bike. “I just saw the bus back there.
It appears to have a flat tire,” he informed. Still, she ignored his request and looked ahead for the big thing. “A storm is coming, we should go,” he suggested giving her a slight head gesture to hop on. He handed her his helmet, but she just stood in awe. She asked herself why he suddenly cared if she got wet or not.
A cold drop of rain crushed on her cheek, advising of the little time remaining to take shelter. She didn’t notice before, but the sky had already turned a hideous black color. Hesitantly, she reached for the helmet and adjusted it on her small skull.
With the help of his hand, she’d gotten on without any issue. Her fingers curled around the ends of his jacket as she waited patiently for the takeoff. With a small chuckle, he revived the beast he’d previously put to sleep. “Hey, neighbor, you might want to hold on tight,” he suggested mimicking.
With that, he took off, making her clutch tightly around his waist. The rain sparkled around them but couldn’t be felt on their skin. Although she’d seen him around, she didn’t imagine ever talking to him.
His looks were out of this world and certainly out of her league. But today, she was hugging him on his motorcycle. Holding his body while sniffing the manly cologne he wore that evening. This was indeed the start of a beautiful new beginning?
12. A Pure Love Story
“What would you do if I’d broke up with you?” he asked unexpectedly. His question came like cold water to her body. She looked at him suspiciously and sipped on her drink, preventing herself from coughing out the food. From the day she found out about his sickness, she’d begged God to let him live a normal life. But breaking up? She didn’t think about it.
She glanced at him and held her breath. “Why would you break up with me?” she mumbled worriedly. His stare remained on his plate, unwilling to respond, he took another bite of his pizza. “Did I do something wrong?” Still, he remained quiet.
She looked at him and smiled hypocritically. “You’re joking right?” she asked again diligently. Without answering her, he chewed up the bites of pizza in his mouth. “What if I told you that I can’t remember loving you?” he asked again, cutting up her soul with his words.
She pursed her lips tight and blinked away the sudden sting in her eyes. Her mind seeks many answers to questions he left in the air. A deep lamented sigh escaped her mouth as she found the courage to look back at him. “What are you saying?” she throttled through the asphyxiation of her lungs. He furrowed his eyebrows and finally looked at her. The pain in her eyes startled him. It took all his strength to stop himself from hugging her. He took the cup in his hand and smirked.
“I’m saying that maybe, I never really loved you,” he replied, gulping down his drink. She gave him a sorrowful look and then bit her lips. As if by doing so, the tears that threaten to fall would subside. “Why are you doing this?” she choked out. He disguised his pain by biting on the slice of pizza again. He blinked away the soreness in his eyes and swallowed his food forcefully.
“What would you do?” he asked again, feeling angry with himself. She looked at him with eyes as big as the glowing moon. Whatever the reason was for his sudden change of heart, she couldn’t understand. Just thinking about losing him caused the stable ground of hers to tremble. “I’d die,” she replied honestly.
He could feel his heart pound against his chest. All he wanted was to protect her, and the only way to do it was hard on her. He furrowed his eyebrows and then chuckled in amazement. Though he knew how to be harsh, it became difficult every time.
She stood up and silently walked away from the place they were sitting at. Her heartfelt heavy, and her sight became foggy from the upcoming tears. ‘Stop her. Hug her. Tell her you love her. ’ He’d thought about doing that, but his body wouldn’t budge, and his words got tangled up in his throat. The willingness to let her leave had completely failed. He found his feet following her quietly as she created an unreadable path ahead. He stuck his hand in his pocket and felt his body freeze.
The box that carried the ring he bought her not long ago touched his fingertips. Releasing the anchor that stopped his heart once again. The truth seems to be misty and intoxicating, but he plans to swallow it for her own sake. Though he tried not to question the god who created him, he felt anger. He wanted to know why now. He wanted to scream, wail, and beg to let him live a little longer. Certainly, he was paying for all his mistakes, but it still felt unfair.
He watched as she stopped engraving her feet in the snow-covered ground and turned to face him. The warm tears that rolled down her cheeks seem to dry up easily with the cold air.
A long and empty sound echoed through the calm whooshing wind as they faced each other painfully. She didn’t know what or why he was doing it for, but the look on his face reflected the pain she felt.
“I don’t want to break up,” she screamed, choking through the loop in her throat. Her words forced him to stop breathing. He locked his sight into the greenest forest he knew, her eyes, and begin to melt in pain.
He raised his eyebrow, exhaling heavily troubled enough to speak. “Madison,” he said, finally finding a way to free his voice. She rubbed her watery eyes with her jacket’s sleeve and sighed desperately. “So even if you decide to leave me, I’ll be here. Always.” She proclaimed, letting out a lamented sigh.
Without warning, she paced towards him hurriedly. Embracing his resilient body into a very tight hug. His eyes widen while his heart skipped multiple beats. He could feel the tingling sensation of the tears trying to escape his tired, droopy eyes. ‘Foolish girl,’ he thought to himself, also embracing her tightly against his sturdy but a deficient body.
13. Heart Touching Love Story
I gently held her by the hand, stopping her from leaving, “give me 5 minutes, ” I begged. She began to fidget, but I tighten my grip. We’d met one warm summer night a few years back at a friend gathering, and since then, I couldn’t get her off my mind. She was beautiful, a bit too gorgeous for her good. I barely knew her boyfriend, but that didn’t stop me from courting her. I tried not to be too obsessive; however, it became merely impossible.
I slid my hand up her nape and stared at her, “look at me,” I said, slightly annoyed that she kept pushing me away. “Do you not feel the same way I do?” I asked, knowing well she would deny it. As expected, she blurted out a resounding NO.
An involuntary smirk spread across my face as I managed to turn her sight towards me. I felt it and was sure she did too. The way she vibrated whenever I was near, the way she avoided looking me in the eyes, and the way she began to breathe rapidly said it all.
I inclined my body closer to hers, “Why are you lying?” I whispered. She tried pushing away but failed miserably. “Please let me go. Someone might misunderstand,” she begged hopelessly. Piercing my eyes on her, I delicately rubbed the back of my hand on her cheek. “I would love for that to happen?” I confessed shamelessly. She let out a heavy sigh and swung my handoff.
“Don’t be scare. I’ll take care of you,” I insisted impatiently. I could tell by her silence that she wanted it just as much as I did. Her expression changed from angry to confused. Although I was honest, she didn’t believe I’d fallen head over heels for her.
I took her hand in mine and slightly squeezed it, “come with me,” I pleaded wholeheartedly. She glared at me, incredulous maybe that a guy like me said such things. She suddenly snatched her hand away, “that’s enough,” she accused, seemingly upset. I quickly perceived how hard she has fallen for me too though she’d denied it several times.
“I’m not like that. I have a boyfriend, and I love him,” she informed. She was trying to convince herself more than me that it was true. She stepped away, distressed of how evident it was she was lying. “You don’t feel anything for me then?” I asked desperately.
A feigned smile formed on her lips as she locked her eyes with mine. Before she could answer, I scooped her in my arms and placed her against the wall.
Her eyes wide open as she gasped for air. I gave her an honest look before diving myself in for a kiss. She twitched and pushed, trying hard to be released, but I was persistent. A few seconds later, she stopped moving, so did I. I unlatched my lips from hers and looked at her, ashamed yet satisfied. We were both out of breath, staring at each other in disbelief.
Her expression was difficult to read, and it was probably because she’d confirmed her feeling for me. After a minute of staring silently at each other, her eyes begin to get watery. It was the guilt building up knowing she’d just cheated on her boyfriend physically and emotionally. I smeared away the falling tears with my thumb attempting to redeem my mistake.
I was sure I’d lost her forever with this and was ready to let her go. Instead, she gripped the sides of my coat tightly and stared at me with bleary eyes. I knew then what she meant and kissed her again. This time, she didn’t object and follow my lead. We immersed ourselves in satisfaction, forgetting about everything and everyone. It was more than the feeling I imagined it to be.
It was happiness in the small form of her. The creaking sound of a door opening followed by a familiar voice startled us. Out of breath, she pushed me away and stared at me with big wide eyes. It was her boyfriend going upstairs. I nodded my head sideways, letting her know I didn’t want her to go, but she didn’t listen. She wiped her face with her hands, serrated a “sorry,” and then ran downstairs to greet him.
14. My Real Love Story
I can’t keep on loving you one foot outside the door. I hear a funny hesitation of a heart that’s never really sure, can’t keep on trying. If you’re looking for more every time you pull me up. You only let me down. Maybe you’ll be sorry, perhaps you’ll be cold, or maybe you’ll come running back to me. Perhaps I’ll be here, but perhaps I’ll see you around, the suspense is pounding and clouding up my head.
You are not the person I used to know. Maybe it’s my fault. I pushed you over the edge because that’s what I always do to those I love. But maybe in this life, you were never mine to begin. All I have to say is perhaps the stranger is me. I must have changed so drastically. I don’t know where this road leads, but it does not lead us to both desires.
The way you put her first, the things you say to people says a lot to me. I’m still your side chick, or should I mean maybe it’s time. I accepted my fate that I would never have my own. I wonder why you would rather risk us just for an ex that has created scars. Scars you are trying so hard to overcome, I know I’m crazy, and I’m not perfect. But I’ve never given you a reason to doubt my love or bring you pain that you find yourself not knowing your position in my life.
But I guess again, and love made me like it usually does. And please go ahead and tell her she has a part of you to herself, and I have a smaller portion. All I ever did was love you as broken as I am.
You made me believe in love. You made me think that loving someone who has been with someone else far too long can never be trusted when it comes to that particular person, yet again I find myself hurt. You know what this time around, I’m much calmer and much wiser.
I’m not afraid of the pain, it’s true what they say thunder don’t strike the same place twice, and me oh, I love you too much and today. I realized how much I need you in my life, but then again, I realized my happiness only lies with me. Dear lover, I hope this finds you.
15. One Sided Love Story
I wish there were something magical I could say to heal your broken heart. Something miraculously amazing that you would love to believe. But the truth is, there’s not. You can’t make someone love you just because you love it.
I know it hurts to be the one loving with all soul and heart and receiving nothing at the end of the day, but you can’t even help it. You feel like your own emotions are destroying you. You can’t convince someone to care for you. You can’t control someone’s feelings. You can’t make them see the way you see them. You can’t make them feel lovable and show how worthy you are. But, all you can do is focus on yourself. Focus on people who stay. Focus on your favorite.
Give yourself some time, I know letting go is never a natural choice but sometimes the only option left. So what are you waiting for? Waiting that they care too! Expecting that something unrequited will turn into something mutual? Please stop! Stop hoping and fooling yourself for someone who can’t love you.
And believe me, someone will come along who will make you smile every second. You won’t beg them to love you. Someone who won’t imagine a world without you.Someone who will love your flaws.Someone who will fill your heart with love you were waiting for. And for now, move on from the person who can’t love you and know your worth and smile.
I hope you’ll like this romantic and cute love stories. These love stories reflect human love and emotions. Your love life or love story is something like this and memorable. If you want to share your love story, please mail us by the contact page section.
Thanks for reading this lovely short romantic love stories.
Read More: Romantic Love Story
Table of Contents
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
The Concept of True Love Definition Essay
Introduction, understanding the unrealistic notion of true love, the concept of love itself is an illusion, works cited.
We will write a custom Essay on The Concept of True Love specifically for you for only 9.35/page
808 certified writers online
The concept of true love is based on the belief that to truly love someone you have to accept them for who they are (including their shortcoming and faults), put their happiness above your own (even if your heart is broken in the process) and that you will always love them even if they are not by your side.
In essence it is a self-sacrificing act wherein a person puts another person’s happiness and well-being above their own. For example in the poem “To my Dear and Loving Husband” by Anne Bradstreet she compares her love for her spouse as “more than whole mines of gold or all the riches that the East doth hold” (Bradstreet, 1). While such an example is archaic it does present itself as an excellent example of the value of true love for other people.
What must be understood though is that in recent years the concept of true has been adopted by popular culture as a needed facet in a person’s life. Various romantic comedies produced by Hollywood all portray characters that at one point or another exhibit tendencies akin to the realization that their life is incomplete without true love and that they should seek it out in the form of female or male character that has been provided as an embodiment of what true love should be.
Due to the influences of popular culture on modern day society this has resulted in more people believing in the concept of true love and actively seeking it out as a result. The inherent problem with this is that true love is an ideal that can be considered the embodiment of every single positive thing that can happen actually happening. In that a person that fits your idea of the perfect partner suddenly appears, that events lead the two of you to be together and that the end result is a classic happily ever after ending.
Unfortunately it must be noted that the concept of the “ideal” is based on the best possible action, event and circumstance actually happening. The fact remains that the real world, unlike in the movies, does not revolve around fortuitous circumstances and the supposed ideal is nothing more than a fanciful notion created by the movie industry.
For example in the story “Rose for Emily” it can be seen that the main character, Emily Grierson, goes to such lengths of retaining love that she murders Homer Barron in order to keep him by her side (Faulkner, 1). The reason behind this action is simple, by the time Homer Barron came into her life she couldn’t experience true love as we know it in the movies due to the effect of reality.
Due to this she creates the illusion of love which she wraps around herself. While most people don’t go to the lengths Emily had done it must be noted that they often follow the same pattern of developing the illusion of true love and retaining its idea. Since the concept of finding true love revolves around finding the ideal partner and that the ideal partner is nothing more than a fanciful creation it can be said that the reality of true love does not exist since it revolves around a fictitious notion and principle.
In the story of Araby readers are introduced to the concept of an unrealistic idea of the embodiment of love wherein the narrator (in the form of a young boy) falls in apparent rapture at the sight of Mangan’s sister. Though she is never mentioned by name the line “I pressed the palms of my hands together until they trembled, murmuring: ‘O love! O love!’ many times”, shows that the boy indeed developed substantial feelings for her (Joyce, 1).
It fact it is suggested numerous times in the story that the boy thinks that what he feels is true love and this is exemplified by his action of offering to buy the girl some souvenir from the Araby fair. Yet once he gets there he encounters a full grown woman at a stand idly chatting with men on various nonsensical topics.
It is then that he comes to the realization that he had crafted for himself a false ideal and that what lay before him was an example of what he could gain in the future. It must be noted that in essence this particular encounter shows what happens when an “ideal” meets reality in that the boy had been so presumptuous in crafting an “ideal” for himself that he neglected to take into account the possibility of better things in the future.
The line “I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger” is an indication of the point in the story when the boy comes to the realization that his ideal was false and that he only though that way because of his isolated world (Joyce, 1).
The story itself could be considered a microcosm of reality with Mangan’s sister acting as the concept of true love. The isolated nature of the idea of love developed by the boy in the story could be compared to the propagated concept of true love in movie industry wherein concepts related to the ideal partner as exemplified by various movies are in effect false when compared to the realities people face.
All too often people think of a person as their true love in an isolated fashion, conceptualizing in them in a world devoid of the interference of reality wherein their every move is considered lovely and perfect.
While such a concept is seen in numerous films it can be seen though that this particular point of view is usually false since when the outside world of reality is introduced people tend to see their “ideals” for what they really are and as a result their behaviors towards such loves usually change.
In essence it can be boiled down to true love being a fantasy created through the isolation of an individual from reality and as such can never be truly attained since once reality is introduced the fantasies diminish resulting in reality taking over banishing the illusion and subjecting people to the harsh truths that they neglected to see.
In the story bitch by Roald Dahl readers are introduced to the notion that passion incited through the creation of a simple chemical compound. This notion is actually symbolic of an ongoing thought that feelings of love are nothing more than illusion created by chemicals and hormones in the body that induce such feelings in order to propagate the species.
In fact various studies have do indeed show that love is a chemical reaction in the brain and as such if properly triggered through an outside source it can be assumed that this can in effect create the same feelings of love.
In fact the poem “Love is not all” by Edna St Vinven Millay says its best when she states that “Love is not all, is not meat or drink nor slumber nor roof against the rain”; from this it can be said that love is immaterial, nothing more than an illusion created by man (Millay, 1). For example in the story it can be seen that once males are affected by the chemical they all of sudden give into to primal urgings for procreation and don’t remember their actions afterwards (Dahl, 1).
Such an effect is suggestive of the fact that in essence people only consider love as love when there is a thought that tries to explain it. The loss of memory of events in the story is symbolic of the loss of thought and as a result the loss of the ability to associate a particular action with love.
In effect the story suggests that love itself is nothing more than a chemical reaction and that as logical individuals we try to justify it through other means that what it actually is. If this is so, the concept of true love itself is again proven to be nothing more than an illusion since it can be considered nothing more than a chemical and hormonal reaction rather than originating from some arbitrary and yet to be defined origin.
Faulkner, William. “Rose for Emily”.
Dahl, Roald. “Bitch”- Switch bitch”.
Bradstreet, Anne.“To My Dear and Loving Husband”
Millay, Edna.“Love Is Not All”
Need a custom definition essay sample written from scratch by professional specifically for you?
807 certified writers online
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2019, November 2). The Concept of True Love. https://ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/
IvyPanda. (2019, November 2). The Concept of True Love. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/
"The Concept of True Love." IvyPanda , 2 Nov. 2019, ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/.
1. IvyPanda . "The Concept of True Love." November 2, 2019. https://ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/.
IvyPanda . "The Concept of True Love." November 2, 2019. https://ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/.
IvyPanda . 2019. "The Concept of True Love." November 2, 2019. https://ivypanda.com/essays/true-love/.
IvyPanda . (2019) 'The Concept of True Love'. 2 November.
- Emily Grierson in “A Rose for Emily” by William Faulkner
- A Rose for Emily
- Miss Emily Grierson’s Character in “A Rose for Emily”
- “A Rose for Emily” by Faulkner
- Embodiment and Everyday Relationship with the Body
- Miss Emily Grierson’s Character Analysis: “A Rose for Emily” by William Faulkner
- William Faulkner's “A Rose for Emily” Reaction Paper
- The Use of Symbolic Meaning in "A Rose for Emily" by Faulkner
- Critique for ‘A Rose for Emily’
- Iago’s Character as Embodiment of the Darker Side Which All the People Have
- Franz Kafka’s ‘The Metamorphosis’ and Joseph Conrad’s ‘The Heart of Darkness’. Theme Analysis
- Coming-of-Age Fiction: "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath
- Langston Hughes’ I, Too, Sing America and Nikki Giovanni’s Ego Tripping: Analysis of Two Poems
- “The Lesson” and “Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?”
- “Out, Out” by Robert Frost
- Parenting & Family Parenting Family Pregnancy
- Courses Marriage Save My Marriage Pre Marriage
- Quizzes Relationship Quizzes Love Quizzes Couples Quiz
- Find a Therapist
120 Charming Love Paragraphs for Her From Your Heart
In This Article
Often in love, your feelings are strong, but your vocabulary might be lacking. It is tough sometimes to process all the emotions and gearing up the confidence to approach your loved one can become extremely intimidating.
When overwhelmed by your feelings of love, it can be challenging to articulate your feelings with the right set of words and emotions. You might find it difficult to come up with romantic love paragraphs for her.
In testing moments like these, love paragraphs come in handy to express your heart out in the best way possible. We have compiled a list of love paragraphs for her to use in all situations.
How do you make a girl feel special over text?
Making your special someone feel truly loved, cherished, and valued can go a long way in laying a solid foundation and establishing a strong connection . Mastering the art of swaying her through your words will bring you closer to your partner and deepen the bond.
Being honest and authentic about your feelings is the primary step in winning over your partner’s heart. Stay real, and don’t beat around the bush. Women appreciate men who are honest and respectful. Most importantly, don’t go overboard with the texts.
Choose the ones that are true to your story and resonate with you completely.
100 love paragraphs for her to cherish
Best collection of love paragraphs that can help you express your actual emotions and simply show how she is adored and cherished by you!
I love you paragraphs for her to feel loved
Express your love messages for her from the heart. Use affectionate things to say to make her smile. These are some examples, and one of these could be a paragraph about your girlfriend that you can share with her.
- Listen to me, okay? I’m in love with you. I love you every second of the day. And I’ve never loved anyone as I love you. You are on my mind every moment. I’ve never missed anyone, as I miss you. You are someone special to me . Please be with me forever and ever.
- I love you so much that you are always on my mind, putting a smile on my face and making my heart skip a beat. There are so many ways to express my love, and I plan to show you how much love I have for you for the rest of my life. I hope my actions let you know the extent of my affection, adoration, and commitment to you .
- I want you every second of every day from now until the end of forever. I didn’t believe in love, and now I understand I just spent my time gratuitously. But being with you has changed my outlook on love and life entirely. I now know true love exists because I found it with you. I love you.
- I didn’t think love was for me before I met you. It was something other people had and felt. Something in movies and TV shows. It felt more like a wish I had than something real. Now that I’m with you, love is so much more tangible. It’s something I can reach out and touch. It’s so much more than a wish or a hope; it’s the genuine, wonderful person I wake up to—the warm hand next to mine.
- With ferocious tenderness, you have captured my soul and every bit of me, making me feel like the only man in the world. Life without you is like living without a backbone. Your raft of love and kindness has kept me afloat and will keep lighting our path. I promise to always recognize and cherish your place in my life.
- I love you without knowing how, when, or from where. I love you, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you.
- I love you. That is all I know. I hope that you know that I will always be there for you. It is not just for the good times when we celebrate and enjoy life, but for the bad times. When you are sad, stressed, or angry, know I will be by your side to see you through the tough times. And when things are going great, I will cheer you on and dance with you.
- Just to brag on my amazing girlfriend for a minute! You are so sweet, and I’m so blessed to have such a thoughtful wonderful woman in my life. I love you, honey! You mean the world to me, and I’m so happy to have you! Thank you for continuing to make me happy every single day! You’re beyond perfect.
- Everything you do, The way you eat, the way you smile, the way my name rolls off your tongue. That all is what keeps me going. It gives me so much joy to watch you be you. I would never give my attention to anyone else because I love giving it to you. The day when you were born, it was raining. It wasn’t raining itself, but heaven was crying for losing the most beautiful angel!
- I want you to know that no one can replace you. The way you look. The way you always know what I am thinking about. You hug me when I need it the most. The way you listen to me. It’s all priceless. You have touched me more than I ever thought you could. I am head over heels in love with you.
Touching love paragraphs for her to feel cherished
Wondering what to say to a girl? These long love paragraphs will serve your purpose. Miss You paragraphs for your girlfriend are the best way to announce your love to her.
- You are my tender half of a heart. I feel so good when you’re close to me. But sometimes we have to part for a while, and then I’m very lonely without you, my love. I miss you every minute, every second, and I look forward to our meeting, my baby. My love will always warm you. You are my magnet, dear. I want to put you into my heart and never let you go.
- I dream of a new date, choking in anguish. The world is bleak without you. I’m madly missing your beautiful, tender voice and pretty smile. I’m depressed and crushed. Save me from the unbearable sorrow.
- I miss you, my dear and beloved lady, so much that sometimes it is difficult to breathe. I want to run to you and fall into your tender embrace, smell your hair, feel your warmth.
- The night without you means a night without a dream; the day without you means the day without its ending. Breathing without you has lost its ease; words need to be clarified. There are only flowers without smell, melodies without a soul, black and white world. A touch of sadness falls on everything. Fix it all, my love. Make my world colorful again.
- I love hugging you, but I hate letting go. I love saying hello, but I hate saying goodbye. I love watching you approach me, but I hate watching you walk away. I miss you.
- I have been diagnosed with the deadly I Miss You Syndrome, which I suffer from a permanent and irreversible disability of Missing You all the time. I miss you, sweetheart.
- Time flies away like a jet plane when we are together. But when we are apart, I can feel every ticking second of the clock hammering one nail after another straight in my heart. I miss you, girl.
- A fish without fins, a bird without wings. A crab without claws, a cat without paws. Me without you, you without me. I miss you.
- Just like how a beautiful day is incomplete without the bright SUN and a picture-perfect night is unfinished without the radiant MOON and shining STARS, I am incomplete without YOU. I miss you.
- Missing you is not just a habit but a deadly addiction . Missing you is not just a compulsion; it is a painful desperation. I miss you, girl.
Cute paragraphs for her to feel your love
Do you want to win her heart? Are you looking for deep love paragraphs for her? This compiled list of cute long texts for her will surely help you earn a place in her heart and bring a wide grin to her face.
- The sun is rising in the sky, but the day doesn’t start until you’ve risen out of bed. You’re the only source of light and warmth I need, lighting up my life with your smile and warming me with your mere presence. Now that you’ve gotten up and read this, my day has indeed started. Thank you!
- You’re my best friend . The person I can tell all my secrets to, the first person I want to talk to when I wake up, and the last person I want to talk to before I drift off to sleep. When something good happens to me, you’re the first person I want to share it with. I am so lucky to have you . I just wanted you to know how happy I am to have you in my life.
- The doctor took an x-ray of my heart, and I almost fainted. He asked me what had happened with a scared look on his face. I told him, don’t worry, I gave my heart to you. That’s why it is missing.
- Watching you walk across a room is the greatest gift. The way you move is so graceful and effortless. The way you smile makes me feel at peace. Knowing you’re walking towards me is a feeling so hard to describe. It’s like coming home, a comfort; only the home is coming to me. I will never know such love and peace as you. You’re my home .
- I know we’ll be together, always and forever; you have loved me alright regardless of my shortcomings; it’s incredible getting all the best from you, knowing I don’t deserve it, but you keep telling me, God is on our side, your smile brightens up my day. Love you so much, dear.
- Is it already dark there? It is already dark here. There are a large number of stars in the sky. The sky always amazes me. It is limitless without any boundaries. You have a strange resemblance to this sky. You amaze me just like this beautiful sky, and my feelings for you are unlimited. I cannot put limits or boundaries on my love for you. It keeps on increasing.
- I want you to know that you are the most essential thing in my life. You’re the reason I do everything. When I get up in the morning, I feel so grateful for every second I have with you and have here on Earth. You give my life meaning and my days such joy; you are why I smile. Thank you for being with me and joining me on this journey through life. Your love is everything to me.
- When you came into my life, I left all my past behind me. I love this newly found love that makes me feel like a baby again, my sugar. I adore you so much.
- I must be the luckiest man in the world to have such a special person for their love. When I am next to you, I always pinch myself to confirm that what I see is real. You are everything I ever needed, and I cannot imagine life without you. I love you, darling.
- A day that is void of your voice is incomplete for me. With your voice comes your soul-melting laughter, which is all I need to have a great and happy day. I hope mine makes you feel the same way.
Heart-melting paragraphs for her
Demonstrate your love by sending these long paragraphs to her. Girls appreciate when men elaborate on their feelings. Utilize romantic love paragraphs to make your girlfriend emotional and cry.
- You are subtly beautiful, the quintessence of magical charm, and the carrier of vibrant optimism for purposeful living. Don’t be surprised that I envy you. A lot!
- As the dew of the morning, your love brings refreshment to my soul. As the night can’t have enough of the stars, my life depends on the light of your love to shine. I belong to you, sweetheart.
- Between you and I, there’s love nestled comfortably, gloriously beaming its light of tender affection on our young hearts and urging us to stick to the goodness it reveals in us.
- Whenever you are in a bad place in your life, remember that you have someone out there who roots for your happiness. That person is me.
- Your love inspires me to aim for the top in my career. It pushes me on and challenges me to take charge and to bring home results of sweet-smelling savor!
- Anytime I want to tell you how much you mean to me . It is hard to capture the essence of your value in mere words. Yet, my heart won’t let me rest until I express its desire. The best way I can say it is that you are a diamond discovered in the most unexpected place to me. Do you know what is done with such a treasure? It is cherished and esteemed above any other item of an endowment. That is how I value you, my priceless jewel.
- Comparing the before and after years of my life with you, I must confess that I am one of the luckiest gents alive to be in a relationship with a lady with a heart of gold. You don’t even have to believe it; you are too modest to accept that you are special. But that doesn’t stop me from screaming my good luck to the hearing of the whole world.
- Thank you for loving me like I am the only man in the entire universe. If you think I ignore your sweet care, you are mistaken, bae.
- We were at the right place and time for our first meeting, which became the first step into our blissful romance . After all these years, your brightness hasn’t dimmed for once in my eyes. And indeed, my love for you doesn’t seem to get tired of ravaging your entire being. Come what may, you’ll remain that young girl with a svelte figure who I accidentally bumped into on a busy school campus.
- I have had my fair share of wins and failures. But I can guarantee you that loving you has been the most significant victory in my short life.
Meaningful love paragraphs to make your girlfriend cry
Searching for things to say to a girl to make her smile through texts? Make her feel special and admired through profound love texts that will make her smile.
- Love is not something that you can express in words. Love is something that is represented by actions and felt with the heart. I don’t know how loved I make you feel, but trust me, you are the most precious thing in my life . I love you!
- You have made me believe that fairy tales are real. Thanks to you, we don’t even have to try; it is always a good time when we are together. May God keep blessing us; hope has stored everything best for us. I love you, sweetheart.
- Loving someone wholeheartedly and getting the same amount of love back has always been a dream- thank you for making it possible. Dear girlfriend, I cannot help but think of myself as the luckiest person because I have you.
- You have a very distinctive pair of eyes. I find myself lost in an ocean of infinite hope, happiness, and peace whenever I look into them. This hope keeps me alive, happiness surrounds me every moment, and peace reminds me that I’m in heaven.
- I can create another odyssey describing my love for you . You have such a profound influence on my life that I cannot erase the memories of you even if I live for a million years. I am lucky to be part of your life. I will love you till my last breath!
- You have made me realize how much power the word “love” holds and understand the true meaning of romantic love. Thanks for being such a kind, understanding, and generous human being. You inspire me a lot. Love you, baby girl.
- You are a ray of living, breathing sunshine who holds the power to burn out everything around her with her beauty. Also, you have the sweetest smile, which melts my heart, darling. Thank you for being a competition to Aphrodite, the beautiful goddess envies you- I bet.
- I am so attached to you now that only death can separate us from each other—every moment, I find myself thinking about you. You have become the reason for my smile, the meaning of my life, and the inspiration for tomorrow.
- A day without you makes me want to question planet Earth’s existence. Dear love, you keep me going even on my most vulnerable days. Without you, I cannot breathe; I am incomplete. I love you so much, babe.
- You and I, both ending up together, was not an accident. Our story was written in the stars even before we met each other. I thank God every day from the core of my heart for this! I wish you knew how much I adore you. I love you!
Funny paragraphs to send your gf or girlfriend
One great way of telling “how much I love you” is through funny love paragraphs. It falls under great things to say to make a girl blush and chalk a way through her heart.
- Dear, I want you to know that I was in love with you from the moment I met you. I would like to present myself as a prospective lover. Our love affair would be on probation for two months. Upon completion of probation, there will be a performance appraisal leading to promotion from lover to spouse.
- Wow! I am 101% in love with you. Can I be so bold as to invite you to study with me Saturday afternoon and after, invite you to go to the movies and then, invite you to go to dinner and then, invite you to go dancing and then, if you were not tired of my lack of objectivity, ask you a kiss? Please, or shorten the process by giving me this kiss at once!
- I sent an Angel to watch over you while you were asleep, but the angel came back sooner than expected, and I asked why the angel said Angels don’t watch over an Angel!
- I may annoy you, and you might want to kill me. I permit you but on one condition. Don’t shoot me in the heart because that’s where you are!
- If you were Romeo and I were Juliet, our story would have been slightly different from Shakespeare’s original one. We wouldn’t have died for each other in the end – we would have lived for each other even after the end. I love you.
- Your smile can be compared to a flower. Your voice can be compared to a cuckoo, your innocence to a child. But in stupidity, you have no comparison; you’re the best!
- Mathematicians would have been correct if “You plus me” equals “Perfect Love.” Isn’t that what we are? Thanks for being mine.
- I love you with all my belly. I would say heart, but my belly is bigger.
- Your dad must have been a thief because he stole all the stars in the sky and put them in your eyes!
- If you were cheese, I would be a mouse so I can nibble you bit by bit. If you were milk, I would be a cat, so I can drink you sip by sip. But if you were a mouse, I would still be a cat so that I can devour you piece by piece. I love you.
Sweet paragraphs for her to feel your love
How to make your girlfriend happy is one question that baffles all men. Women appreciate words of love and kindness, and these love you messages for her are perfect for making up to her sweetly.
- I want to spend every second of every day with you. If I could, I would stop eating and sleeping to devote more time to being with you. You have changed my entire outlook on love. Even though I have been hurt many times, I believe in love again because I have found true love with you.
- Never in my life have I felt more dedicated to anything. I pledge my life and my love to you, and I promise to keep investing my time and energy into the beautiful relationship that we have together. Every day I learn something new about you and am always reminded of how amazing you are. Together, we can have the most excellent adventure of all time.
- Your happiness is my responsibility. If I don’t keep you smiling, who would? I love you till infinity.
- The quality of my life is a function of the amount of peace I infuse into it. Also, no one spends an hour with you without feeling refreshed, renewed, and repositioned for excellence. There are so many things to love about you. First off, I promise to love you forever.
- No one else makes my heart leap for joy with their presence. The sweetness of your love doesn’t give any room for doubts. I will love you forever, I promise.
- By your side is where I belong. With you, I can break boundaries and make mountains move. There’s so much energy to be drawn from you, sweetheart. Doing life with you is all that makes sense to me. I can’t ask for anything else but your love. I will love you forever.
- My love for you has no beginning and no end. It is cyclical, like life. It is ever-flowing, like the oceans. It is as boundless as the sky and as vast as the universe. When I see your face, I see my past, present, and future. When I hold your hand, I feel everything inside of me expand. You are my everything.
- Permit me to say I am completely in love with you. Maybe it took me a while to say it, but I can’t suck it in any longer. My life hasn’t been the same since I met you. I am greedy, I know. I want more of you. I want everything about you.
- You are my opposite. It’s funny how we are very different yet complements each other perfectly. Our differences don’t keep our love from flowing perfectly. Indeed, you were created to complete me. No other person can do it. I love you with every part of my being.
- There may be thousands of ways to say I love you, but I would instead show you. Thank you for letting me show you how much I care for you every day.
Deep love messages for her
Romance your way to your partner’s heart with these lovely romantic messages for her . These are the best paragraphs for her to discover a romantic side of you.
- Sweetheart, I wanted to write you a love letter. I know it’s a little silly, but I’d try anyway. It’s just that I feel so much when I’m with you that I try to put it in words so that you know how I feel about you. You are such a gift to me. Having you in my life is such a blessing.
- You are my happiness, my heart’s desire, my everlasting flame, the one that makes my heart beat fast. My love, my queen, I cannot think for a second without you in my mind. I cherish you, princess of beauty.
- Whenever I’m with you, I’m different, but in a good way. I smile and laugh more, and I don’t have to pretend everything is okay. I can drop the facade with you and feel and express everything genuinely . I no longer feel hurt and alone; I feel safe and loved.
- They say pictures are worth a thousand words, but I can only say three words when I look at your picture: I love you.
- A girl like you with a heart of gold deserves all the good things in this life, and I am prepared to go the extra mile to see you have these in your life; I know you would do the same for me even more, that’s a fact. When I look into your eyes, I am connected to your soul; all I see is profound love. I see a reminder of why I must work hard to give you everything you will ever need. You have made me a complete person. Thank you, my love.
- You have always been my biggest supporter and fan. You’ve always had my back, and in your eyes, I can do nothing wrong, which has built my confidence throughout my life. Thank you, darling, for loving me unconditionally and forever! You have made me the man I am today, and I will always love you with all my heart.
- I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for loving, accepting, unconditionally, and providing undivided love and attention. You’ve been there for me through everything. Thank you for helping me grow into the man I have become.
- In love alphabets, ‘U’ and ‘I’ were placed close to each other because Without U (You), I (am) nothing. I find my purpose in your sight and exist for your love forever.
- I have, for the first time, found what I can truly love—I have found you. You are my sympathy—my better self—my good angel; I am bound to you with a strong attachment. I think you are good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my center and spring of life, wraps my existence about you—and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.
- You are my strength. You are not only the sails that steer my ship but also the waves below that carry me. Without you, I would cease to have a backbone, as you are the foundation holding me up. I could never think of a day when you are not with me. I imagine if that day came, I would become weak. I would crumble into a coward. But together, we are strong. We are unstoppable. That is why I love you.
Good morning paragraphs for her to brighten her day
Mornings truly set the tone of the day. Make every morning lovely with a good morning text that will make her smile throughout her day.
- Though still in bed, my thoughts go out to you, my immortal beloved. Thinking of you excites me, as meeting you would make my day. You are why I get out of bed and look forward to the rest of my day. I love you and the positivity that you add to my life.
- I told you the nearness of your heart to mine doesn’t answer how far you are from me. You were right here beside me over the night. I want to say I enjoyed your warmth. Good morning baby.
- We have come a long way. Nothing in heaven and on Earth can make me let you off my heart. I locked it up and threw the key away the day you came to my heart. Together we’ll walk the path, sing the song and dance to the beat: just you and me. Good morning love.
- I’m satisfied with your love, yet I want more. The more of you I get, the more I pant for. I loved the day we met. I thank my stars for bringing you my way. Finally, this is what I’ve been searching for. In you, I found it all. Good morning my love.
- Not a song can perfectly express the workings of your love in my heart. Even a book can contain only some of what is on my mind. Words will fail me if I’m to tell it all. Only your heart can comprehend it, for my heart is in yours. Good morning my heart.
- You have taught me so much about life; I truly know what love is because of you. Thank you for doing all those amazing things for me. Wish you a pleasant morning!
- Thank you for waking me up in the morning to a billion kisses and hugs before you leave and never letting me forget you are here. Thanks for never making me feel like I owe you in return and that I have nothing to apologize for. Thank you for giving me my way, even if that means pouting and stomping my feet as you laugh and tell me I’m silly and still give me my way. Thanks for showing me a love I’ve never felt before. Good morning, my love.
- If you wonder just how much I love you, wonder no more. You are the sun in my sky, the river that runs through my soul, and the air I breathe. The more I see you, my love, the more I fall for you. With each passing night and day, my love has only grown. Before I met you, I didn’t believe it was possible to love someone so deeply and completely, but you have given me faith that true love does exist because I share it with you. Good Morning!
- You have no idea how you’ve changed my life. I never thought it was possible to have this much love for someone; I never thought my heart could handle it. I know there are days when we argue and don’t see eye-to-eye, but you are the only person I would want to have those arguments with. What we have together is unique. It is a special bond that is strong and unbreakable. I truly love you! Good Morning!
- Sweetheart, no one brings so much happiness to my life as you. In your company, I find love that I have never known before. I can’t imagine what my life would be without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Good Morning!
Good night paragraphs for her to have lovely dreams
Hunting for sweet paragraphs for your sweetheart ? Look no further as these sweet love paragraphs for your love will surely bring her sweet dreams at night. Bless her with a good night’s sleep by using these sweet goodnight paragraphs for her.
- You are beautiful and intelligent, and it is time for you to rest, my dear girlfriend, so tomorrow you look even better and leave everyone surprised by your bright ideas. I completely love you, and I want you to have that in mind before you go to sleep. I love you very much!
- Sweet dreams, my dear girlfriend; it is time the angels come down from heaven to decorate your dreams and watch over them. You are an amazing person, full of energy and goodness; therefore, you deserve a good rest and recovery. My life is much more beautiful since you are in it. I thank life for sending you to make my days happier. I adore you, do not ever forget that.
- My dear girlfriend, you are the sole owner of my heart. I want you to rest and have a good night’s sleep so that you start your day in the best way possible tomorrow. Do not forget that you are always present in my mind and that I wish you the best, for you are one of the most remarkable people I have met. I love you very much.
- I can’t wait to close my eyes and think about you. I can’t wait to see your beautiful face in my sleep. You are divine because I find myself loving you more and more every day. The nights are temporary, and I can’t wait to have you in my arms tomorrow: Goodnight, my queen.
- My lovely sweetheart, the day may be over, but you are always in my heart, and I want to wish my wonderful girlfriend a good night. I couldn’t sleep without telling you I love you and wishing you sweet dreams. So, this is me saying good night, and I love you. I’m excited to wake up and start a new day with you.
- At night, there was the feeling that we had come home, feeling no longer alone, waking in the night to find the other one there, and not gone away; all other things were unreal. Often a man wishes to be alone and a woman wishes to be alone too, and if they love each other, they are jealous of that in each other, but I can truly say we never felt that. We could feel alone when we were together, alone against the others. We were never lonely and never afraid when we were together. – Ernest Hemingway
- Dear Heart, I love you with all my heart. I cherish every moment we spend together, and I love you even more in the moments when we are apart. As I write this letter tonight, it’s like you are right here with me. I feel your hand on my shoulder, your fingers in my hair, and the soft breath of your kiss on my cheek. Good night, my darling.
- Love of my life, You are the first thing I think of when I wake up, and I’m looking forward to a life where I will wake up next to you, not needing to imagine you, because you will be sleeping right there next to me.
- I want you to know I’m always beside you, even in your dreams. Whenever you look at the dream catcher I gave you, think of me and my love for you.
- To my soulmate, I love you. I love you. I love you. I can’t say those three words enough; unfortunately, you haven’t heard them lately. I’m sorry about that. I’ve been so overwhelmed with work that I haven’t had the time to give you much attention, but that will change soon. Do you know why? Because I love you. I love you. I love you. Sweet dreams!
Best love paragraphs for her
Love paragraphs are a way to let your partner know just how much they have mattered to you. It lets them know that you see everything you do for them and makes them feel validated. Here are some examples of lovely gf paragraphs that you can use:
- I have looked at the dictionary and tried to find a word that could completely capture all I feel for you. ‘Love’ was the one that came the closest, but even that seems lacking because of how casually others seem to use it. What I feel for you is indescribable, but you warm my heart and have made my life undeniably better.
- I never realized just how transformative love could be. I love you, and because of that love, I love you so much more than you. I love the beauty of nature and all the people who have lovingly nourished me. I love myself and the world in a way I never thought possible. You’ve made that possible for me. You’ve made everything possible.
- I go about my day feeling fulfilled and then I see you. One look at you reminds me of how happy I can be. You make me smile wider and more freely than ever before. Your love has opened my eyes to better possibilities and happier horizons for me.
- People say they would love a wife who would do anything for her husband. I have that in you, and I appreciate everything you do and have always done in my life. You will be the love in my heart for eternity and I honestly cannot be more grateful for it.
- But you’re so much more to me than a friend; you’re the love of my life. You’re my friend, lover, comfort, and strength. In moments when I have found myself unable to process things, you have come and picked me up. Your presence has enriched all areas of my life. I love you because with you by my side, I walk taller.
- You’re so easy to talk to and to open up to . And, in turn, everything you say resonates with me. You have shown me that there is one person who can love me for who I am in this world filled with apathy. I appreciate you being here because, with you, I’m different. With you, I’m happy.
- When I look at you, I think about the bright future that we can have together. I want to build a life with you full of possibilities for a happy future. I want a life for us that is filled with love, tenderness, companionship, and laughter. You are my motivation, and I want you to know that I will always be by your side to care for and love you.
- Sometimes, it is so difficult for me to be around you because I want to stay in your arms all the time. Your touch ignites a fire within me, my love. The way your hand feels in mine and your lips feel on my skin are sensations that I will never get tired of. And then, when it is time to leave, I experience a loss that makes me realize that you truly are the one for me.
- I love the way you see the world, my love. With an open heart and mind, you embrace everything and everyone around you. You jump into things when they excite you and function with a level of openness I envy. People are drawn towards you because your energy is so inviting and comfortable. You inspire me to be more accepting, and I love you for it.
- You are the one who seamlessly fits into all aspects of my life. You being here makes me recognize that there was a place in my heart that only you could’ve occupied. You brought my walls down and made me feel so truly accepted. I can smile, laugh and love openly around you because you love me for who I truly am.
Watch this video to learn more about how to express your feelings and emotions without fear:
Long love paragraphs for her
Love paragraphs can re-energize your relationship if you say exactly what you feel openly and honestly. Here are some examples of “paragraphs for my girlfriend” that you use for inspiration:
- I wasn’t looking for love when you walked into my life. All that I needed was someone who could bring back the smile on my face. But you walked in and did so much more than that. You made me open my eyes to all the positivity around me. You made me feel how truly blessed I am. But most importantly, you made me realize that I did not have to become someone else for you to truly love me.
- I love the person that I am when I am around you. Your intelligence makes me raise my game and meet you at your level. I dress better because I know that there is someone in my life now that is truly looking at me with loving eyes. Your care has nurtured and nourished me in ways that are hard to capture. Anyone who meets me now can see and feel this positive change. And I couldn’t be more grateful for this.
- I see my other friends and how unsupported they feel. I have not felt that way in a long time, as I’ve always had you for company and support. You never let me feel alone or left behind. Even when I try to push you away, you stay there and offer exactly what might help me. You are a gift to me from the universe, and I honestly don’t know what I would’ve done without you.
- My beautiful beloved, you are the one who fills my life with love and happiness. Your love is like a fresh breeze that carries me to a land of beauty and wonder. You lift all the weight I try to carry on my shoulders and remind me of how beautiful life can be. I am grateful for your magical presence in my life, how you make me feel, and how you inspire me to be a better person. I love you more than words can express, and I will always cherish you.
- My darling, my heart fills with warmth and happiness whenever I think about you. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met, and I feel blessed to have you in my life. Your smile brightens my day, and your touch fills me with warmth and comfort. I hope to make you realize how much you mean to me by showering you with my love.
- I don’t get how such a charming woman walked into my life, waved her magic wand, and added a happy sparkle to all aspects of my life. You lit a warm fire that helped me get out of the dark space that I was in. You reminded me that I could get my life back on track if I focus on things that truly matter to me. And slowly, our relationship has become one of the most valuable aspects of my life. Thank you for being there for me and making my life better.
- Darling, I know that you are going through a difficult moment in your life and there is little I can do to improve things. But I am here if you need someone to talk to or any form of support. Whenever I have been in any dark space mentally , you have rushed in with warm hugs and kind thoughts. I want to do that for you and give you whatever you need now. You mean the world to me; I don’t want you to forget that.
- My love, you are the one who makes my heart sing. Your love is like a symphony that fills my soul with beauty and wonder. I am grateful for every moment we share, every smile you bring to my face, and every touch that makes my heart skip a beat. You are my soulmate, partner, and best friend, and I will love you forever.
- My angel, you are the most amazing person I have ever known. Your beauty radiates from the inside out and shines like a beacon of hope in a world that can sometimes be scary. I am grateful for your love, care, and unwavering support, and I will always cherish you as the most important person in my life. You’ve made a huge difference in my life, and I love you for it.
- My sweet love, you are my everything. Your presence in my life has made it richer, fuller, and more meaningful. You are the one who makes me laugh when I’m feeling down, who listens to me when I need to talk, and who supports me through thick and thin. I cannot thank you enough for being the amazing person you are and for sharing your life with me.
10 tips on how to write a love paragraph
Here are our top simple and easy-to-follow tips while writing the perfect love paragraph addressed to your partner :
- Keep it simple
- Don’t adorn your note with fancy words but with fancy feelings.
- Stay honest and authentic.
- Follow your heart.
- Mention what she means to you.
- Talk about how she adds value to your life.
- Address the complaints she has with you.
- Write about the moment you fell in love with her.
- Reaffirm your love and commitment
- Don’t forget to end with ‘ I Love You .’
Some commonly asked questions
Here are the answers to some pressing questions that will help you clear out some of your doubts regarding long paragraphs for her that can help her feel special and wanted:
What is the strongest way to say, ‘I love you?’
The strongest way to say I love you is in a manner that you mean it. You look them in the eye and earnestly convey your feelings for them. Be honest and truthful and tell them how much they’ve made a difference in your life.
How to impress a girl with deep words?
You can impress a girl with deep words by thinking about what you want to say before you actually convey them to her. Say things that are personalized and that truly convey your own feelings. The honesty in your words is what would make them meaningful.
Too many to handle? There can’t be enough words to express the insurmountable love. However, little love notes can scale your love venture to unfathomable heights.
I hope you found the perfect love message for your special one from our fantastic compilation.
All the best! Spread the word and express the love that you feel for the one who brings that smile to your face.
Share this article on
Noah loves to write on matters of the heart and mind. His experiences have taught him that being an honest friend who communicates well and giving importance to self-love can go a long way in maintaining loving relationships. When Read more he’s not writing or advising people on how to thrive in their relationships, he loves exploring new places with his partner, working out, and pretending that he’s good at cooking exotic stuff. Read less
Want to have a happier, healthier marriage?
If you feel disconnected or frustrated about the state of your marriage but want to avoid separation and/or divorce, the marriage.com course meant for married couples is an excellent resource to help you overcome the most challenging aspects of being married.
Learn More On This Topic
By Sylvia Smith
By Rachael Pace
By Onwe Damian
By Noah Williams
You May Also Like
Approved By Milica Markovic , Psychologist Coach MA
Approved by angela welch , marriage & family therapist.
Approved By Christiana Njoku , Licensed Professional Counselor
By Mihle Hlazo
By Dylan Banks
Popular topics on married life.
- Entertainment & News
- Career & Money
- Health & Wellness
- Love Quotes
- Expert Advice
- Radical Acceptance
- search articles
- find an expert
- Join YourTango Experts
- Starting Over
- Editorial Policy
- Medical Review Process
- sign up for newsletter
- Join Our Community
- Write for Us
100 Cute 'I Love You' Paragraphs For Him
Love is in the air.
By Maatie Kalokoh — Written on Nov 05, 2021
Sometimes love is hard to define or explain, so putting your feelings in a cute love paragraph for him is a great way to tell him "I love you" .
Love's a feeling that comes in many forms in one lifetime. When you feel lost for words, it's important to figure out the right thing to say so that you can express your emotions correctly to your partner without any misunderstanding.
The most iconic and common display of love in literature is the love letter. "I love you" letters were the way that couples who were far apart at the time still contacted each other.
The act of taking the time to handwrite a letter describing your love for your spouse and sending it for them to read and keep in a journal was the ultimate sign of love and dedication.
RELATED: 150+ Best Love Quotes That'll Make Anyone Believe In Love
A short "I love you" text message here and there might let your partner know that your thinking of them but it doesn’t compare to a full-on "I love you" paragraph of you letting them know how much they mean to you.
If you have some problems putting your emotions into your own words, check out these cute love paragraphs for him to give you ideas for the perfect thing to say to your boyfriend or husband.
100 Cute Love Paragraphs for Him to Copy and Paste into Love Letters and Texts
I love you paragraphs for him.
1. Only you can turn my world around, set my heart on fire, and make everything beautiful. Will I continue to love you? Yes, I will, forever because your love makes my world come alive. Even if everything changes, friends go away, the sun disappears. One thing will remain the same, “My love for you.”
2. If you love me as I love you. If you feel the way my heartbeats, then there is no going back. Let’s love each other until our very last breath because I love you from sunrise to sunset. You own my heart and I have the feeling that being with you has been the best choice I made.
3. You’re a perfect definition of perfection. I wonder why I never noticed how valuable you are, right from the moment we met. I love you so much. I want you to know one thing. I love you, and nothing will change how much you mean to me.
4. I love my life because I have you in it right now. I love you because you make my life worth living. I’m not as good as your first lover. I know that I’m not a perfect girl, but I will do my best for you if you let me into your heart. Sincerely, I promise to be your queen if you will be my king.
5. You won’t believe what you’ve done to me. Your presence in my life took my heart, my soul, and my emotions. I am just completely in love with you. It never crossed my thought a caring, loving, and selfless guy like you ever exist talk more of being mine. I love you, honey.
6. I tried to shut my heart from everyone and everything, but it wasn’t able because you still exist. You’re such a darling for being here for me when I need you. We spend much time together but those moments are not sweet compared to that second you say the words, ‘I love you.’
7. With you by my side, I feel something. I feel the storm coming, and I think the heavens are coming down. I wish to feel this way forever. Sometimes, I wonder how life would have been without you. It would have been a nightmare no one wishes to have. I love you for making my life beautiful.
8. My heart knows what it wants, and we both know that it wants and adores someone special. Every moment with you is amazing, and I can’t trade it for anything in the world. You built that strong foundation of love in my heart. The most adorable thing on earth, my love for you is strong. I love you, dear.
9. Our connection is divine. The foundation is on trust, fun, and honesty. That’s one of life’s precious gifts to me. Allow me to show you how sweet, cute and enjoyable love can be. Let me hold your hands throughout your life. Allow me to be your lady, forever. I love you, my special one.
10. You are my world. I’ve honestly fallen deeply in love with you and I am not afraid to say it. We have been through thick and thin and we are still going strong. I can’t imagine my life without you by my side. I love you so much I can’t even explain it! Forever and ever baby.
11. I have a confession to make: I have fallen in love with you. I feel as though you and I are meant to be together. I’ve found my soul mate, and that’s something that only happens in the movies. It’s a magical experience and I’m going to hold on to you.
12. I know I say “I love you” all the time, but that’s not enough. Those three words can’t describe the way I feel about you. You make my tummy do flips and my hands shake. I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you and I don’t think I will ever love someone this much again. You’re everything I have ever wanted and needed. I love you so much, you’re my everything, my entire heart, and world.
13. Love doesn’t come fully formed. It is a seed that grows. Even when times are hard, don’t curse the dark and keep your candle burning. Good morning my prince charming.
14. There are thousands of ways to say I love you. But the only way to truly tell you is by showing you. I hope you will continue to let me show you how much I love you every single day.
15. You don’t know how much you mean to me and perhaps it may be the reason why you move even an inch away from me. I must tell you that I am already addicted to you—only God has the power to remove your love from my heart. I love you so much the most amazing husband in the world. I love you with passion my lovely sweetheart.
16. My love for you has no beginning and no end. It is cyclical, like life. It is ever-flowing, like the oceans. It is as boundless as the sky and as vast as the universe. When I see your face, I see my past, my present, my future. When I hold your hand I feel everything inside of me expand. You are my everything. I will love you forever.
17. My heart yearns for you, cries for you and is willing to be with you for the rest of my life whether in good or in bad condition. This heart of mine I have given to you because indeed, with or without, you stood by my side, aided me and showed me the love I have been searching for when I need you most. I must confess that I love you with all my heart.
18. The meaning of a beautiful world shared with a prince of passion, a lover that takes care of me for whatever it may cost. I am so amazed that you could risk your life just to see me happy. Indeed you are my hero and I will love you for the rest of my life!
19. You put color into my world. I feel like I’ve become a better person because of you, better able to love and care for other people in my life. You are so inspiring and it’s always too long until I see you again. I love you I love you I love you.
20. I love you in a place where there’s no space or time. My love is everlasting, ever growing, and ever present. My love for you knows no bounds. I was drawn to you and your soul in a way I can’t explain. It was like I just knew, here he is. This is it. He is it. You’ll never know how much you mean to me. I can only tell you that my soul will love you forever.
RELATED: 228 Love Quotes To Help You Tell Him Everything You Feel
Cute Love Paragraphs For Him
21. I can’t spend a day on earth without you. I can’t imagine loving someone else while you breathe. I love you. Loving you is like wearing my favorite pair of jeans. I can’t be tired of wearing it. I love you and can’t stop loving you. Have a great day.
22. Only if you love me back the way I love you, I don’t think I would worry if I die the next second. I love you, baby. I want you to know that our love will overcome any obstacle. It will stand the test of time like old wine. It will get better and healthy. Much love.
23. I understood that I hardly get hungry whenever I’m with you. Thanks for your healthy love. I asked the pastor the most beautiful place in the universe. He answered “heaven”. I had a hard time understanding, but not until I looked into your eyes.
24. You won’t believe what happened the last time you told me, “I love you.” my heart was screaming, “I Love you too.” but I know you wouldn’t hear it. I plan not to love anyone else, all I know is that as much as I love you, I am glad to have one of the most amazing persons on earth in my life. You rock my world.
25. How did you get me to love you? You broke down my defense, now I’m crazy and in love with you. Do you remember how we met? It was from eye contact. Now the rest is that you’re the King of my heart. My love is for you alone. Assure me you’ll be here to have my love because I can’t stop loving you with the passing of each day.
26. Thinking of anything other than you? That was before I met you. You now own and control my mind and heart. I need you, so it doesn’t matter how many times I see or talk to you. My day wouldn’t be complete without you. Thank you for being everything I want in a man and more.
27. Let me share this secret with you. The world will get to know it later, but know that you are one person who lights up my world. I want to let you know that I love you so much. You can now tell the world later. Your smile, your cute face, and your love. All these things make my world amazing. I’ll never stop letting you know how much I am into you.
28. When I look deep into your eyes, I see the calmness and power you possess. You are my precious man. I wish to appreciate you today because you’re that perfect match that completes me. Even if I could change anything about you, I won’t because you are just awesome the way you are. Thank you for being my awesome lover.
29. Your love is strong and compelling. It got my heart, enslaved my mind, and I can’t do anything with my head. I have no regret because, with your love, I’m a winner. The moments we share were the most loving memories I ever had. They are the best, and it’s a gift worth keeping for the rest of my life.
30. You have truly changed my life in ways you will never understand. Everything was going wrong in my life until the day I made you. You have made and always make everything in my life better. You make my heart skip a beat from your cute good morning text messages to those adorable nicknames you come up for me.
31. I want to shout from the rooftops how much I love you. Call me crazy but that is how I express my love for you.
32. People always say one shouldn’t put all eggs in one basket, as a means of security. But baby, I gave you all my heart and love, and you have proved to be worthy of it all, and much more. You are simply one of a kind and one in a million. I have never had a reason to regret saying yes to you three years ago, and I just want to say thanks for being the most amazing partner ever. I love you afresh today, now and forever darling.
33. I saw you in my dreams last night. I kissed you, hugged you and told you how much I love you. Will you please make my dreams come true?
34. You have changed my life in ways that you can never understand. Everything that was wrong seemed to go away after I met you. You have made my entire life better and my heart skips a beat whenever I think of you.
35. Some guys may be good, but you are always better. Others may be better, but no one is still the best like you. You are the best man there is in the world.
36. Sometimes I don’t trust myself around you. I trust you…but I sometimes the effect you have on me is so intense. I wonder what you’re thinking. I keep picturing you in my mind. I feel like I want to resist you and yet I can’t think of a reason why. Maybe you’re just a little too good, a little too handsome and witty. But I’ve got my eye on you, mister.
37. I feel like I have a perfect life — there isn’t one thing I’d change about it. I have the best, most caring, and sweetest boyfriend. I love you to death! I also have a family that I adore. If it wasn’t for my man and my family, I don’t know what I’d do.
38. I know that I can be hard to handle sometimes and that my attitude gets the better of me on some days and we get into arguments, but just know that without you, I don’t have a reason to be happy. Thank you for always putting up with my bad sides.
39. You are undoubtedly the most amazing, loving, kind, adorable, handsome, cute, funny, sweet, perfect man I have ever met and I am so lucky to have you.
40. The way I see you are special. How will I rate you low when you deserved to be rated high? I love you beyond your expectation and the effect of the gravity of my love will testify that to you. I love you my darling angel, the one I love with all my heart. How I wish I can stop thinking about you just for one microsecond but it is impossible because you are such an outstanding angel. I cherish you with all my love.
RELATED: My Love For You Is Not Something I Can Even Begin To Describe
Long Love Paragraphs For Him
41. I have never felt this hollow in my life before. The thought of not seeing you for another day can be heartbreaking. Can I stay in your heart to stop this nuclear explosion? The heart knows what it desires, but I know that yours yearn for the warm feelings we share all day long. I love you.
42. I have two things I have dreamed of doing with you. One of them is wrapping your soft body in my arms, and the other is holding your hand while we take a walk at the beach. I know it’s a dream that will become a reality someday. I love you with my heart. Baby, I imagine us sitting right next to each other without moving, without wishing to be somewhere else. Just holding hands and watching the Television on a breezy evening. Cute, right? Let’s make this a reality.
43. Your love is so powerful because it makes me feel like I am in the clouds. Your love makes me feel like I could probably run a marathon without ever training for it. It makes me feel like I was on something because I can’t explain this continuous flow of energy. Your love is so powerful as it makes me happy. I realize that everything was beautiful when I fell for your love. It made me excited, and I keep smiling with just a thought of you. I love you, my diamond.
44. You made my heart flutter. You lightened my world when you made my world stop spinning as we kiss. Your smile made everything look beautiful. I love you, my dearest. All I wanted was someone to understand me. I need you to fill the space in my heart. You are someone I will love without a doubt, and I want you to know that my heart is for you always. You’ll be the perfect person I want to be with till eternity. I love you.
45. When I’m around you, nothing matters anymore as you’re the only thing that makes my world move around. I heart you more than your mind can imagine. I can’t imagine living in a world where I can’t see or touch you. You’re the air in my world, without you I am nothing. You’re the sun in my life, without you I am empty.
46. There is something new about the way you smile. It makes the wind cease, my heartbeat stop, and I believe you’ve stolen my heart. I love you and need your love every day. Love is everything when you love someone, but it gets beautiful when someone loves you back. My love is for you both now and forever.
47. I just wanted to take this time to say thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for loving me and accepting me unconditionally and providing me with undivided love and attention. I thank you for all the laughs we’ve shared and the great times we have had. You’ve always been my rock in hard situations and the sunshine when its cloudy outside. You’re my everything and I LOVE YOU.
48. No matter how many times we fight or argue, I always want to work it out. No one could ever take your place. You are amazing in every way and I don’t know what I would do or where I would be if I never met you. You understand me like no one else can and I can truly relate to you in every way. I mean it when I say that I am yours, and you are mine. I love you and will always fight for you.
49. It’s amazing the love and care you give me on a daily basis it’s unequaled I think I am safer with you, that’s why I am giving all myself to you, because my life is perfect with you, you are a bumper package, and I promise to love you and give you all you need, may God bless you continually for me, because you really deserve much more than I can give you. I love you so much.
50. You are such a gift to me. Having you in my life is such a blessing. Every day, I thank God that you are in my life and that you are by my side. I am so blessed to be able to call you mine and to be called yours. I pray that I will always be able to give you what you need in life and that you will always be there to hold my hand and that you will continue to walk with me on this journey that we call life.
51. What can I say? You’ve been there for me through everything. I know we fight, but every relationship has its ups and downs. I feel so comfortable with you. It’s so easy to talk to you — I feel like I can tell you anything. I’m so proud to say you’re my best friend and my boyfriend — you mean the world to me. I love you so much!
52. I want you to know that you are the most important thing in my life. You’re the reason I do everything. When I get up in the morning, I feel so grateful for every second I have with you and have here on earth. You give my life meaning, you give my days such joy, you are the reason I smile. Thank you for being with me, for joining me on this journey through life. Your love is everything to me.
53. The love we have is greater than any of the story books we’ve read. You are my knight in shining armor and I am your fairy-tale princess. There is no more perfect tale of love to tell. Our love story is filled with adventure, passion and trust. We will never give up on each other. No matter what hardship comes our way. I will ensure that we will always live happily ever after.
54. The years we have spent together as partners have been the best years of my life so far. You have been a huge source of blessing to me, and have helped me grow in all aspects of life. I am a better person because of you, and I just want you to know I will never trade your love for anything. Your love’s worth is life to me, and with hope, I look forward to the years to come with you. Many cheers to you darling, and to a happy ever after for us.
55. I wish I can repay you for everything you have done in my life. In no time, I will always remember you because truly, you have completely changed my life since you became part of it. Truly, you have taught me a lot of things in this life; a lovely angel likes you and you should know that it is just the truth. My dear love, I wish you the most beautiful things in life. You are my dream, my love the most handsome man.
56. What we have together is unique. It is a special bond that is strong and unbreakable. We can make it through anything we encounter and we only grow stronger from the trials we face together. Together, we are strong. Being with you has made me a better person and I can’t believe that I found you. Ever since I met you, I never want to let you go. The attraction that you and I share is one that is so intense and I never want to be separated from you.
57. You’re the luckiest man because I’m the luckiest girl. You’re the salt to my pepper, the coca to my cola. I love you more than words can describe and I could never imagine losing you. You are my anything and everything. You’re the last thing I think of when I go to bed and the first thing I think of when I wake up. You’re priceless and the most amazing man I’ve ever met. You’re my best friend, my boyfriend, and my love. I feel like there is absolutely NOBODY who could make me feel like this but you. I love you more then my life!
58. When I think about the future, it’s sometimes scary and filled with uncertainties, but when I remember I have you in my life, I feel at peace knowing I am in safe hands. I might not be sure of what tomorrow holds, but knowing I am on the journey with the most amazing man ever, I am sure it will be filled with lots of joy and happiness. No matter what challenges we might face, I know we will triumph and make a great and formidable team.
59. You’re not just interesting to talk to. You’ve taught me so much about life, about various subjects, about finding joy and happiness. I’ve learned a lot from you. I think you’ve even changed the way I think about somethings. And don’t think I haven’t noticed how often you’re there for me, how much you care about my feelings. You’re always my shoulder to cry on and the best laugh of the day. You’re more than a friend, you know.
RELATED: 175 Romantic Quotes For People Who Are In Love
Short Love Paragraphs For Him
60. Each time I see you, each time I look into your eyes, each time I hold your hands. I realize how wonderful you’re to me. The bliss my soul enjoys each time I see your face can brighten the darkest planet. I love you plenty, baby.
61. My heart can’t stop loving you. I don’t even want it to stop, because the thought of you makes my body come alive. One lesson I will teach you about love is to handle this heart with sweet care; there isn’t another like it.
62. The bliss my soul enjoys each time I see your face can brighten the darkest planet. I love you plenty. Your love is engulfing, and the feeling is enticing. Your assurance is comforting, and my heart is in the safest place on earth. I love you.
63. I’ve heard of true love. They exist on storybooks, but it came to reality when you came into my life and made me feel real love. I love you and will always do because you are the best any lady will wish to have by her side. You are the best.
64. I’m happy, I have a life, and I have a good man. I have you, my Love. You are special in every aspect. Each time I look at you, I see more reasons my past relationships didn’t work. You are the one for me until my last days on earth.
65. Heaven sent me an angel. My heart feels joy as never in its entire existence. I won’t repeat goodbye because you are here to stay inside my heart. You are the only one for me. How can I ever think of replacing you? My Superman.
66. Ever since we came together, leaving you is one thing I dread most. Promise me you will remain my Special Kind Of Guy forever! My Love! If you doubt what I feel for you, just listen to my heartbeat and feel it for yourself.
67. Many ask what’s LOVE, and some say it’s Responsibilities. Others call it a Game, and a few sees it as a Dream, but I call it LOVE. Promise me you will always touch my heart the way you always do. I love you, sweet.
68. Your love can heal a cut, your care and affection can soften a stone, your love has made my life beautiful. I love you, baby. I can’t wait to see you because I am tired of seeing you, only in my dreams. I miss you, sweetheart.
69. I will get you anything, any girl will give her boyfriend. I will show you all my heart if you give me all your love. Your presence brings that smile on my lips, even when I don’t wish to have one. Thanks for being the sun during the rainy days.
70. I don’t wish to “Beat around the bush,” I only want you to promise me one thing, “Forever.” Loving you was the best feeling I’ve had in a long while. Staying with you is the feeling I want forever.
71. There are many complications with “Love at first sight,” but I felt a sense of forever the first day we met. I want us to be together today, I want us to be together tomorrow, and I want us to be together forever.
72. It’s always a blessing when you are around, I fell in love when I should, and It’s all because of you. I noticed the honesty in your eyes when you said “I Love You” but I believed it when you made me love you too.
73. Nothing compares to what we share. It’s an unimaginable blessing filled with sweet feelings of love. I always think of you at all times. I pray to God for more years to spend with the man that makes my day lovely. You are my sunshine.
74. I feel good, and I want you to do the same. This moment is special and worth enjoying. I love you, my man, and I will always be your woman, every second, every hour, every year. You’re the King of my heart. We have a bright future ahead of us.
75. It grew slowly like single maize on rocky ground. Suffered many obstructions, but it overcame everything. I love you so much for allowing our love to grow.
76. Babe just wanted to let you know that if anyone tries to flirt with me- whether it’s in person or over a text message- I will proudly let them know that I am in a very committed and loving relationship with my amazing boyfriend.
Related Stories From YourTango:
77. I miss you so much, more and more every single day. And even though we are one day closer to being together again, I still miss you all the same.
78. I once had a competition with adjectives, and I won because adjectives failed to give me a word that described how much you mean to me. I love you more than words could ever describe.
79. I want to be with you and only you for the rest of my life. I want to be with you forever baby. You are the only one for me, I promise you that, and only one I will ever need in my life.
80. You’re my everything and I mean that. I will never forget all of the fun things we’ve done together and the amazing times we have spent together. You have my heart forever and always and nothing will ever change that.
RELATED: 72 Short Love Quotes That Explain Everything You Feel
Sweet Love Paragraphs for Him
81. We started saying “I love you” some hours ago and I’m getting afraid of letting you go. Promise to stay with me even in the darkest hour because each time I pray to God I ask for a moon that will stick around when there is no sun. Then God sent you my way. I love you much.
82. The lovely feeling I get each time you tell me how you feel makes me too dumb to tell you that “I love you too.” There is one essential thing I don’t want to lose. It’s not your tempting eyes, It’s not your comforting voice, It’s not your tender touches. It is you, I don’t want to lose because I love you.
83. When I am with you, I find peace and quietness. I never knew true love was this sweet. You make my life worth living, repeatedly. I love you, baby. There are a million things I want to do now, and one that I can do without distraction is loving you like no other. Order me to love you. Command me to want you, more and more.
84. You are the one that touched my life in more ways than I can recall. Your presence is everything because you are the one who completes me. You are the one for me, and you are my man. I will send you a smile to keep you high, a kiss to set your soul all right. All this to keep you balanced in my heart.
85. I don’t wish to live without you because everything I do revolves around you. I can’t sleep, eat, or imagine my life without you. You are the one for me because your presence in my life made me believe in magic. I might be different, but what I feel for you remains untouched. My love for you is eternal and nothing is changing this feeling.
86. When I’m around you, nothing matters anymore as you’re the only thing that makes my world move around. I heart you. If talking could make you smile, I’ll keep talking all year and forever, to keep a smile on your face all my life.
87. No matter how much time I spend with other people, it compares to nothing when we are with each other. If I am to love any man in my next life, it will be you. Because since the first moment that I saw you, your thought has never left my mind.
88. I have always known how precious you’re to my life. How you brought bliss and happiness. What can I do without you? You are my present, and I don’t think the past is needed. I love you, and I’m never stopping till my very last Breath.
89. A million stars, a million tears and more, I will give it to you. Because the way I feel when we are around is the true definition of love. I want to kiss your lips and hold you tight. I want to look great for you because I want you to know how precious you’re to me.
90. I don’t want the moon, the stars, or the universe. I don’t want a million dollars or golden jewelry. All I need in this lifetime is your love.
91. Am I still everything you need? When your heart beats does it beat for me? When you think about love is my love still yours? What am I worth to you? Am I still the girl you want to marry? Because you are everything to me. I think about you all the time. All I need is to be with you.
92. I am standing here, wearing my heart on my sleeve, waiting for you to come and melt in my arms. I want you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me.
93. I can say it a million times and it still won’t be enough: I LOVE YOU. Your love is amazing. It’s perfect. It’s great. I’ve seen love before, but not like this. This love is absolutely exceptional. Thank you for being my partner.
94. I cannot believe that you chose to go out with me. When I asked you, I was sure you’d reject me. To my surprise, you said yes and here we are so deeply in love. I cannot wait to continue to wake up next to you for the rest of my life.
95. I don’t like you just on the outside. I like you on the inside as well. You are such a good person and I am so thankful and blessed to have you in my life.
96. Do you know the thing I love about you the most? Well, the first thing is your eyes. Yes, your eyes. Your beautiful eyes drew me into you. Your eyes are full of so much strength, beauty and wisdom. I fell in love with you entirely, heart and soul but I fell in love with your eyes first.
97. Since you have come into my life, I have never known what sadness is. Today my life is full of positivity and hopes. I never thought someone could have such an impact on my life. I am lucky for the love you have given me.
98. Without you here, my life would be so empty. If you were gone, the sun would never shine again on me. A cold bitterness would encase me. My light would burn out entirely. Without you I would have and be nothing at all. I would cease to exist. Please, keep me whole.
99. I wanted to tell you thank you for trusting me with your heart. I could not ask for a better present or a more immense responsibility if I try. I may not be perfect, but I will try to earn your love and trust each and every day of our relationship.
100. Love has never felt so complete and perfect and has never tasted so sweet. You have given me a brand new definition of love, and I am just so hungry for more and more of you.
RELATED: 100 Sweet Ways To Say 'I Love You'
More for You:
Maatie Kalokoh is a writer who focuses on love, relationship and pop-culture topics.
Paragraph on Love
The concept of love is very profound and crucial, which makes us prepare some paragraphs on it below with different word limits. Take the time to read all of them, and I am sure that they will help you by providing you with some ideas for preparing your project on the same topic.
Short and Long Paragraphs on Love
Paragraph 1 – 100 words.
Love is an incredible feeling. A person with a loving heart is always ready to help others without any expectation. Love is the need of every individual since the day of birth. Love connects the two souls eternally and makes the world a beautiful place for them. Undoubtedly, Love is divine.
Every religion in the World teaches us to love each other. Even, the animal and birds are worthy of being loved by the human. A world without love is almost impossible to think. Love is not less than a gift by God to us. Love is important to live the best of life.
Paragraph 2 – 120 Words
Love is the essence of all worldly joy, pleasure, fulfillment, and prosperity. Everybody needs love in his life. We can get it from others only if we provide them with the same. Loving is nothing but caring for other’s needs. Our religious books teach us to love every living being, even to our enemies.
Love needs to rest in our actions, not in our words only. Without love, we are just a structure filled with noise, emptiness, and meaninglessness. The quality of love makes you selfless automatically and rises you above other living beings. The death is for sure, but we can stay alive after the death in hearts of those who love us. Love purifies our soul and connects with God.
Paragraph 3 – 150 Words
It is almost impossible to express the importance of love in our life. God has created every living being without any discrimination. Though we all have different behaviors, only the power of love can hold us together. Love can convert a destructive personality into a constructive one effectively.
The man leads towards the inhumanity in the absence of Love. The society treats him with inferiority and disrespect. People don’t prefer to talk to him and contact him only when they have some urgent work. Everything is possible with the help of love that is why the animals understand the unique language of love.
According to a popular proverb, “The love has the power to convert a devil to a human”. The love is enough alone to open all the nervousness of emotions and make us look at the world from the other’s perspective. Love is divine, and its power can bless all of us.
Paragraph 4 – 200 Words
You may have heard often that love can make you experience heaven on the Earth. Yes, it is true, and it depends on us. The love is like knowledge; you will get as much, as you share with others. Not only human beings but animals and birds also need love and care.
Nature has provided us with many valuable resources like water, air, food, medicinal plants, fire, fuels, woods, and trees, etc. All these resources help us for various purposes. We all know that our survival will become very difficult or completely end in the absence of them. As they serve us, they also need our love and service.
We should love every single creation of God, whether a plant or an animal. We should treat them with love, and try to protect them, as much as possible. Loving nature also includes keeping the air and water clean, planting many trees, feeding the hungry animals, treatment of injured animals or poor human, etc. Our every act of love will add a bit of heaven on the earth.
With the help of love and brotherhood, we can create a good bonding and a better understanding among the people in our society.
Paragraph 5 – 250 Words
Having mutual love is very important for maintaining any relationship for a long time. True love is always priceless and selfless. The one who loves you will accept you without any conditions and will not expect you to be perfect. He/she will always try to keep you happy with all the means he/she has.
The parent and child relationship is the strongest and unique example of love. They love their child since its birth, and nothing can better express what selfless love is. Similarly, the child loves his parents in the same way and feels secure every time in their presence.
Love for our grandparents and other elderly relative is notably helpful. Those are the ones who had helped us in learning new things in our childhood. We can make them feel blessed only by treating them with love and care. They will always be with us in our difficult times.
Our siblings play a significant role in shaping our life. The elder one of our siblings always guides us with love, and we should always be obedient to them. Our younger siblings need our love and care for differentiating between right and wrong. Our love values much for them.
Everyone makes some friends at different stages of life. Some friendships last longer while some end in just a few months. The main reason behind it is the existence of love. Even we should have a feeling of love for the needy and poor. They deserve our love the most.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. We should love people to show affection and care.
Ans. We can love people, animals, things, environemnt, nature etc.
Ans. We should spread love to spread positivity.
Ans. In holy books, we have been taught to love our enemies.
Paragraph on moral values, paragraph on republic day of india 2023, paragraph on national festivals of india, paragraph on national flag of india, paragraph on importance of republic day of india, paragraph on education, paragraph on my best friend, paragraph on zoo, paragraph on diwali.
Loving. Healing. Touching.
FFP Poetry Forums
- Forgot Your Password
- Login with Google
- Login with Facebook
Short Love Poems
Short Sweet Love Poems
A love poem will not always be long and flowery. Sometimes what you need to say can be very short. In fact it may be the fact that the poem is short that makes it special. Its short length may show that you put the time and effort in to make every word count. You considered carefully every word choice. Every word choice has a reason behind it. A short poem can be the ultimate act of romance when it is given the time and effort that it deserves.
55 Short Love Poems For Him and For Her
1 - 20 of 55
- Highest Rated
- Most Shared
- Most Stories
1. From My Heart
- By Mrs. Creeves
- Published by Family Friend Poems November 2007 with permission of the Author.
A million stars up in the sky. One shines brighter - I can't deny. A love so precious, a love so true, a love that comes from me to you.
Read Complete Poem
- Shares 149661
- Fav orited 551
- Votes 39985
- Rating 4.42
Trust, love, respect. Sweetheart, you give me all of that. You are my greatest inspiration. You always instill in me that you'll always be there for me. You pour your heart out to me each...
Read complete story
2. Love So Amazing
- By Elaine Chetty
- Published by Family Friend Poems November 2017 with permission of the Author.
My love for you is like the raging sea, So powerful and deep it will forever be. Through storm, wind, and heavy rain, It will withstand every pain.
- Shares 45421
- Fav orited 243
- Rating 4.46
This poem touched me because it reminds me of my boyfriend. We can't be together but we still climb mountains and swim the deepest oceans to be together because we love each other .
3. Your Smile On My Mind
- By Luke O. Meyers
- Published by Family Friend Poems June 2016 with permission of the Author.
I wake up every day with your smile on my mind. It's a beautiful sight to behold, so soft and so kind. My dreams are filled with the thought of me and you. I awake and smile, for my dreams have come true.
- Shares 39475
- Fav orited 139
- Rating 4.35
I wish you'd know how close you are to my heart or how you and my thoughts never part. Or how you made me realize that love is one beautiful art. To explain this feeling, how do I even start?...
4. I Love You
- Published by Family Friend Poems February 2009 with permission of the Author.
You look at me as if I'm the only girl around. You make me feel important and never let me down. You've shown me how to live,
- Shares 27145
- Fav orited 235
- Rating 4.34
To my big shadow... I followed you around when I was a kid like your little shadow. We cried and laughed together, had our highs and lows, but we grew stronger with love. It's a closeness...
5. God's Gift
- By John P. Read
- Published by Family Friend Poems November 2015 with permission of the Author.
Love is like a river, A never ending stream. Love is shared by each other To answer someone's dream.
- Shares 24849
- Fav orited 116
- Rating 4.44
Love has no rights or wrongs. It's a feeling that's so strong, like a tall building high above the sky. It's hard to reach from underneath that bright blue sky. Once I look into your loving...
- By Shelby T. Parsons
- Published by Family Friend Poems December 2015 with permission of the Author.
What do I do, When I'm still in love with you? You walked away, 'Cause you didn't want to stay.
- Shares 18267
- Fav orited 165
- Rating 4.41
This has blessed me. I am very happy reading it but also sad because it’s a sad poem. Another comment said it made my heart leap. It touches me right in my heart. It is now my lock screen and...
7. My Heart To You
- Published by Family Friend Poems January 2017 with permission of the Author.
When you smile at me, I lose myself. You give me this feeling that makes me overwhelmed. When your hand is in mine, I feel totally fine, And that's the reason I had to make you mine.
- Shares 20129
- Fav orited 229
- Rating 4.38
So much love to you, writer. I wish he could utter these words to me.
8. Thinking Of You
- Published by Family Friend Poems July 2010 with permission of the Author.
I always think of you. In my sleep, in my dreams, I always think of you.
- Shares 44444
- Fav orited 196
- Rating 4.36
That poem is beautiful. I loved it. You're really good.
9. Our Love
L is for "laughter" we had along the way. O is for "optimism" you gave me every day. V is for "value" of being my best friend. E is for "eternity," a love that has no end.
- Shares 12373
- Fav orited 152
This poem means the world to me. I have been with my partner for nearly two and a half years, and we have had some tough times, but we have always gotten through them. Right now we are going...
10. Make Me Feel
- By Mariah Chandan
- Published by Family Friend Poems August 2019 with permission of the Author.
Take my heart; I'll give it with ease. Take my hand and walk this journey with me. Take these scars and heal them all up. Take these fears and make them vanish when things get tough.
- Shares 15263
- Fav orited 74
A simple poem but expresses the desires of a living being: love, protection and care.
11. Love Me Through It All
- By Caroline White
- Published by Family Friend Poems September 2020 with permission of the Author.
love me through it all the beautiful days
- Fav orited 37
- Rating 4.45
How beautiful it is and how vividly expressed! The way you need love is that he must "love you through it all". The simplest yet the most complex thing to do is to keep loving through the...
12. Only Us
- By Raquel McKissock
- Published by Family Friend Poems May 2014 with permission of the Author.
Laid my head upon your chest Your arms encircled me, It was, My Love, as if we were What God meant us to be,
- Shares 2372
- Fav orited 70
- Rating 4.33
13. I Swear, Baby, I Will Be There
- By Jacquelyn Upton
- Published by Family Friend Poems December 2008 with permission of the Author.
I'll be the one to call you baby at night I'll be the one to stand by your side and fight I'll be the one you will grow to love I will be the one you can't stop thinking of
- Fav orited 15
- Rating 4.26
14. I Love You
- Published by Family Friend Poems May 2012 with permission of the Author.
I melt when you smile. I can't breathe when you speak.
- Shares 2217
- Rating 4.22
15. The Patience Of A Heart
- By K_j_heart
Love takes time. It takes patience to find the one, to find him,
- Shares 1542
- Fav orited 36
- Rating 4.13
Hello! I'm Lavi. Like most, I have had strong feelings for several guys in my life. Every time it would end with sadness and heartbreak. I had given up on love and started thinking it was...
16. True Love
- By Paul Smith
- Published by Family Friend Poems January 2015 with permission of the Author.
When I say I love you, please believe it's true. When I say forever, know I'll never leave you. When I say goodbye, promise me you won't cry, Because the day I'll be saying that will be the day I die.
- Shares 22986
- Fav orited 299
- Votes 11497
- Rating 4.39
This poem has really made me remember my true love. I also said the exact same thing to him, but he never believed it. And I still don't know why. We were together for a year, and suddenly he...
17. Heart In My Hands
- By Katiynd Jenkins
- Published by Family Friend Poems July 2008 with permission of the Author.
If you said you were cold, I would wrap my arms around you. If you said you were thirsty, I would give you the ocean blue.
- Shares 7502
- Fav orited 118
- Rating 4.28
Love is something special, meaningful, and true. Love is something to be shared when two people are together. Love is something meant to last forever and ever and ever. DON HYDER
- By Jeremy Vega
- Published by Family Friend Poems June 2009 with permission of the Author.
L is for the Laughter I give to you every day knowing you'll never go away O is for the Options we'll have when we're together
- Shares 6626
- Fav orited 129
Hi, my name is Luzi. I'm 16 years old, and I live in California. I am currently in a relationship with a boy who I have been dating for over eight months, and I am truly in love with him! I...
19. Sweet Birthday To You
- Published by Family Friend Poems August 2011 with permission of the Author.
A wish for lots of birthday fun To last until the day is done. Hoping that all your wishes comes true, and your birthday cake is as sweet as you!
- Shares 9140
- Fav orited 49
- Rating 4.29
This reminds me of my best friend. We both are in 5th grade. At our school we have teams. The teams are pink team, red team, maroon team, and black team. The teams don't spend time together....
20. Together Forevermore
- By Vinny Vintila
- Published by Family Friend Poems March 2, 2023 with permission of the Author.
When I miss you, I seek solace in my heart and soul For in its depths, your essence I know.
- Fav orited 1
- Rating 4.63
Thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated!
Back to Top
Short Paragraph on Love (412 Words)
Here is your paragraph on Love!
Love is the key to happiness. We all want to lead a happy life. People look around for happiness in power, fashion, wealth, drugs etc. But these things can only give temporary pleasures.
Love makes us happy forever provided it should not be practiced with selfish motive.
Love is a noble feeling which cannot be expressed in simple words such as- parent’s divine love towards their children, teacher’s love for their students, and Saint’s love towards the entire universe.
The power of love can create miracles. Love can create unity among nations and its citizens. Love is the most beautiful feeling in the world. Love has given different meaning by different people depending upon how they have experienced this wonderful feeling.
Love is unconditional and selfless. Love knows no boundaries. Love may happen among sisters, brothers, friends, siblings, parents, neighbors, pet, relatives, partners etc. You are always available for the person whom you love.
Love makes you to do the best things for your loved ones to make them feel happy & proud about themselves. When you love someone you accept their weakness too and love them for whatever they are. Love has no specific meaning. Love is the most important aspect of an individual’s life. Love also carries harsh feelings sometimes but still it is considered as one of the best feeling in the world. Lack of love in relationships may result in aggression, quarrels, war, divorce among husband and wife.
Love has multiple meanings. Love can also happen with an object. For instance, many people love their cars, bikes, laptops, I-pods and other valuable objects. Every individual express his/ her love in his/ her own unique way. Some express love through their actions while some show it through actions. Love is treasured forever.
Teenagers can’t stop themselves from falling in love. They can’t stop themselves from thinking about the person to whom they are attracted to. Falling in love is easy because it starts when you are attracted towards someone. But living it up is difficult because love involves commitments and sacrifices too. Love is not limited to just a feeling, but it is a way to treat others with care, respect and affection. Love is followed by tenderness, passion and devotion.
So trust the people who love you. Be happy with them. Give something to them in return. Make them feel happy too. Care for them. Love them back. Protect them if required.
- Short Paragraph on My Idea of Happy Life (439 Words)
- Short Paragraph on Happiness
- Short Paragraph on Joy of Giving (341 Words)
- Short Paragraph on My Idea of Happy Life (375 Words)
Love Paragraphs For Him: 43 Long Romantic Messages For Your Boyfriend
By Author Ana V.
Posted on Last updated: May 15, 2023
You love your boyfriend, but telling him just that simply doesn’t seem like enough so tell him in the best way posparasible with only the most magnificent words. Love paragraphs for him are exactly what you need.
You don’t want to just tell him you love him, but how much he really means to you and what you appreciate best about him so find the best ideas among these love paragraphs for him. Once you read them, you’ll know exactly what to send to your boyfriend.
Love paragraphs for him: 43 long romantic messages for your boyfriend
Love paragraphs for him work great as romantic messages that you can send to your boyfriend. However, don’t settle just for texting! You can write love paragraphs for him as romantic love letters. Choose the best love paragraphs for him, add some details from your relationship, and write it as a romantic letter. Don’t forget to spray a little of your perfume on it and you can also put some lipstick on and seal it with a kiss.
Of course, you don’t have to go through all that trouble; love paragraphs for him can be sent as text messages, and your boyfriend will love them just the same!
If, however, you want to get creative, there are plenty of ways for you to use love paragraphs for him. You can even make a YouTube video with the pictures of you two, your favorite song, and a few love paragraphs for him . Just send him a link for your anniversary and wait for his reaction!
Still, you don’t have to wait for a special occasion to use love paragraphs for him. They work great for anniversaries, but any day is a good day to express your love. When you’re in love, every day is Valentine’s Day.
Love paragraphs for him are great to wake up to or to get before going to sleep. Your boyfriend will love getting some of the long love paragraphs for him when he has had a tough day too. In any case, long love paragraphs for him are great for any moment that you think of your boyfriend and be sure he’ll think of you too.
We have chosen the best love paragraphs for your boyfriend that you can choose from. These love paragraphs for your boyfriend will touch and melt his heart. Some of the sweet paragraphs for your boyfriend are so cute that he won’t be able to resist smiling once he reads them.
Sweet paragraphs for your boyfriend will make him instantly think of you. You can use short paragraphs for him if you want to keep things simple, but if you really want to pour your heart out, send long paragraphs to your boyfriend. Short paragraphs for him are to the point, but sending long paragraphs to your boyfriend is priceless.
Let’s see the best long sweet paragraphs for him that you can use. Tell him you love him with I love you paragraphs for him or melt his heart with long sweet paragraphs for him. There are a lot to choose from, so read on and go through all of them. Express your love with these I love you paragraphs for him.
Love paragraphs for your boyfriend
1. You are my world. I’ve honestly fallen deeply in love with you, and I am not afraid to say it. We have been through thick and thin and we are still going strong. I can’t imagine my life without you by my side. I love you so much I can’t even explain it! Forever and ever baby.
2. It started with wanting to spend more time with you. I wasn’t even sure what it was back then, just this feeling I had of wanting more. More time, more information about you, more of your presence in general.
I’d make excuses to see you, to ask you questions, to come up to you at events, to be in the same place at the same time. I didn’t know it was love then, I just knew I had to find a way to be around you. It was such a simple need. And it still is.
I need you in my life. I need to be around you. Your presence, your smile, your very self. You make me so happy.
3. I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for loving me and accepting me unconditionally and providing me with undivided love and attention.
You’ve been there for me through everything. Thank you for helping me grow into the woman I have become.
4. Thank you for loving me and accepting me unconditionally and providing me with undivided love and attention. I thank you for all the laughs we’ve shared and the great times we have had.
You’ve always been my rock in hard situations and the sunshine when it’s cloudy outside. You’re my everything, and I am crazy about you.
5. I can’t believe there was a time in my life when I didn’t have you. I can’t believe there were mornings where I didn’t wake up next to you. I can’t believe there were evenings where I didn’t kiss you goodnight. I can’t believe there were days where I didn’t think of you and jokes I didn’t share with you.
You have become a part of me and who I am, and I am so thankful for it. I’m just as crazy about you today as I was when we first started dating, and every day I fall in love with you a little bit more. You mean so much to me, sweetheart. I love you.
6. No more will my life be fearful, full of uncertainties. The goodness of your presence has brought me hope and a certain kind of gladness that I always can’t wait for the dawning of a new day.
Did I forget to say that everything about my dreams has become revived because you believe in me? Yes, you absolutely have faith in my little, and I have vowed to make you proud, baby.
7. Many times in life, we can end up taking the people who are closest to our hearts for granted. I am so used to all of the wonderful things that you do for me, and I never want you to think that I do not appreciate everything that you do for me and our relationship. Every minute of every day, I am always so grateful to have you in my life and in my heart.
Sweet paragraphs for your boyfriend
8. You’re my everything, and I mean that. I will never forget all of the fun things we’ve done together and the amazing times we have spent together. You have my heart forever and always, and nothing will ever change that.
9. You are hilarious! Even when we argue, you make it funny and just crazy! I love your sense of humor and randomness.
I think you’ve kind of spoiled me actually. Ever since we started chatting, everyone else is just so boring.
10. When I was a kid, I used to sit and think of what the person I loved would be like. I pictured kissing in fields or maybe on the beach.
A man who was strong and kind. Who was smart and driven. Who made me laugh. Who made me stronger.
You are so much more than I could have ever imagined. I never even thought to wish for someone as kind, sweet, strong, funny, smart, and amazing as you. You are life’s biggest surprise. You are so much more than anything I could have dreamed or hoped for.
11. No matter how many times we fight or argue, I always want to work it out. You have touched me more profoundly than I ever thought you could. No one could ever take your place.
You will always be in my heart. You are amazing in every way, and I am better with you. You understand me like no one else can, and I can truly relate to you in every way.
I mean it when I say that I am yours, and you are mine. I love you and will always fight for you. I want to spend the rest of my life with my amazing boyfriend.
12. I just want you to think of our good times when we selflessly share the joy with each other. And, my darling, I need you to understand that bad times are also part of this journey called love, and I will never let anything come in our way, let alone a trivial argument.
13. You are my world. I’ve honestly fallen deeply in love with you, and I am not afraid to say it. We have been through thick and thin, and we are still going strong.
I can’t imagine my life without you by my side. I am crazy about you, and I can’t even explain all these feelings inside of me.
Long paragraphs to your boyfriend
14. You are the best thing that has happened to me. You are the most amazing guy in the world. You treat me the way a woman should be treated. You are the ground that I stand on, my knight in shining armor.
I love you to the moon and back and then some. I could never ask for a more amazing boyfriend because I have the best one already. I never want to go a day without you, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much baby, forever and always.
15. Whenever we are apart, I am constantly thinking of you. It is crazy how every little thing can remind me of you. Your smile, your laugh, and the sound of your voice are never far from my thoughts.
I can remember the touch of your hand as though you are right here sitting next to me. No matter how far apart we are, you are always in my heart and in my thoughts, and your name is always on the edge of my lips.
Your presence in a room makes my light feel so much lighter, and my heart yearns for you when you are far away from me. Now that we are miles apart, I cannot wait until we are together again. When I see you again, I will never want to leave your side.
16. The love we have is greater than any of the storybooks we’ve read. You are my knight in shining armor, and I am your fairy-tale princess. There is no more perfect tale of love to tell.
Our love story is filled with adventure, passion, and trust. We will never give up on each other. No matter what hardship comes our way. I will ensure that we will always live happily ever after.
17. You are not perfect. Neither am I. The two of us will never be perfect. But if you can make me smile, know what I’m thinking, admit that you are just a human being and that you make mistakes, then I want to keep you and not let you go.
I will laugh at you while you are laughing at me, scream with you as you get angry, and mourn while you are gone. If you do the same thing, that is the meaning of love!
18. You have always been my rock and inspiration. Honestly, I don’t know who I would be without you. You are all I want and hope to be, I love you unconditionally.
When I was sad, you told me, “It doesn’t rain every day.” When I had lost all faith, you gave me a reason to hold on and be strong, and I only hope that I can be half the amazing person that you are. I love you, wholeheartedly and unconditionally.
If anyone deserves a happy ending, it’s you. Thank you for always being my shoulder to cry on through the good and the bad. You are, and forever will be my heart.
Short paragraphs for him
19. I want to shout from the rooftops how much I love you. Call me crazy, but that is how I express my love for you.
20. Life is better with you in it. It’s simple, really. The world is more beautiful, the days are more fun, moments are more precious. I love having you in my life.
I couldn’t imagine it any other way. I only hope you feel the same way. That I can make your life better by having been in it.
21. I want you every second of every day from now until the end of forever. I didn’t believe in love, and now I understand that I just spent my time gratuitously. But, being with you has changed my outlook on love and life entirely.
I now know true love exists… Because I found it with you. I love you.
22. It’s too hard for me to fall asleep tonight. It’s probably because you’re not here next to me. I miss you so much and wish I could have your strong arms wrapped around me while I sleep.
23. Babe, I want to reassure you that I am here for you. Not because I have no choice to leave; my willpower is still as strong as steel.
I am here for you because I can’t afford to lose the priceless gem, which I got when I found you. Trust me in this: you won’t regret loving me. Time shall unfold all.
24. Never in my life have I felt more dedicated to anything. I pledge my life and my love to you, and I promise to keep investing my time and energy into the wonderful relationship that we have together.
Every day I learn something new about you, and I am always reminded of how amazing you are. Together, we can have the greatest adventure of all time.
25. When we’re together, I feel as though I’m invincible. It’s like every piece of me is so weightless that I can drift from one cloud to another without ever coming down. I never want this feeling to end.
26. I don’t want the moon, the stars, or the universe. I don’t want a million dollars or golden jewelry. All I need in this lifetime is your love.
27. There are times when we’re together, we’ll be out at a restaurant or maybe just at home, sitting on the couch or going about our days, and I’ll look over at you, and I’m struck by how much I love you. It’s just like the first time.
I see you, and it hits me. Only now, unlike the first time, I realize how incredibly lucky I am to have you.
Long love paragraphs for him
28. Love of my life,
I cannot believe another year has passed. It was two years ago tonight that you first told me you loved me and asked me to be your girlfriend. It feels like we just met yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like I have known you all my life.
You make time meaningless. In fact, you make everything else feel meaningless because the only thing that matters is you.
You have brought so much light into my life. I would be lost without your torch.
Thank you for everything you have done for me, and thank you for helping me grow into the woman I have become. You changed my life that evening and put us on a path that has brought us such joy.
With love from the one who adores you.
29. I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were, so I thought I’d text you. Because the thing is—I think about you all the time. It doesn’t really matter what I’m doing, somewhere in my brain I’m playing a little movie of you.
Somewhere in my brain, I’m singing a song about you. I’m always planning the next time I’ll be able to see you and make you feel good. It’s always happening.
I can’t help it. You’re my favorite song and my favorite book and my favorite movie. You’re just my favorite. So, my favorite—how are you?
30. When I try to think of a favorite memory that I share with you, it is hard to pick just one. There are just too many wonderful memories to choose from. I love looking back at our relationship and reliving some of the memories we share together.
From the first time we met to our first date, I can’t imagine myself with anyone else in the world but you. All of those moments that we have had have made us who we are as a couple today. I can’t wait to see what memories we go on to create together so we can look back on them happily.
31. I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on you. You were standing there, oblivious to my existence, chatting with a friend. There was just something about you that called out to me.
Maybe it was the way you talked with your hands or how you laughed. I can’t really place my finger on exactly what it was. I was a very shy person and almost didn’t talk to you.
But today, I am so thankful I got the courage to walk up to you. It will always be my favorite day.
32. I hope that you know that I will always be there for you. Not just for the good times when we are celebrating and enjoying life, but for the bad times as well.
When you are sad, stressed out, or angry, just know that I will be by your side to see you through the tough times. I will hold your hand and lead you through the storm. And when things are going great, I will be there to cheer you on and dance with you.
Long sweet paragraphs for him
33. Here we are—despite the delays, the confusions, the ups and downs, fights and makeups, doubts and missed chances—at last, after all of that and a whole lot more, here we are where we were always intended to be. Being with you feels like letting out a breath I never knew I was holding. It’s such a relief to have found a man who makes me feel safe, loved, treasured, smart, supported, and cherished.
There’s a freedom to loving you, a freedom I never knew existed. It’s the freedom of knowing another person so well and being known so well by them. It allows me to be myself, flaws, and all.
It allows me to love you in the way I always wanted to love someone—unafraid and uninhibited. You’ve done that for me, and it has made all the difference.
No one brings so much happiness to my life as you. In your company, I find love that I have never known before. I can’t imagine what my life would be without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
You have given me so much love and encouragement that I don’t think I will be able to return all that to you. You have been lighting up the dark and bringing joy to my heart. When I am with you, I feel alive and strong.
I am truly blessed to have you as a part of my life, and I cannot wait for the day when we start a new life. When I say ‘I love you,’ I mean every word of it.
35. Chin, eyes, cheeks, lips, eyelashes, eyebrows, forehead, nose—these are the pieces of your face. Separate, they’d look pretty weird. But when put together, they turn into someone very special. It’s just you.
It’s just you. You don’t have to do anything—you are already amazing enough. I still don’t know how it is that I’ve been so blessed to find you, to have you, in my life.
I know that as we get older, we’ll grow and change with one another, and I can’t wait to see what happens. You are my sweetums, and I love you forever.
36. There are so many people out there in the world, but you are the one person in the entire universe that I can imagine happily growing old with. No matter how much time passes by or how old we get, no matter how many gray hairs and wrinkles we both end up getting, I know that you are the one person in the world that I am truly meant to grow old with.
I love you so much for who you are, and I could never get tired of you, even on the days where we have our disagreements. As long as we are side by side and hand in hand, I can grow old knowing that I am the luckiest person in the world because I will have you right next to me.
I love you paragraphs for him
37. I don’t even know how to tell you how much I love you. You’re the first thing I think of when I wake up and my last thought before I go to sleep. Everything I see reminds me of you and the things that we’ve shared.
Being with you has opened up my world, and I feel like I see things differently now (in a good way). I know we fight sometimes, but I just wanted to tell you, so you know for sure that I love you with everything I have. There is nothing left for anyone else.
It’s just you, baby. I. Love. You.
38. If someone told me that I would love someone the way I love you, I would call them crazy. But now baby, I can see what real love is and what you are capable of when you truly love someone.
39. I know I say I love you all the time, but that’s not enough. Those three words can’t describe the way I feel about you. You make my tummy do flips, and my hands shake.
I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you, and I don’t think I will ever love someone this much again. You’re everything I have ever wanted and needed. I am in love with you so much, you’re my everything, my entire heart, my world.
40. Sometimes I try to think of what my life would be like without you. What I would be like or what I’d do with my days. It’s so hard because so much of who I am now is due to you.
You’ve challenged me, inspired me, encouraged me, and supported me. And it’s because of all this that I’m the person I am today.
I am so grateful for your presence in my life and for the love and attention to give to me, our relationship, and our life together. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I love you so much.
41. To my soulmate,
I love you. I love you. I love you.
I can never say those three words enough, and unfortunately, I feel like you haven’t heard them at all lately. I’m sorry about that. I’ve been so overwhelmed with work that I haven’t had the time to give you much attention, but that will change soon.
You know why? Because I love you. I love you. I love you.
42. I love you so much. You are my world. Without you, I don’t know what I would do.
You are so amazing, and you do everything to make sure I’m taken care of. I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend.
I love you with my entire heart and soul, babe. You’re my Pooh Bear forever, and nobody is changing my mind.
43. I love you, and I wish there is a way you could just see into my soul and find the depth of passion, tenderness, and love that I have for you. No one else ever meant to me as you do. For me, you are the true meaning of love. You are my heart and soul, the very reason why I breathe.
Leave a comment Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Skip to main content
- Keyboard shortcuts for audio player
NPR's Book of the Day
- LISTEN & FOLLOW
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
Your support helps make our show possible and unlocks access to our sponsor-free feed.
Short story collections by Steven Millhauser and Jamel Brinkley focus on the uncanny
Today's episode features interviews with two authors of short story collections. First, NPR's Sacha Pfeiffer speaks with Steven Millhauser about Disruptions , and why he likes to write stories that start off in the normal world and slowly become more and more unsettling until he feels he's pushed the limits as far as he can. Then, NPR's Juana Summers asks Jamel Brinkley about Witness , and how he incorporated gentrification in New York, masculinity and Blackness into his larger themes of obsession.
Author steven millhauser doesn't mind if his new stories leave you uneasy, author jamel brinkley explores loss, love & responsibility in his new book, 'witness'.
What happened to michael burry after the big short in real life.
Christian Bale played Michael Burry, an investor and hedge fund manager, in the 2015 movie The Big Short – what is Burry up to in real life?
- Michael Burry, portrayed by Christian Bale in The Big Short, capitalized on his knowledge of the housing market crash by shorting mortgage-backed securities, ensuring he would profit from the 2007-2008 financial crisis.
- Following the backlash and audits from the IRS, Michael Burry closed his hedge fund Scion Capital in 2008 but continued to focus on personal investments and wrote an op-ed for The New York Times.
- Despite a tainted reputation, Michael Burry reopened his fund as Scion Asset Management in 2013, focusing on personal investments in water, farmland, and gold. He remains a major investor and is currently betting on another stock market crash.
Adam McKay's The Big Short tells the real-life story of the events leading up to the 2007-2008 financial crisis, and at the center of it all was Michael Burry, portrayed by Christian Bale in the film. The 2015 biographical drama movie highlighted various characters who eventually profited off of the economic decline during the mid to late 2000s and the housing market crash in 2007. But Burry was one of the most important figures. He was an investor and hedge fund manager who founded the hedge fund Scion Capital and predicted the housing market crash, so Burry jumped at the opportunity to capitalize on the knowledge for his own benefit.
Burry took advantage of his findings that the housing market was unstable and would soon crash by shorting market-based mortgage-backed securities. The Big Short contains a lot of stock market jargon that can be difficult to follow, but, to put it simply, the founder of Scion Capital made significant moves to ensure that he (and his investors) would walk away from the 2007–2008 financial crisis as a millionaire. Of course, many were unhappy with Burry, so even though the housing market crash made him richer than ever, it also tarnished his legacy.
Michael Burry Closed Scion Capital In 2008
Following the housing market crash in 2007, Michael Burry shut down his hedge fund, Scion Capital, in 2008 due to public backlash in response to his schemes and numerous audits from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). According to the end credits of The Big Short , Burry "contacted the government several times to see if anyone wanted to interview him to find out how he knew the system would collapse years before anyone else. No one ever returned his calls. But he was audited four times and questioned by the FBI."
Burry was also motivated to close Scion Capital because he wanted to focus on other investment ventures after making a personal profit of $100 million from the late 2000s financial crisis. Burry cashed out and moved on from the scandal, even though his newfound tainted reputation would continue to follow the investor around.
After he shut down Scion Capital in 2008, it would be a few years before he opened another hedge fund. Since he was a millionaire, due to him shorting the housing market, it was not completely necessary for him to frantically search for other opportunities to invest and turn a profit. But that did not mean that Burry was not focused on any personal investments during this brief period between hedge funds. Plus, in 2010, Burry wrote an op-ed for The New York Times titled "I Saw the Crisis Coming. Why Didn't the Fed?" The article dove deep into his predictions of the housing market crash and the subsequent fallout from the financial crisis.
Michael Burry Reopened His Fund As Scion Asset Management In 2013
Michael Burry is a real-life character played by Christian Bale in The Big Short , but his story was only just beginning after the credits rolled. Following the closure of Scion Capital in 2008, Burry reopened the hedge fund but rebranded it as Scion Asset Management in 2013 and appointed himself the manager. He utilizes the firm to generate personal investments, which include water, farmland, and gold. Water, in particular, has been a central focus for Burry, which The Big Short reveals toward the end of the film. The end credits state, "The small investing [Burry] still does is all focused on one commodity: water."
Related: 10 Best Movies Like The Big Short You Need To See
Michael Burry Is Still A Major Investor In 2023
Regardless of Michael Burry's aforementioned tainted reputation, the investor and hedge fund manager continues to be successful via his personal business ventures and his private investment firm, Scion Assist Management. According to CNN , Burry's hedge fund purchased $866 million in put options against a fund tracking the S&P 500 and $739 million against a fund tracking the Nasdaq 100 in August 2023. Basically, the firm is betting on another stock market crash in the United States, and only time will tell if Burry's predictions pay off for him in the same way that they did during the late 2000s housing market crash.
The ending of Adam McKay's 2015 movie suggested that Burry had significantly benefited from his schemes regarding shorting market-based mortgage-backed securities before the housing market crash. However, it also implied that his actions had severe consequences for the investor. Despite this, 15 years after Burry closed Scion Capital, he continues to play a major role in the world of hedge funds and investments, and if his latest gamble pays off, one of the inspirations behind The Big Short will make a lot more money.
Source: The New York Times and CNN
- Share full article
The Best True Crime to Stream: Leaving the United States
Four picks across television, film and podcast that will take American viewers and listeners to places with vastly different systems and understandings of justice.
By Maya Salam
The amount of true crime that Maya Salam has watched and listened to in her life might itself be a crime.
The true crime genre can often feel very America-centric: Crimes that take place in the United States, with American perpetrators, victims and investigators. So the systems at play — political, legal, cultural, press — are all anchored to a similar playbook, and the failures and successes of these systems can feel repetitive.
But lately, more documentaries and podcasts take audiences far from American shores and immerse them in societies with very different customs and expectations — and little in common with how crimes are approached, understood, pursued and solved in the United States. Here are four picks that will transport American viewers and listeners.
“Wanted: The Escape of Carlos Ghosn”
This four-part docuseries on Apple TV+ takes viewers on a well-paced ride between Japan, France and Lebanon that involves an escape almost too fantastical for Hollywood. At its center is Carlos Ghosn , a Lebanese chief executive, born in Brazil and raised in Lebanon and France, with a Midas touch when it came to automakers. Among other feats, he brought Nissan back from the brink of failure about 25 years ago. By doing so, he became a glitzy and beloved figure in Japan, until he was arrested there for alleged financial wrongdoings.
Along the way — through interviews with journalists, Ghosn’s wife, his associates (business and otherwise) and Ghosn himself — the stark differences in how executive compensation, justice, surveillance and criminal investigations are thought of and handled in these various countries are on display.
“Missing: The Lucie Blackman Case”
The police processes of Japan are explored from another angle in this Netflix documentary, which tells the story of Lucie Blackman, a 21-year-old British woman who was living and working in Tokyo when she went missing in 2000. Immediately after, her distraught family, led by her unyielding father, traveled there and — after proving that they would not be dismissed or diminished — spurred a massive search for her.
Cultural clashes frustrate the family and complicate the effort, and you may finish this documentary with as many questions as when you started (though they will be very different questions). Unlike many true-crime stories, there is closure to the case, and the outcome is shocking.
“Notes on a Scandal”
In this podcast, one of Pakistan’s first in the true crime realm, we travel to Karachi in the late 1960s and early ’70s, when the city’s lust-fueled nightlife and high-society scandals would rival the most sensational eras of Hollywood or New York.
This story has it all: the mysterious death of a tortured poet, Mustafa Zaidi, whose body was found next to his unconscious muse and lover, the socialite Shahnaz Gul, renown for her beauty; a rumored suicide pact; an exhumation; a murder trial; breathless media coverage; and even revenge porn, which was not digital as we understand it today, but printed on thousands of fliers.
The show’s hosts, Tooba Masood and Saba Imtiaz, Pakistan-based journalists, have been researching the circumstances surrounding Zaidi’s death for years. Over two seasons, they share their findings in great detail, attempt to apply logic to the gossip of that time and debate the legitimacy of the possible scenarios. This is an independent podcast, and some might find the format — a conversation between the hosts, with a couple of notable guests in Season 2 — simplistic, but there is nothing simple or boring about the tale they’ve resurfaced.
“Rough Translation: Love Commandos”
In India, arranged marriage, as its known in the West, is simply known as marriage — but marrying for love, which still accounts for only a small fraction of marriage there, is an anomaly called “love marriage.” As we learn in “Love Commandos,” the final season of NPR’s “Rough Translation” podcast, love marriage can be a dangerous, even deadly, proposition for the young couples who follow their hearts instead of their parents’ wishes.
In this five-episode podcast — hosted by Gregory Warner, guest-hosted by Mansi Choksi and drawing on years of reporting by the NPR correspondent Lauren Frayer — listeners are taken to modern-day India, where a mysterious Delhi-based group called Love Commandos has for about a decade offered shelter and safety to those who marry for love. Now, its leader, Sanjoy Sachdev, is facing allegations of extortion. As Warner puts it, “Escape is far from the same thing as freedom.”
Over five episodes, we hear from couples who’ve lived at the Love Commandos compound and from Sachdev himself. But the possible crimes perpetrated by Sachdev in many ways take a back seat to some of the painful details that illustrate the prevalence and normalization of fear, harassment, abuse and human rights violations seemingly inherent to love marriages — details that abound in nearly every story told.
Maya Salam is a senior staff editor on the Culture desk at The New York Times. She's a pop culture and television buff. Previously, she was a gender reporter and a breaking news reporter at The Times. More about Maya Salam
The State of Podcasting
Over the last few years, the industry has been one of the hottest corners in media..
Emma, Duchess of Rutland, learned the art of running a castle on the job. Then she started interviewing other duchesses on how they make it work on her own podcast.
Tenderfoot TV, the studio behind the hit U.F.O. podcast “High Strange,” is leaning in while other companies are pulling back .
Bob Crawford is part of the folk-rock band the Avett Brothers. He’s also the host of a new podcast about John Quincy Adams .
After taking over the beloved radio show and podcast “Radiolab,” Lulu Miller and Latif Nasser are gently making it their own .
Known first as a provocative influencer and sex blogger, Eileen Kelly is now equally frank about her mental health struggles on her podcast, “Going Mental.”
Whether you are looking for feel-good listens , fashion takes or career tips , we can help you find your next favorite podcast.
- Main content
'Snow White' actor Rachel Zegler slammed for her comments on the Disney original: 'There's a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her'
- The "Snow White" actor Rachel Zegler is under fire for her comments about the original film.
- Zegler, who plays the title character, has taken jabs at the Disney princess' prior portrayal.
- "If you hate the original this much, why would you want to make the remake?" a TikTok user said.
Rachel Zegler, who plays the title character in Disney's coming "Snow White" remake, is under fire for her comments while promoting the film.
Resurfaced interview clips show Zegler repeatedly suggesting she's not a fan of the original 1937 Disney princess film.
In a December interview with Entertainment Weekly , Zegler said she'd seen the original animated film only once before revisiting it for her new role and hadn't really enjoyed it.
"I was scared of the original version. I think I watched it once and never picked it up again. I'm being so serious," Zegler said in the interview alongside Gal Gadot, who plays the Evil Queen.
"I watched it once, and then I went on the ride in Disney World, which was called Snow White's Scary Adventures," Zegler said. "Doesn't sound like something a little kid would like. Was terrified of it, never revisited Snow White again. I watched it for the first time in probably 16, 17 years when I was doing this film."
In an interview last September with Variety , the actor was asked what she meant when she'd said she was bringing a modern edge to the character.
"I just mean that it's no longer 1937," Zegler began. Gadot interjected that Snow White was "not going to be saved by the prince," with Zegler continuing: "She's not going to be saved by the prince, and she's not going to be dreaming about true love — she's dreaming about becoming the leader she knows she can be and the leader that her late father told her that she could be if she was fearless, fair, brave, and true."
In another interview with Extra TV , Zegler described the prince in the original film as a stalker and, while emphasizing that a love story wasn't central to the new film, joked that her costar Andrew Burnap's scenes as Prince Charming might be cut from the film altogether.
"The original cartoon came out in 1937, and very evidently so," Zegler said in the interview. "There's a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her. Weird! Weird! So we didn't do that this time."
"We have a different approach to what I'm sure a lot of people will assume is a love story just because we cast a guy in the movie," she continued.
Many TikTok users have slammed the "West Side Story" actor for what they perceive as a lack of appreciation for the major new role, with some also calling her out for what they see as pseudo-feminism.
In a video that's been viewed over 9.2 million times since it was posted five days ago, a TikTok user with the handle @cosywithangie criticized the idea that it's inappropriate for women to be depicted pursuing love as a primary motivation.
"Criticizing Disney princesses is not feminist," the TikToker said in a video stitched with a clip from Zegler's Variety interview. "Not every woman is a leader. Not every woman wants to be a leader. Not every woman wants or craves power, and that's OK.
"It is not anti-feminist to want to fall in love, to want to get married, to want to stay at home, to be soft, to want to be a homemaker. None of these things make you less valuable as a person or a woman."
@cosywithangie Just because a woman values something different, does not make her any less valuable. Some women want a career and not marriage. Some women want a marriage or family and not a job. Some women want BOTH. All are to be heard, and seen, and valued. Write stories about ALL women and depict them ALL as valuable and worthy, instead of trying to mold them into one specific image of what you deem worthy. Thank you. #snowwhite #snowwhiteliveaction #snowwhitecontroversy #disney ♬ original sound - Angie | Self Care
"Thinking that a woman is any less valuable because she falls in love or because she accepts help from somebody instead of girl-bossing her way through her problems is not feminist," she said to conclude the video, which has over 1.5 million likes.
Another video , posted by a TikTok user with the handle @nuttybutter96, called Zegler out for accepting the title role in the first place.
"If you hate the original this much, why would you want to make the remake. Pls make it make sense," the TikTok user said in her caption.
@nuttybutter96 If you hate the original this much, why would you want to make the remake. Pls make it make sense. #greenscreenvideo #snowwhite #rachelzegler #galgadot #disney #disneyliveaction #movie i hate this kind of #fakefeminism ♬ original sound - Nuttybutter🧈
"I don't think I've ever seen such a condescending, smug Disney princess ever in my life," the TikTok continued. "She made us sound like women only matter if they are hateful of love, hateful of any kind of romance, and we only exist to thrive and be a leader."
The TikTok video has been viewed over 5.1 million times and liked by almost 470,000 people since it was uploaded two days ago.
But some fans have rushed to Zegler's defense. A user on X with the handle @waitforme_II called the backlash against the actor "genuinely some of the stupidest shit" on the app.
—Lottie (@waitforme_II) August 11, 2023
"She made one comment about how snow white has ambitions of her own that has nothing to do with romance, and suddenly everyone decided that women being damsels in distress is feminist, actually," the X user wrote in the tweet , which has been liked 44 times.
This is not the first time the Disney remake has sparked controversy.
Some photos from the movie set appear to confirm the film is ditching the seven dwarfs , with many internet users slamming Disney for not including actors who are part of the dwarfism community in the movie.
Correction: Some of the language of this post has been updated.